aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Want to share a good news

Hey all! I wanted to share a good news with all of you. My wife had her interview this morning and got her visa. She was given a pink slip. The counselor only asked her few questions:

1. what is your husbands name

2. where does he live in usa.

3. do you have an updated character certificate (police certificate) because the old one expired. She had a new one so had no problem.

4. Is this the first marriage for both you and you husband, and were not married before.

They did not request any further documents and congratulated her on getting her visa. They told her she would receive a call from the courier service to pick up her passport in one week.

Thank you all for all your support during this time. I wish everyone good luck on their upcoming interviews and hope that all get their visa soon who are on AP.

Best of luck all

all right! see you worryin' for nothin! mashAllah

good lucks to you both .. congrats n duas

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Want to share a good news

Hey all! I wanted to share a good news with all of you. My wife had her interview this morning and got her visa. She was given a pink slip. The counselor only asked her few questions:

1. what is your husbands name

2. where does he live in usa.

3. do you have an updated character certificate (police certificate) because the old one expired. She had a new one so had no problem.

4. Is this the first marriage for both you and you husband, and were not married before.

They did not request any further documents and congratulated her on getting her visa. They told her she would receive a call from the courier service to pick up her passport in one week.

Thank you all for all your support during this time. I wish everyone good luck on their upcoming interviews and hope that all get their visa soon who are on AP.

Best of luck all

all right! see you worryin' for nothin! mashAllah

good lucks to you both .. congrats n duas

Thanks revived. I wish you good luck as well. You all were very helpful.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Friends, How are you doing?

My wife had her interview yesterday on 15th of the august,and By The Grace Of GOD, she got approved.The visa officer said please collect the passport after 11days from the AM EX. Lahore.

I was with my wife to the embassy, the officer did not ask me even a single question, the interview was very short and he asked only 5 questions,

1, what is your date of marriage and where it held?

2, show me photographs.

3, how much your husband earn per hour?

4, How did we meet?

5, write the address and phone numbers of your husband.

I was listening when he was interviewing my wife. Dear friends there is no need of chest x-ray to carry to the embassy. The most important thing that i am going to share is that, i spent two hours after our interview to confirm this question that they put every body on AP.This is totally wrong information spread by some one.

I observed that they put some one on AP who are not good in English and say they want to give interview in English,During my two hours i saw this single case.

secondly they put on some one to AP whose documents are missing or they are unable to provide the originals 5 cases i noticed.

Thirdly the put some one on AP whose 1-864 form is not personal.I mean to says the candidates wife or husband , say there parents to make 1-864 for them . Noticed 2 cases .

Fourthly the persons who has given divorce to his first wife. 1 case.

If you have nothing from these conditions you will get visa and they would not put you on AP.

This is my observation , but God knows better.

with the best of luck for upcoming candidates. God bless you.

My wife had her interview yesterday on 15th of the august,and By The Grace Of GOD, she got approved.The visa officer said please collect the passport after 11days from the AM EX. Lahore.

I was with my wife to the embassy, the officer did not ask me even a single question, the interview was very short and he asked only 5 questions,

2, show me photographs.

4, How did we meet?

I was listening when he was interviewing my wife. Dear friends there is no need of chest x-ray to carry to the embassy. The most important thing that i am going to share is that, i spent two hours after our interview to confirm this question that they put every body on AP.This is totally wrong information spread by some one.

I observed that they put some one on AP who are not good in English and say they want to give interview in English,During my two hours i saw this single case.

secondly they put on some one to AP whose documents are missing or they are unable to provide the originals 5 cases i noticed.

Thirdly the put some one on AP whose 1-864 form is not personal.I mean to says the candidates wife or husband , say there parents to make 1-864 for them . Noticed 2 cases .

If you have nothing from these conditions you will get visa and they would not put you on AP.

Well congratulations to you and your wife. About A.P, I noticed that when everything is in order most woman dont get put on A.P. I have never heard of any man applying for a visa not to be put on A.P though.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

2, show me photographs.

4, How did we meet?

--------------------------------------------------

Well My friend your observation is wrong. AP means administrative processing and it's a random processing it can be done on any one male or female. how it works is let me explain. Its nothing to do with your English, its something which their computer generates called flag or hit. If matters on if your name is changed previously, you have traveled alot, mostly to Arab countries and it's a background check on you. It has nothing to do what you said up there which is English, document missing, 1-864 or divorce, if it would be that they won't say congratulation you have got the visa but we need to do further administrative processing.

It's just luck dear.

Edited by Saqib

Timeline

2ond journey, thank you very much. Yep there may be different reasons to put them on AP, When we entered the embassy there were 14 immigrant cases already.because we reached on the 2nd shuttle.

I am not arguing with any body but let you know clearly, that i within 4 hours that we spent in embassy observed 8 guys, whose petitioners were there wives, got approved with out AP.

two were sheikhupura, 1, narowal ,and 2 sahiwal .I taked to 5 persons out of eight and the remainin 3 i did not know,but listened the visa officer saying collect your passport after 11 days.

I did not know what happened after that.

Moreover my wife has 4 trips to London , one south Africa, 5 times to Dubai.

I observed the incomplete and suspicious documents( suspicious means not personally related to you) and the answers you give make them to put you on AP.

The reasons that i have give not directly but indirectly change the point of view of the visa officer.

WITH BEST WISHES ZORRO KHAN

Moreover my wife last name also khan.

Timeline
2ond journey, thank you very much. Yep there may be different reasons to put them on AP, When we entered the embassy there were 14 immigrant cases already.because we reached on the 2nd shuttle.

I am not arguing with any body but let you know clearly, that i within 4 hours that we spent in embassy observed 8 guys, whose petitioners were there wives, got approved with out AP.

two were sheikhupura, 1, narowal ,and 2 sahiwal .I taked to 5 persons out of eight and the remainin 3 i did not know,but listened the visa officer saying collect your passport after 11 days.

I observed the incomplete and suspicious documents( suspicious means not personally related to you) and the answers you give make them to put you on AP.

The reasons that i have give not directly but indirectly change the point of view of the visa officer.

Team,

You all are confusing Administrative REVIEW with administrative PROCESSING. Admininistrative processing = security check (which is for 99% males in a specific age group) and REVIEW is what Zorro is referring to.

May Allah SWT assist us all~Ameen

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

Also you might have a common name as you mentioned 'khan' but it is totally upto the CO discretion /judgment to put you through administartive processing or not, even what checks to request from DC. The interviewer must've decided your wife does not need it.

The reason for admin processing is specifically stated at Embassy's own website plus go look at state gov and FBI they will say similiar.

good lucks all

Re: Visa from American Express

Hey guys wishing you all good luck, I wanted to ask people who picked up their visa from American Express. How long did it take. My wife was told that she will get her visa in one week. I just want to book her flight in advance, so any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks all

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i recently received our noa2 and have been looking through the forms for the consulate. can anyone tell me what currently islamabad is sending in their packet to the fiance and the list of fees that we will have to pay to the embassy?

and i see a chest xray is not required?

thanks so much for your help. we're trying to get everything together before i leave for pakistan in october. inshallah his interview will be when i'm there.

i wish all of your a speedy process so you can be reunited with your loved ones.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations to all that got approved for visa.

Best Wishes on your new future together and May you have all the happiness and love.

Aisha (F)

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Team,

You all are confusing Administrative REVIEW with administrative PROCESSING. Admininistrative processing = security check (which is for 99% males in a specific age group) and REVIEW is what Zorro is referring to.

May Allah SWT assist us all~Ameen

My husband was on AP for like 6-7 months his first name is very common "Muhammad" and also works + lives in the UAE. I would just say AP is random can happen to anyone. But its very painful and hard to wait 6-7 months to find out if you receive the visa or not. Well best of luck to everyone out there and I pray that no one has to go through the painful wait like I had to. Thanks to Mary for all the emotional support. Love this Site.

I-129F (K3) Form:

07-08-06 – Married

01-17-07 – NOA1 rec’d

05-10-07– I-129F Approved, in 90 days from your filing date.

05-10-07 – Forwarded to ISB Emb.

06-19-07 – Initial Interview date but since he had business trips later changed to August 28, 2007 put on AP , given white slip

03-28-08 – call DOS case going in & out of AP

03-30-08 - called ISB said they requested case to be expedited

04-08-08 - Husband received email from ISB to pick up visa :) :) yippppyyyyyyyy

04-02-08 - VISA PRINT DATE

04-21-08 - will be in ISB to pick up visa :) :)

VISA IN HAND on 04-21-08 VISA Issuance DATE on 04-02-08

June 6, 2008 Arrived in USA POE Detroit, <10mins to do immigration, very nice + helpful officer, Zero harassment level even though husband has a very very common name

.png

.png

Timeline
Can anyone share their American Express experience. How long did it take you to receive your visa and passport after the interview. Thanks in advance....

It takes 4 to 7 business days (average). Don't be hurry to buy ticket until your wife gets VISA in hand. Good luck!

asmo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.