aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hello All,

I am soooooooooooooooooo glad to share that my wife was issued the CR1 visa on 8/1/08. She got a call from American Express today to pick up the visa. She picked up her passport and visa packet few hours ago. I never thought this day would ever come.

Thank you so much to everybody who has helped me through this journey and answered sometimes my nonsense questions. I would still help whoever I can, I may not visit VJ as often as I used to but don't hesitate to send me an email.

Aisha, hang in there, your day will come soon. Keep praying, I will pray for you guys as well.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: MANI.......... :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Alhumdulilah.........that is wonderful news !!!!!!!!!! I am so very happy for the both of you!!!!!

YOu was really stressin out there for a min but look.......see all your prayers have been answered!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do come back to the board every once in awhile, we understand that once your wife is there......you want to spend time with her and start your new life together :D

Also, once she gets here,,,,,,,,,please let us know how the POE experience went and do you know where she will be flying into??

Well, I wish you both all the happiness in the world.

Take very good care

Aisha ~n~ Qasim

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Has anyone contacted DOS either today or yesterday? I’ve called and both times they’ve told me that they can’t access any data from an overseas embassy do to some computer issues. Just want to see if anyone else if getting this info also? :(

-Fahad

Hi Fahad,

I did call DOS yesterday and spoke to a very nice lady. She said that Qasim's file got there yesterday( aug 4th) and that the AP could take anywhere btwn 4 weeks to 6 months. She was so very nice .........unlike the one that I spoke to on friday :angry: !!!!!!! She was very RUDE to me and so I just shut up and said yes mam and no mam to this nasty rude woman...... :angry::angry::angry::angry: I was so mad.....I could have spit nails though ( sayin in the south here...LOL)

Anywho....just keep trying and if any luck ....you will get someone nice insha allaah

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi , How are you doing guys?I am not the regular reader of the visa journey news, so congratulations for successful and the patience for the APs.

My wife is going to embassy for interview on 15 th of august, please let me know if the x-ray is necessary to carry it to the embassy?

Zorro khan

Hey Zorro, good luck with your wife's interview. Did your I-130 got approved or I-129F. best of luck

Hi Ali 786, our 1-130 got approved,and still i could not get the answer about the big x-ray film to carry it to the embassy.Nothing is mentioned on the appointment letter about x-ray film.

So the persons who have gone through the interview please let me know, should we carry it to the embassy or not?

I got two answers but opposite to each other. Guide please.

zorro khan

Timeline
Hello All,

I am soooooooooooooooooo glad to share that my wife was issued the CR1 visa on 8/1/08. She got a call from American Express today to pick up the visa. She picked up her passport and visa packet few hours ago. I never thought this day would ever come.

Thank you so much to everybody who has helped me through this journey and answered sometimes my nonsense questions. I would still help whoever I can, I may not visit VJ as often as I used to but don't hesitate to send me an email.

Aisha, hang in there, your day will come soon. Keep praying, I will pray for you guys as well.

Wonderful News! Congratulations Mani. Told ya! :hehe:

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Timeline

Alhumdulilah.........that is wonderful news !!!!!!!!!! I am so very happy for the both of you!!!!!

YOu was really stressin out there for a min but look.......see all your prayers have been answered!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do come back to the board every once in awhile, we understand that once your wife is there......you want to spend time with her and start your new life together :D

Also, once she gets here,,,,,,,,,please let us know how the POE experience went and do you know where she will be flying into??

Well, I wish you both all the happiness in the world.

Take very good care

Aisha ~n~ Qasim

Aisha, she is flying into ORD, Chicago.

8/18/07 Sent in I-130

2/17/08 I-130 Approved

3/3/08 NVC assigns case #

3/10/08 Choice of agent and AOS bill generated

3/17/08 AOS bill received

3/19/08 NVC receives money order for AOS bill

3/17/08 Choice of agent email sent

3/21/08 Choice of agent confirmation email received

3/24/08 IV fee bill generated

3/26/08 AOS bill processed in the system

3/31/08 AOS I-864 generated

4/8/08 Received IV bill.

4/13/08 Mailed IV bill, overnight.

4/14/08 Received AOS packet

4/15/08 Mailed AOS, overnight.

4/21/08 AOS approved.

4/22/08 IV payment received.

4/28/08 DS-230 Generated

4/29/08 Mailed DS-230 docs, overnight mail. (James shortcuts)

5/6/08 CASE COMPLETE!

5/29/08 Interview scheduled for second week of July

8/1/08 VISA ISSUED!

8/8/08 POE, Chicago

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

That is so good to know. May you have great time ahead.

Hello All,

Timeline

Hi all. Does anyone know when the auto tel. system of NVC say your case sent to embassy how much time does it take to reach US Embassy, Islamabad. And what tel. no. can the embassy be contacted.

I am worried since my interview date is in early september and I have noted that all the letters that I received from NVC reached in 6-8 weeks which would mean I would receive my interview letter either a day earlier or a few days after interview. If that is so I will miss my medical as the doctor does not give appointment without that letter.

Can the embassy send me this letter as they will have the entire file. I had an option that my wife sends the saiod letter from US but she has also come to Pakistan and await my interview, so no one can send it now from US as well. What should I do.

Filed: Timeline
Hi , How are you doing guys?I am not the regular reader of the visa journey news, so congratulations for successful and the patience for the APs.

My wife is going to embassy for interview on 15 th of august, please let me know if the x-ray is necessary to carry it to the embassy?

Zorro khan

Hey Zorro, good luck with your wife's interview. Did your I-130 got approved or I-129F. best of luck

Hi Ali 786, our 1-130 got approved,and still i could not get the answer about the big x-ray film to carry it to the embassy.Nothing is mentioned on the appointment letter about x-ray film.

So the persons who have gone through the interview please let me know, should we carry it to the embassy or not?

I got two answers but opposite to each other. Guide please.

zorro khan

Hi' Zorro,

The interview letter does not say not to take the xrays, but the doctor office tells you that the x-rays are for you to take to US and not needed for the interview. In my personal opinion your wife should take the x-rays to teh embassy. they are not that heavy. This will avoid any confusion and if they need it she will have it. in the worse case senerio she can always give it to the family to hold whoever goes with her on the day of interview.

Good luck on it.

Allah hafiz

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Has anyone contacted DOS either today or yesterday? I’ve called and both times they’ve told me that they can’t access any data from an overseas embassy do to some computer issues. Just want to see if anyone else if getting this info also? :(

-Fahad

yea i had the same prob! but i think they r up runnin' today.

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

ok guys.........most of you here know that I am always asking and stuff on the board....

well I have a question and well........I know there are NO dumb questions but here it goes anywho......

DO YOU THINK AP WOULD HAVE BEEN STARTED ON SOMEONE IF THEY WEREN'T GOIN TO GET A VISA?????????? DO YOU THINK THE TIME WOULD BE WASTED ON THAT .......IF THE PERSON WASN'T GOIN TO GET THE VISA??

thoughts on this please :D

thanks so much

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline
ok guys.........most of you here know that I am always asking and stuff on the board....

well I have a question and well........I know there are NO dumb questions but here it goes anywho......

DO YOU THINK AP WOULD HAVE BEEN STARTED ON SOMEONE IF THEY WEREN'T GOIN TO GET A VISA?????????? DO YOU THINK THE TIME WOULD BE WASTED ON THAT .......IF THE PERSON WASN'T GOIN TO GET THE VISA??

thanks so much

Aisha

Hmmmmmm i will ask Dr. Dolittle about that. :blink:

N-400 Naturalization

11/07/2011 - Mailed

11/15/2011 - Check Cashed

11/18/2011 - NOA Received in Mail

12/02/2011 - Biometrics Done

12/27/2011 - Yellow Letter Received

02/21/2012 - Interview Letter Recieved

03/22/2012 - Interview

05/11/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

thanks so much

Aisha

Hmmmmmm i will ask Dr. Dolittle about that. :blink:

:o DO YOU THINK HE WOULD KNOW........hmmmmmmmmmmm :bonk:

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline

Still waiting for reply.

Does anyone know when the auto tel. system of NVC say your case sent to embassy how much time does it take to reach US Embassy, Islamabad. And what tel. no. can the embassy be contacted.

I am worried since my interview date is in early september and I have noted that all the letters that I received from NVC reached in 6-8 weeks which would mean I would receive my interview letter either a day earlier or a few days after interview. If that is so I will miss my medical as the doctor does not give appointment without that letter.

Can the embassy send me this letter as they will have the entire file. I had an option that my wife sends the saiod letter from US but she has also come to Pakistan and await my interview, so no one can send it now from US as well. What should I do.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Still waiting for reply.

Does anyone know when the auto tel. system of NVC say your case sent to embassy how much time does it take to reach US Embassy, Islamabad. And what tel. no. can the embassy be contacted.

Shas1,

Try to have someone (your wife's neighbor or a relative) to pick her mail or something and either fax it to you or scanned copy sent to you. You will need to have that letter. hopefully you will have the letter before the interview in mail. my wife got hers in 5 weeks. But don't just sit on it, work on an alternative to have someone sent the letter to you.

not really sure how else this could be resolved, the embassy won't send you anything, it's really hard to even get in touch with them to begin with but you can try calling or sending an email.

F -

CSC -

10-27-2007 Sent I-130 Next day delivery

01-21-2008 Received NA01

03-27-2008 I-130 Approved

NVC -

03-31-2008 Received and Case# assigned

06-19-2008 Case complete, interview scheduled for Aug 29th '08

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thanks so much

Aisha

This would not make any sense at all. Why would they put someone on AP if the visa is denied. DOS is already loaded with cases, I am almost sure its against their protocol to waste the resources for a candidate whom they are not issuing visa.

Visa denials are mostly because of false statements, criminal charges, frauds etc, they can not deny your husband's visa due to a mistake in I-864 or because of a divorce document.

F -

CSC -

10-27-2007 Sent I-130 Next day delivery

01-21-2008 Received NA01

03-27-2008 I-130 Approved

NVC -

03-31-2008 Received and Case# assigned

06-19-2008 Case complete, interview scheduled for Aug 29th '08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.