aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations Atif,

I think the embassy will send you a packet telling you to get your medical done and police certificate(s)? Not totally sure since I did marriage visa. Your fiancee will need to send you all her copies of the NOAs and paperwork that was submitted to the service center as well as any proof of your relationship. I can tell you the interview will be out 2 months or longer. Good luck and congratulations again.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Congratulations Atif,

I think the embassy will send you a packet telling you to get your medical done and police certificate(s)? Not totally sure since I did marriage visa. Your fiancee will need to send you all her copies of the NOAs and paperwork that was submitted to the service center as well as any proof of your relationship. I can tell you the interview will be out 2 months or longer. Good luck and congratulations again.

Mary

thanx Marry, this support is like cool breath for me :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Good News!

After 3 months of A/R, Nas got his Visa today!!

Thanks for all the prayers and Mojo! I'm sending some back big time today!

Laney

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

Timeline

Woo Hoo Rocky Mountain High Five!!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Good News!

After 3 months of A/R, Nas got his Visa today!!

Thanks for all the prayers and Mojo! I'm sending some back big time today!

Laney

Mubruk......... congrats.............. for getting visa.... way to go :dance::)

Timeline
:dance: Congratulations Laney, another release from AR so you can happy dance now. :dance:

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Timeline

Hi all

Hope everyone is doing fine.

I got my k3 visa on 30 sep 2005 and arrived US on 20 dec 2005 .Now i am in the process of preparing the application for AOS. My first question is how soon one should apply for the AOS after arriving US on k3 visa?

My second question is in I-485 part 2 which option i should select? there is no option stating like "i entered as a k3 spouse of a US citizen". instead it gives the option for k1. Should i cross off "h" that is " other basis of eligibility"???? which one will work for me?. any suggestions

thanks for any help in advace :)

Timeline

univted 11, Congratulations on your approval and welcome to the USA. I researched for you and here is the link on the AOS guide and process. It says that most K3s and K4s start adjusting status as soon or right after their arrival into the states. http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k3k4visa-aos.html

If this link is not helpful I would maybe repost the same questions in the AOS forums as well. Good luck on the remainder of your journey.

Mary

Timeline

In the off topic posts there was more good news to share from Islamabad today. :dance::dance:

Dood Wala's brother is finally off AR and will have his visa in hand within 2 weeks hopefully.

Shonjaved also was blessed with their CR1 case should have visa in hand within weeks.

Good luck to everyone that is waiting and hopefully the embassy will continue to release AR and AP cases. :thumbs:

Also heard they needed visa stickers and that is the holdup.

Timeline
In the off topic posts there was more good news to share from Islamabad today. :dance::dance:

Dood Wala's brother is finally off AR and will have his visa in hand within 2 weeks hopefully.

Shonjaved also was blessed with their CR1 case should have visa in hand within weeks.

Good luck to everyone that is waiting and hopefully the embassy will continue to release AR and AP cases. :thumbs:

Also heard they needed visa stickers and that is the holdup.

NOte to SHON

CAll Headquarters, tell them about that thing, they know what it is, its the machine that prints the stickers, express the items to Islamabad ASAP.. tell them your the boss, and you have it on h ighest authority :thumbs::yes:

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

It's official!

Naseer just called from Amex - VISA in HAND!

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.