aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

[quote name='browneyedgirl' date='Jan 18 2009, 08:19 PM' post='2568420'

Mrs Saiff,

You can attend if you like, its not required but can have a good influence on your case. Good Luck to you.

Thank u for replying back Brown eyed yeah i know they dont let u b part of it but atleast if im there since i can enter embassy having us passport being citzen they'll let me in n hope they dont question on too much of our relationship since v been married since 2005 n waited for my hubby to get his visa so i re filed the case summer of 2008 so hoping this time he does gets his visa soon n dont wana take any risks .even if im with him they shouldnt have any objection y im with him or beside him since they can say anything so mean i swear im shatterd cant even make any decsion since its almost 4 yrs now being apart .Thanks sis for replying best wishes n best of luck .

Edited by Mrs Saiff

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank u for replying back Brown eyed yeah i know they dont let u b part of it but atleast if im there since i can enter embassy having us passport being citzen they'll let me in n hope they dont question on too much of our relationship since v been married since 2005 n waited for my hubby to get his visa so i re filed the case summer of 2008 so hoping this time he does gets his visa soon n dont wana take any risks .even if im with him they shouldnt have any objection y im with him or beside him since they can say anything so mean i swear im shatterd cant even make any decsion since its almost 4 yrs now being apart .Thanks sis for replying best wishes n best of luck .[/color]

Hopefully he will get his visa soon. I know the wait is hard, i havent waited as long as you and its really hard for me too. We are on Ap for the last 6 months . Hopefully, it will be over soon. Inshallah. Best wishes to you too.

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

[quote name='browneyedgirl

Hopefully he will get his visa soon. I know the wait is hard, i havent waited as long as you and its really hard for me too. We are on Ap for the last 6 months . Hopefully, it will be over soon. Inshallah. Best wishes to you too.

Yeah hope n pray he does soon.I dont know if u know what i went through i'll make long story short .After being engaged i filed for fiance visa thinking like evryone said he'd b here within 6 months v waited 6 months didnt here anything v got married after waiitng for 6 months being enagged . he had his interview taken place that time they said congrats n will call u n let u know till this day v hadnt got any call from them n they had put him in AP for past 4 yrs .So i had to make sum descisons so i re flied the case in summer 2008 as spouse so my concern and big question is r they still gona put him in AP security check after they already did b4 ?? since i heard once they do they dont put u in AP but then again they r so strict n mean u can expect anything but i wont take it if they do that again:( im frusterated

I dont know. Its up to the embassy unfortunately. You know better than me they do as they please. Hopefully if he gets AP again it wont be long. I dont know how you have ever gotten though to talk to the embassy, i havent ever been able to get through, my fiance got through one time and the they told him he had the wrong section and hung up on him.

OurTimeline

11/29/2007--------NOA1

Naturalization

02/06/15-------------NOA

Kris,

Walheed's visa is coming!!!! Hang in there girly!!!

OurTimeline

11/29/2007--------NOA1

Naturalization

02/06/15-------------NOA

I dont know. Its up to the embassy unfortunately. You know better than me they do as they please. Hopefully if he gets AP again it wont be long. I dont know how you have ever gotten though to talk to the embassy, i havent ever been able to get through, my fiance got through one time and the they told him he had the wrong section and hung up on him.

Oh i know u can never get a hold of them through fone so what my hubby does if now he has question he just goes to the embasssy n sumone always helps answer question they r nice if u go there since now they have set up hours where u can go n they can answer ur question in embassy .Thats how he got his passport back he went n asked them for it with in 5 minutes they gave him saying ur case will b cancelled the previous case which was already seemed like dead case v didnt care as long as he got his passport back which we will b needing it soon now .So im thinking i should get a letter written frm congressman here saying they need to expedite case since they already had put him in AP b4 so .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Mrs Siaff

For me...Calling or emailing the Embassy has proven to be a complete waste of time. Not once have they given me any useful information in an email and I have not been able to speak with anyone at the Embassy on the phone. I can't see how it would be a bad thing if you went to your hubby's interview with him.

Hi browneyedgirl

We are so excited :star: This is Waheed's second field investigation and it went very well. We are waiting to see what happens next. :thumbs:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Timeline
Thank u for replying back Brown eyed yeah i know they dont let u b part of it but atleast if im there since i can enter embassy having us passport being citzen they'll let me in n hope they dont question on too much of our relationship since v been married since 2005 n waited for my hubby to get his visa so i re filed the case summer of 2008 so hoping this time he does gets his visa soon n dont wana take any risks .even if im with him they shouldnt have any objection y im with him or beside him since they can say anything so mean i swear im shatterd cant even make any decsion since its almost 4 yrs now being apart .Thanks sis for replying best wishes n best of luck .

Mrs. Saiff,

What happened to the first visa request? If it is still pending over AP this one should end up in the same AP. AP is just a given and no one can tell you if he will have it again. AP depends on many factors and the same issues may cause this case to go into AP. Also, it may be brought up at the interview about the other pending petition. Good luck to you.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Mrs Siaff

For me...Calling or emailing the Embassy has proven to be a complete waste of time. Not once have they given me any useful information in an email and I have not been able to speak with anyone at the Embassy on the phone. I can't see how it would be a bad thing if you went to your hubby's interview with him.

Hi browneyedgirl

We are so excited :star: This is Waheed's second field investigation and it went very well. We are waiting to see what happens next. :thumbs:

peace

~kris

Thank u Kris for replying aswell yeah i agree with u emaling or calling embassy is just not worth it .Well im kinda hestatting to go n b there for his interview what if like they always do ask for sum MORE documents frm here USA n if im there how will i provide more like they just look for sum stupid stuff to delay as much as they can hope they dont .And Inshalaha Kris ur waiting time will b over soon too.Best wishes .

Hi mary,Well i wished i knew the answer y or what happend .Cuz whenever v called n asked them bout case there answer was always "Case pending" and wait for our call ".They never called but v kept calling so without any valid reason they just put almost all Males in AP :( But once ur in u shouldnt b in AP again thats what i heard.Best wishes and please pray for us that v go thorugh this hard time easily i mean all of us at visa journey r going through heart aches:( Best wishes to all.

Timeline

Mrs Saiff

Please fill out your timeline and profile so we can better see what is happening with your case. :star:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Timeline
Hi mary,Well i wished i knew the answer y or what happend .Cuz whenever v called n asked them bout case there answer was always "Case pending" and wait for our call ".They never called but v kept calling so without any valid reason they just put almost all Males in AP :( But once ur in u shouldnt b in AP again thats what i heard.Best wishes and please pray for us that v go thorugh this hard time easily i mean all of us at visa journey r going through heart aches:( Best wishes to all.

I do pray daily for everyone going through the immigration process at Islamabad. I am concerned since they say the case is pending and yet they said if you got the passport back they would close the case. Have you called DOS? I would call DOS and just ask for information on your case? Ask them the status of ISL200XXXXXXXXXXX? If they say in AP ask them when was the last time any updates? I know if you travel outside of your country when in AP it automatically makes the information that you provided at the time of the interview obsolete. So the checks that were done are not valid anymore. This is why I say do not travel with a passport while in AP.

Good luck dear and I am so sorry that you are waiting this long.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Mrs.Saiff,

I am sort of new here, and in answer to your question, it is hard to say if it influences the embassy positively or not if you go to the interview. I went to my husband's interview in Islamabad and the lady behind the glass told me to go sit down , that I was not allowed to stand with him at the window. That was after I had been told by another worker that it was ok for me to be present. I will say, even though we were one of the first ones in, we were the last to be called, don't know why. But for his sake I am glad I was there, as he was very nervous. If I had to do it over, I would go again.

Edited by pluan

Timeline

I have been rereading Mrs. Saiff's posts.

And have a few questions and observations that I have come too concerning your case.

Yeah hope n pray he does soon.I dont know if u know what i went through i'll make long story short .After being engaged i filed for fiance visa thinking like evryone said he'd b here within 6 months v waited 6 months didnt here anything v got married after waiitng for 6 months being enagged . he had his interview taken place that time they said congrats n will call u n let u know till this day v hadnt got any call from them n they had put him in AP for past 4 yrs .So i had to make sum descisons so i re flied the case in summer 2008 as spouse so my concern and big question is r they still gona put him in AP security check after they already did b4 ?? since i heard once they do they dont put u in AP but then again they r so strict n mean u can expect anything but i wont take it if they do that again:( im frusterated

1. Are you a USC by birth or naturalization?

2. You filed for a K-1 and then got married within 6 months. I highlighted this in the bold red.

If you married before the K-1 was approved and adjudicated then you are not eligible for a fiance visa. This appears to be your problem all together that you did not meet the criteria for a K-1. This visa should be cancelled and not in AP. When he interviewed did he tell them that he was married? If so they should of told him a visa was not available to him on K-1 and that you would need to file an I-130 stand alone or with another I-129F for a K-3.

3. You really need to call DOS and see what the status of the original visa is with them.

4. You are able to attend the interview like plaun stated but may not be able to speak.

5. Which visa route are you going this time? K-3 or IR-1 since you have been married over 2years (2005-08-14).

6. Your husband may get AP but that is because more than likely he never was in AP since you were ineligible for the K-1.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.