aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
To all who got pink slip in the first shot!!!

Congratulations to all of you.....I just wanted to request if you guys can share your experience and tell us who got their pink slip in the first shot so we can see the trend of ISL Embassy. Since, it seems like alot of people are getting put on AP temporarily.

This will give a better understanding for people who are awaiting their interviews and could know what to expect some how. In addition, may be one of us can start a chart of people who got pink slip and who got put on AP and trace how long is it taking for AP to be approved.

I hope to hear from you all!!!!

Thanks

ISL VISA TREND

Hey Ali,

I like it, but I just hope others will give you their info, so you or me can keep track of it. :thumbs:

Thanks

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hey guys can anyone tell me where to get the police report in karachi and how long does it take.

Well from what I know.........I think you go to your local station there and get an application and fill it out. Return to them and they will do the police report. I know that is what my husband had to do, but he is in Rawalpindi. Also, don't get it to early cause some only have a 90 day expiration, but I know there were some with 6 mths. So you might not want to get it to early.

I am not sure if it is the same there............I know a few that went through karachi , so let me see if I can get them to respond to your post.

Best of Luck

Aisha ~n~ Qasim

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hey guys can anyone tell me where to get the police report in karachi and how long does it take.

Well from what I know.........I think you go to your local station there and get an application and fill it out. Return to them and they will do the police report. I know that is what my husband had to do, but he is in Rawalpindi. Also, don't get it to early cause some only have a 90 day expiration, but I know there were some with 6 mths. So you might not want to get it to early.

I am not sure if it is the same there............I know a few that went through karachi , so let me see if I can get them to respond to your post.

Best of Luck

Aisha ~n~ Qasim

great thank you i look forward to that.

and i am so sorry about ur case i hope it works out for u

Aisha

7238.gif

6995.gif

8468.gif

10206.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

MnM, visit your local police station and ask them for the form. That form will include a list of documents you'd have to submit with it. I submitted a cover letter addressed to the D.I.G. as he issues the certificate now, copy of my marriage certificate, four passport size photos, copy of my passport, copy of my NIC, copy of my matric certificate, copy a utility bill, copy of my dad's NIC and copy of two NICs from people in my neighbourhood. I got this done through someone I knew...a sub-inspector...Full-time Raashi. he took Rs.2500 when he gave me the Certificate which is valid for 6 months plus all those phone calls I made to him. got mine in about 15 days. Pain!

Also, get the copies and photos attested. I HATE OUR POLICE.

Edited by S_AL_

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Timeline
Hello Everyone!!!

I've got some good news!! We have FINALLY been cleared out of AP after 4 months!!! We mailed her passport to the Embassy yesterday, July 29! :-)

Am very very excited!!! They however told us it will take from 2 to 4wks to receive the visa.

I am now going to schedule her flight for September on PIA direct.

Does anyone know the best way to schedule the flight on PIA from Lahore to JFK? Also, is it cheaper to book the flight here in the US or in Pakistan?

Thanks in advance for your help! Goodluck to everyone on AP and for those of you waiting for interviews!!!

gohar

Hey Bro,

Congrates on getting the visa, you must be hell happy about it huh? Well I would suggest for JFK to try Emirates they are running direct flights to LA, SF and Houston and may be to JFK. Remember when you get tickets of the airline which belongs to the homeland you are traveling from are expensive like PIA it will cost you more, secondly you cannot book tickets for purchase from US for your wife to fly from the Pakistan.

Thanks

Saqib

I was thinking about her coming on Emirate or Etihad, but the problem with that is that she would have to switch planes. She is really really nervous about coming here and having to switch planes and that she might get it wrong. So that is why I want to have her take PIA here.

Are you sure you can't purchase a ticket here in the US for a person in Pakistan? I think that is possible becuase they are all E-Tickets. I could then have my Fiancee go to the PIA ticket office in pakistan and pick up her ticket. I dont see a problem with that.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

You can purchase it from a PIA agent, but also you can send her the money via western union and she can purchase a ticket from a local agen in Pakistan. Your best bet is to have her come by PIA since its the first time, its a direct flight and also every one speaks urdu and it will be easy for her to communicate and people will be able to help her if needed. Good Luck and congratulations

Hey!

Thanks for the help. She was able to get a oneway from LHE to JFK on PIA for $800. The best price i can get here was $880. How much does it cost to send money via Western Union? How long does it take?

Thanks,

gohar

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Timeline
Well, my wife just finished with her interview for the I-130...

She was told congratulations you've got a visa but it's going through administrative processing, in approximately 6 weeks you'll have to send us your passport and within a week we'll return it to you with the visa.

But the gave her a letter saying that it was temporarily denied?

Help...I don't understand what's going on... :(

-Fahad

Hey Fahad,

My fiancee was told Visa would be issued in approx. 3 wks. It took 4months of AP for the Visa to be issued. They just tell you a close date at the interview so you dont cause trouble at the embassy. There is NO time limit, however most cases are complete within 6months!

Call DOS, press 1 then 0. You will need your ISL number. I would call them once a wk, I started calling after the 6wk mark. but use your best judgement on when to start calling.

Here is the number for DOS: +1 202 663 1225

best of luck!

gohar

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

She was told congratulations you've got a visa but it's going through administrative processing, in approximately 6 weeks you'll have to send us your passport and within a week we'll return it to you with the visa.

-Fahad

Hey Fahad,

My fiancee was told Visa would be issued in approx. 3 wks. It took 4months of AP for the Visa to be issued. They just tell you a close date at the interview so you dont cause trouble at the embassy. There is NO time limit, however most cases are complete within 6months!

Call DOS, press 1 then 0. You will need your ISL number. I would call them once a wk, I started calling after the 6wk mark. but use your best judgement on when to start calling.

best of luck!

gohar

sniff still on AP it will b 8 mons coming week!

Hello Everyone!!!

I've got some good news!! We have FINALLY been cleared out of AP after 4 months!!! We mailed her passport to the Embassy yesterday, July 29! :-)

Am very very excited!!! They however told us it will take from 2 to 4wks to receive the visa.

Does anyone know the best way to schedule the flight on PIA from Lahore to JFK? Also, is it cheaper to book the flight here in the US or in Pakistan?

Thanks in advance for your help! Goodluck to everyone on AP and for those of you waiting for interviews!!!

gohar

Hey Bro,

Congrates on getting the visa, you must be hell happy about it huh? Well I would suggest for JFK to try Emirates they are running direct flights to LA, SF and Houston and may be to JFK. Remember when you get tickets of the airline which belongs to the homeland you are traveling from are expensive like PIA it will cost you more, secondly you cannot book tickets for purchase from US for your wife to fly from the Pakistan.

Thanks

Saqib

I was thinking about her coming on Emirate or Etihad, but the problem with that is that she would have to switch planes. She is really really nervous about coming here and having to switch planes and that she might get it wrong. So that is why I want to have her take PIA here.

Are you sure you can't purchase a ticket here in the US for a person in Pakistan? I think that is possible becuase they are all E-Tickets. I could then have my Fiancee go to the PIA ticket office in pakistan and pick up her ticket. I dont see a problem with that.

You can purchase it from a PIA agent, but also you can send her the money via western union and she can purchase a ticket from a local agen in Pakistan. Your best bet is to have her come by PIA since its the first time, its a direct flight and also every one speaks urdu and it will be easy for her to communicate and people will be able to help her if needed. Good Luck and congratulations

Hey!

Thanks for the help. She was able to get a oneway from LHE to JFK on PIA for $800. The best price i can get here was $880. How much does it cost to send money via Western Union? How long does it take?

Thanks,

gohar

congrats!!! inshAllah you both will b 2gether in no time=)

duas n regards

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

salam o alikum to allz ...............

how ru allz i hope everything is doing well

my question is thats my brother got his interview in april now its august he is still in A/P .3.5 or 4 months now when i call in DOS they only reply he is still in security check i dont know when it will b done (hope) i also gone in same thing but i got my visa in 27 to 30 days .can any body help me out how i can check his case i mean where his case is now like from congress man if i contact with congress man what he will do about it i hear from some one he told me you should contact with congress man thanks in advance pray for allz who is still in A/p allah hafiz

zaid khan

Jan 18th 2002 - submit my case by my father when he was GC Holder

March1st 2002 - I-130 sent.

June 24th 2006 - APPROVED

NVC FOR IR2 (I-130)

12/13/06 - NVC receives petition and case # assigned.

March 20th 2007 - CASE COMPLETED!!! Thanks ALLAH

March 25th 2007 - Case fwd to Islamabad embassy

US EMBASSY Islamabad

Nov 05th 2007 - Medical Appointment

Nov 19th 2007 - INTERVIEW IN Islamabad (APPROVED PUT ON AP)

Dec 15th 2007- AP CLEARED IN 27 DAYS

Dec 26th 2007 - Visa Printed in Islamabad embassy

Jan 17th 2008 - ALHAMDULILLAH VISA IN HAND

feb 10th 2208 - arrived in USA

USA LIFE

feb 12th 2008 -apply for Social Security Card

Feb 20th 2008 -Received Social Security Card in Mail

Feb 21th 2008 - Apply for State ID (ID Card) got same time

Feb 29th 2008 - Wel Come To USA Letter Received In Mail

March 07 2008 - Green Card Recevied With vild for 10 years

March 10 2008 - Open Bank Account And Got Account Number same time

March 12 2008 - Admission In a English School to learn english

Mach 12 2008- Apply For the JObs

April 03 2008 - apply for driving licence and get same day

Oct 01 2008 Got a JOb

Filed: Timeline

-Fahad

Hey Fahad,

best of luck!

gohar

sniff still on AP it will b 8 mons coming week!

Hello Everyone!!!

gohar

Hey Bro,

Thanks

Saqib

Hey!

Thanks,

gohar

congrats!!! inshAllah you both will b 2gether in no time=)

duas n regards

Western Union charges 5-10 dollars for pakistan, india and bangladesh. they will receive the money in 5 minutes via western union. good luck and congratulations

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys, hope everybody is doin' well.

I have posted about my wife's interview exp before but had a quick question. Her interview was on 7/10, she wasn't given a pink or blue slip and wasn't told anything about AP. Now when I call the embassy or DOS they say that her case is pending final review by CO. They assured me that there are no security checks pending for her so I am pretty sure she is not AP but on conulate level AR. With this being a busy summer season for them CO may not be able to get to the case files quickly since their priority at this time is to review the visitors visas first.

Has anybody gone through this? How long does it take? I have sent 3 emails to ISL consulate, no response. Any suggestions what I can try?

I have seen on cases that go through AP are placed on consulate level AR once DOS completes the checks but our case is on AR from the beginning.

Thanks for your help!

8/18/07 Sent in I-130

2/17/08 I-130 Approved

3/3/08 NVC assigns case #

3/10/08 Choice of agent and AOS bill generated

3/17/08 AOS bill received

3/19/08 NVC receives money order for AOS bill

3/17/08 Choice of agent email sent

3/21/08 Choice of agent confirmation email received

3/24/08 IV fee bill generated

3/26/08 AOS bill processed in the system

3/31/08 AOS I-864 generated

4/8/08 Received IV bill.

4/13/08 Mailed IV bill, overnight.

4/14/08 Received AOS packet

4/15/08 Mailed AOS, overnight.

4/21/08 AOS approved.

4/22/08 IV payment received.

4/28/08 DS-230 Generated

4/29/08 Mailed DS-230 docs, overnight mail. (James shortcuts)

5/6/08 CASE COMPLETE!

5/29/08 Interview scheduled for second week of July

8/1/08 VISA ISSUED!

8/8/08 POE, Chicago

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi guys, hope everybody is doin' well.

I have posted about my wife's interview exp before but had a quick question. Her interview was on 7/10, she wasn't given a pink or blue slip and wasn't told anything about AP. Now when I call the embassy or DOS they say that her case is pending final review by CO. They assured me that there are no security checks pending for her so I am pretty sure she is not AP but on conulate level AR. With this being a busy summer season for them CO may not be able to get to the case files quickly since their priority at this time is to review the visitors visas first.

Has anybody gone through this? How long does it take? I have sent 3 emails to ISL consulate, no response. Any suggestions what I can try?

I have seen on cases that go through AP are placed on consulate level AR once DOS completes the checks but our case is on AR from the beginning.

Thanks for your help!

Ok guys,

Took me a while to find this, but here is the post explicitly for ISL interview questions and embassy experience dated back to 2005.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.p...stan&page=1

hope this help.

F -

Edited by fason75

CSC -

10-27-2007 Sent I-130 Next day delivery

01-21-2008 Received NA01

03-27-2008 I-130 Approved

NVC -

03-31-2008 Received and Case# assigned

06-19-2008 Case complete, interview scheduled for Aug 29th '08

Timeline
Guys I need help I’m so very confused about the I-134 Affidavit of Support.
What the minimum amount you have to make in order to be qualified?
I read a somewhere on VJ that it is not required?
What is poverty guideline?
What all is required with I-134?
Please help I’m stressed out now about this!!!!!

:clock::huh2:

Edited by MnM

7238.gif

6995.gif

8468.gif

10206.gif

Timeline
Guys I need help I’m so very confused about the I-134 Affidavit of Support.
What the minimum amount you have to make in order to be qualified?
I read a somewhere on VJ that it is not required?
What is poverty guideline?
What all is required with I-134?
Please help I’m stressed out now about this!!!!!

:clock::huh2:

hmmm........I am not sure about the I-134 form. I know with the I-864 there is a poverty guildline to go by. You could check out that guide and it gives you how much would be needed, but that is for an I-864 AOS form.

Did you post in the K1 forum,....maybe someone could answer your question there. :thumbs:

I wish that I could be of more help.

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline

Hi guys,

Just wanted to report that I called DOS today...........to check on my husbands AP & see if it has been started. The lady I spoke to was so very nice ( Stephanie) .....unlike the one on Friday that I spoke with, who was RUDE!!!!!!!!

Anywho.........His file was just received today in Washington ( she was like we got the file on the 4th and said .....Oh today is Aug 4th) !!!!!!! :D She said that the checks can take anywhere btwn 4 wks to 6 mths and I was like okay .....thank you :)

So, AP has started and we still need to resubmit (2) documents and insha allaah ......he will be given his visa .......insha allaah insha allaah insha allaah!!!!!!

just wanted to share....

thanks

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.