aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Why 1000? they charged me 600 ! :huh:

Finally dropped our 3.5 at the American Express yesterday. They charged us 1000... I was expecting to pay more!

Mrs. Saif, we've never been able to get through phone lines when it comes to the embassy. However, they've responded to us within 3-4 days when we sent emails at "pakivquery@state.gov". Just make sure you write your case number down in the subject. Good luck, you should hear from them soon, inshAllah.

MRs.saif . listen carefully , they wont give u passport on phone even you request , tell your husband to go to us embassy and tell to security officers standing outside that i need my passport , with in 5 minutes he will get his passport , this is the easiest way you can get your passport ......... remember that

how many cases are pending here any one can please tell me

my case is in ap from the last 20 months now

thanks in advance

chaingang

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Zidane, I went to Amex, Lahore. You're in Islamabad, if I am not wrong. I guess the karachi folks pay even more?

K3 Timeline

03/19/2006 --- Married

I-130

04/07/06 I-130 sent

04/21/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

10/29/06 Congressman says the case is with a 'special department'

02/--/07 Infopass appointment: Background check

02/08/07 Touched

05/08/07 Congressman:"case is still pending the NAME CHECK with a special department"

06/06/08 Touched

06/11/08 RFE mailed

06/12/08 Touched

06/20/08 RFE in mail: Evidence required to prove bonafide marriage

07/14/08 Evidence package mailed to USCIS

07/24/08 Email from USCIS: package received

I-129F

04/23/06 Sent I-129

05/04/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

01/31/07 Touched

06/06/08 RFE mailed

06/09/08 Touched

06/12/08 RFE in mail: IMBRA

06/21/08 Touched

07/07/08 RFE mailed to USCIS

07/13/08 Email from USCIS: RFE received

07/15/08 Touched

09/08/08 APPROVAL NOTICE RECEIVED!!!

09/23/08 NVC receives case

09/25/08 Case sent to Islamabad embassy Alhamdulillah

10/08/08 Embassy says they'll send packet 3.5 within 7-10 days

10/14/08 Received Packet 3.5 - Incomplete.

10/21/08 Received Packet 3.5 upon request - WRONG packet! UGGGHHH!

10/23/08 Sent 3.5

11/14/08 Packet 4

11/20/08 Medical

11/26/08 INTERVIEW --- APPROVED Alhamdulillah!

12/19/08 VISA IN HAND

12/26/08 POE Washington D.C.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Finally dropped our 3.5 at the American Express yesterday. They charged us 1000... I was expecting to pay more!

Mrs. Saif, we've never been able to get through phone lines when it comes to the embassy. However, they've responded to us within 3-4 days when we sent emails at "pakivquery@state.gov". Just make sure you write your case number down in the subject. Good luck, you should hear from them soon, inshAllah.

MRs.saif . listen carefully , they wont give u passport on phone even you request , tell your husband to go to us embassy and tell to security officers standing outside that i need my passport , with in 5 minutes he will get his passport , this is the easiest way you can get your passport ......... remember that

thanks in advance

chaingang

what u r still in AP? ???

v r @ 11mons....

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

thanks in advance

chaingang

what u r still in AP? ???

v r @ 11mons....

revived , u know what is going with my case :devil:

Salam to all!

I m very happy to see this forum i did not know abt it its relevent forum and will help us all.

Coz here we can share our experiences.

Guys i wanna tell u briefly abt my case,and then would like to get ur valuable suggestions.

My wife is very sick shes US citizen she sent the expedition request to NVC to get ealry interview date in islamabad embassy.

She sent this request to NVC before send the DS 230 & I 864 to them.(My case is CRI and now it is IR1).My wife did it coz she wants me there as soon as possible coz shes sick and she did(expidition request) this on the behalf of NVC.

So NVC has sent our case to USEM.US embassy has also sent me the Packet 3.5.I sent back the required documents to USEM 7 October,2008.I did not get any call from AMEX.

Packet 3.5 cover letter they said 2 to 3 weeks so guys will i get the call surely after 3 weeks or not?

I did not send them my cover lette is that ok?

My question is that embassy take 2 to 3 weeks is that right or take more days?

I m on expidition so could i get AP while we have an emergency.Will they put me on AP?

Best of luck for everyone!

Timeline

Salam Everyone,

I recall reading in a posting in this forum about how if a US resident were to go to Pakistan and have residence of 6 months that they would be able to take their spouse to the Embassy and get her visa then and there so that they could travel. Of course i have numerous questions and I can't seem to find that post (it was an early one i think). Can we look into that. My wife and I have been on AP for 15 months. The 16th month will begin Nov 3rd (counting since her interview in Islamabad) This is a huge decision to make even if it is possible but as time continues, it may be the only option. It's so frustrating not knowing anything. We pray and hope that it'll end. With every day a new hope but it really is heart wrenching to not know.

Please if someone has any information on this matter, do reply. If it is an option, would that mean we would have to terminate our applied Visa and base our visa on that Residential stay. From what i remember it wouldn't just be a visit of 6 months, but rather a residency stay which must be documented most likely by the police whatever other things come along with it.

Best of luck and please let's all remember each other in our prayers.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Islamabad, IVQuery

Dear Sir,

Our records indicate that our office has received your passport and that has been already forwarded to the concerned department for final processing of your visaq.

Your visa will be sent via our couriers very soon.

Thanks

Immigration Unit

dat email i got today

zaidkhan

Jan 18th 2002 - submit my case by my father when he was GC Holder

March1st 2002 - I-130 sent.

June 24th 2006 - APPROVED

NVC FOR IR2 (I-130)

12/13/06 - NVC receives petition and case # assigned.

March 20th 2007 - CASE COMPLETED!!! Thanks ALLAH

March 25th 2007 - Case fwd to Islamabad embassy

US EMBASSY Islamabad

Nov 05th 2007 - Medical Appointment

Nov 19th 2007 - INTERVIEW IN Islamabad (APPROVED PUT ON AP)

Dec 15th 2007- AP CLEARED IN 27 DAYS

Dec 26th 2007 - Visa Printed in Islamabad embassy

Jan 17th 2008 - ALHAMDULILLAH VISA IN HAND

feb 10th 2208 - arrived in USA

USA LIFE

feb 12th 2008 -apply for Social Security Card

Feb 20th 2008 -Received Social Security Card in Mail

Feb 21th 2008 - Apply for State ID (ID Card) got same time

Feb 29th 2008 - Wel Come To USA Letter Received In Mail

March 07 2008 - Green Card Recevied With vild for 10 years

March 10 2008 - Open Bank Account And Got Account Number same time

March 12 2008 - Admission In a English School to learn english

Mach 12 2008- Apply For the JObs

April 03 2008 - apply for driving licence and get same day

Oct 01 2008 Got a JOb

thanks in advance

chaingang

Thank u for replying Chaingang i hope the security guy helps my hubby thats our only hope now i tried emailing tried calling nothing worked , i emailed the "pakivquer@tsate.gov for the whole month of sept for 30 days evry day i would send like 10 emailes for like 30 days but they never replied or contatced my hubby i added his case # n also his cell # so they can call him but nope no luck so i hope this works by going to us embassy but since security is too tight they might not even aloow ppl there without passport since his passport is stuck there . Though i will tell my hubby to do that

thanks in advance

chaingang

Thank u for replying Chaingang i hope the security guy helps my hubby thats our only hope now i tried emailing tried calling nothing worked , i emailed the "pakivquer@tsate.gov for the whole month of sept for 30 days evry day i would send like 10 emailes for like 30 days but they never replied or contatced my hubby i added his case # n also his cell # so they can call him but nope no luck so i hope this works by going to us embassy but since security is too tight they might not even aloow ppl there without passport since his passport is stuck there . Though i will tell my hubby to do that

mrs.saif they do give passport with out any problem so dont worry about that tell him to be out side embassy before 12:30 pm , inshllah with out any problem he will get his passport and the process of his visa application will also be going on , so dont worry about that and best of luck my wishes, prayers are with you , and i can surely understand from where you are coming from,

your brother

chaingang

Timeline

I think that's called direct consular filing (DCF). You have to be a resident for 6 months atleast in the country and then you can send in an I130 at the consulate. I don't know how long it takes to process but in the end you'll have to go through the interview and everything all over again.

Salam Everyone,

I recall reading in a posting in this forum about how if a US resident were to go to Pakistan and have residence of 6 months that they would be able to take their spouse to the Embassy and get her visa then and there so that they could travel. Of course i have numerous questions and I can't seem to find that post (it was an early one i think). Can we look into that. My wife and I have been on AP for 15 months. The 16th month will begin Nov 3rd (counting since her interview in Islamabad) This is a huge decision to make even if it is possible but as time continues, it may be the only option. It's so frustrating not knowing anything. We pray and hope that it'll end. With every day a new hope but it really is heart wrenching to not know.

Please if someone has any information on this matter, do reply. If it is an option, would that mean we would have to terminate our applied Visa and base our visa on that Residential stay. From what i remember it wouldn't just be a visit of 6 months, but rather a residency stay which must be documented most likely by the police whatever other things come along with it.

K3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-13

I-130 Approval : 2008-09-08

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-04 (Received in post : 2008-03-18)

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-09-08

NVC Received : 2008-09-15

NVC left: 2008-09-16

Embassy received: Around 2008-09-23

Package 3.5 received: 2008-10-08

PAckage 3.5 sent: 2008-10-09

Medical: 2008-11-10

Interview date: 2008-11-24

Date of entry into US: 2008-12-14

I think that's called direct consular filing (DCF). You have to be a resident for 6 months atleast in the country and then you can send in an I130 at the consulate. I don't know how long it takes to process but in the end you'll have to go through the interview and everything all over again.

Salam Everyone,

The only thing with DCF is you need to keep a place of residence in the USA and also most likely have a co-sponcer.

Timeline
Salam Everyone,

Wa'alikum As'salam Dr. N,

Our case was stuck at the USCIS level for almost two years. It had become extremely difficult to continue living like that. My husband resigned from work but lucky for us, Alhamdulillah, his employers said you could telecommute to work from Pakistan, and wait there with your wife till her visa comes. He has been here for almost a year now, and we're now waiting for an interview date from the embassy. I don't know if that answers your question... just my $ 0.20

K3 Timeline

03/19/2006 --- Married

I-130

04/07/06 I-130 sent

04/21/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

10/29/06 Congressman says the case is with a 'special department'

02/--/07 Infopass appointment: Background check

02/08/07 Touched

05/08/07 Congressman:"case is still pending the NAME CHECK with a special department"

06/06/08 Touched

06/11/08 RFE mailed

06/12/08 Touched

06/20/08 RFE in mail: Evidence required to prove bonafide marriage

07/14/08 Evidence package mailed to USCIS

07/24/08 Email from USCIS: package received

I-129F

04/23/06 Sent I-129

05/04/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

01/31/07 Touched

06/06/08 RFE mailed

06/09/08 Touched

06/12/08 RFE in mail: IMBRA

06/21/08 Touched

07/07/08 RFE mailed to USCIS

07/13/08 Email from USCIS: RFE received

07/15/08 Touched

09/08/08 APPROVAL NOTICE RECEIVED!!!

09/23/08 NVC receives case

09/25/08 Case sent to Islamabad embassy Alhamdulillah

10/08/08 Embassy says they'll send packet 3.5 within 7-10 days

10/14/08 Received Packet 3.5 - Incomplete.

10/21/08 Received Packet 3.5 upon request - WRONG packet! UGGGHHH!

10/23/08 Sent 3.5

11/14/08 Packet 4

11/20/08 Medical

11/26/08 INTERVIEW --- APPROVED Alhamdulillah!

12/19/08 VISA IN HAND

12/26/08 POE Washington D.C.

thanks in advance

chaingang

mrs.saif they do give passport with out any problem so dont worry about that tell him to be out side embassy before 12:30 pm , inshllah with out any problem he will get his passport and the process of his visa application will also be going on , so dont worry about that and best of luck my wishes, prayers are with you , and i can surely understand from where you are coming from,

your brother

chaingang

Thank u Chaingang Bhai ,Inshalah on monday my hubby will go n find out May Allah help us all Ameen , since i been waiting for my hubby past 3 yrs they havnt given him visa now we re appiled the case so May Allah help us re unite this time .So he needs his passport b4 his interview again .So inshalah let c what happens on monday i hope its that easy n simple since its usualy evrything they make it complicated there i swear .Anyways how long u been wiating n where u at , is ur wife sponcering u or u sponcering her? I also wana know how much is finger prints fee now?It was hundred sumthing b4 so now is it same plus is there any other fee they ask when u go for interview?

Guys i have more question can anyone help me my hubby told me that from his last interview they kept his original documents like his birth certificate n character certificate now he doesnt have originals with him But with his new interview he will need them so im so confused dont know what we should do , things r getting more complicated , and all this mess is driving me crazy i mean v provided them evrything it should b all clear v wont even have to go though this again but unfortunately we r .Stressed out need help.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi All,

I'm very happy to say that after 1 year and 7 months my wife has finally received her I-130 visa!! She will be coming the the US in a couple of weeks and we will at last be reunited. Good luck to all of you with your visa journey. InshAllah, you will all be reunited soon.

Here is a rough timeline of our case. We had to endure two security checks....

May 3, 2006-- Applied for I-130

Aug 15, 2006-- NOA2, sent to USCIS

Dec 28, 2006-- USCIS approves, sent to Islamabad

Jan 8, 2007-- Islamabad Embassy receives case

Mar 6,2007-- Packet 3.5 sent

June 22, 2007-- Interview date, on AP

Oct 15, 2007-- First security check completed

Oct 23,2007-- Embassy calls my wife and asks a few basic questions about our marriage.

Oct 27,2007-- DOS informs me that we are on a second security check.

Dec 17,2007--DOS says that second security check has been completed.

Jan 18, 2008-- Visa issued!

Jan 23, 2008-- Wife receives visa!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.