aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Well, my wife just finished with her interview for the I-130...

She was told congratulations you've got a visa but it's going through administrative processing, in approximately 6 weeks you'll have to send us your passport and within a week we'll return it to you with the visa.

But the gave her a letter saying that it was temporarily denied?

Help...I don't understand what's going on... :(

-Fahad

Your wife will be with you soon. Its just the wait for AP which wont take long in her case hopefully.

Secondly, I wanted to ask you if your I-130 was approved or was it I-129 that got approved. R u a citizen or green card. Thats can probably explain more who are put on AP.

Congratulations and good luck again

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Your wife will be with you soon. Its just the wait for AP which wont take long in her case hopefully.

Secondly, I wanted to ask you if your I-130 was approved or was it I-129 that got approved. R u a citizen or green card. Thats can probably explain more who are put on AP.

My I-130 was approved, I never applied for the fiance visa. I'm a citizen through naturalization. So, in your guys opinion will it take only the six weeks that they said or will it be much longer like some people have experienced?

Is there any way I can find out why this happened?

Thanks for your help.

-Fahad

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
salaam to all,

Okay, I am a bit more composed now than alot earlier. I have talked to my husband in full detail and he scanned and sent me the papers that he was given. Okay this is what it says.........

We got a 221g documentation pending........

There are 2 documents that ..are needed to be resubmitted.

Our co-sponsor is my Grandfather and he does have enough to sponsor, but for some reason, it's not good enough for the CO that interviewed Qasim. I have to again go ahead and do another I-864 and get that sent out again.

Secondly..... my husband was married before and they said that his divorce decree does not """conform to Pakistani law"" My husbands eldest bro is a lawyer and it was done according to the Pakistani Law with his bro's help. Qasim again asked his bro, once home from embassy about the papers and he was like YES they are of Pakistan Law. IDK what they want from us??

Also, of course we knew there would be AP and Qasim was told that would take a min of 6 wks. That was no surprise.

Okay guys get this >>>

the CO asked Qasim>> :rolleyes: Why don't you live with your wife ?? ((Umm duhh what do you think we are trying to do here ))

:rolleyes: Why don't you live in another country with your wife?? :blink: WTH??

The only other questions about our relationship was >>> how did we meet? , where did you marry? Why does your mom live there? and do we talk? ( of course everyday on phone and computer) but the rest of the questions......were about his first wife *sighs*

Right now, I'm really tired and I hope you can make heads or tails of this post........if not............sorry. I am just emotionally and mentally exhausted right now.

Anybody else that has been in this situation?? Please help!!!!!!!

Allaah Hafiz

Aisha

Aisha,

Be strong at this critical stage, you have done the hard work, get your papers together, resubmit, have him go an AP as soon as possible. He will be here before you know it.

There was a similar situation with a friend’s wife, she was denied visa and was asked to resubmit some of his papers, and within 2 weeks after resubmitting the papers she had her visa in hand.

We are all here at VJ to support you.....hang in there...

F -

CSC -

10-27-2007 Sent I-130 Next day delivery

01-21-2008 Received NA01

03-27-2008 I-130 Approved

NVC -

03-31-2008 Received and Case# assigned

06-19-2008 Case complete, interview scheduled for Aug 29th '08

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

There is no way to estimate the AP timing. For famales it doesn't take very long but still no way to say it would be 6 weeks or longer. It could be less than 6 weeks also. You can't find out why it happenned but DOS can tell you the status because I think there are multiple security checks one has to go through.

You may want to call DOS to check exactly what kind of processing she is being put through. If her interview was just today, give it couple of days before you call DOS. Dept of State (DOS) 202-663-1225.

My I-130 was approved, I never applied for the fiance visa. I'm a citizen through naturalization. So, in your guys opinion will it take only the six weeks that they said or will it be much longer like some people have experienced?

Is there any way I can find out why this happened?

Thanks for your help.

-Fahad

8/18/07 Sent in I-130

2/17/08 I-130 Approved

3/3/08 NVC assigns case #

3/10/08 Choice of agent and AOS bill generated

3/17/08 AOS bill received

3/19/08 NVC receives money order for AOS bill

3/17/08 Choice of agent email sent

3/21/08 Choice of agent confirmation email received

3/24/08 IV fee bill generated

3/26/08 AOS bill processed in the system

3/31/08 AOS I-864 generated

4/8/08 Received IV bill.

4/13/08 Mailed IV bill, overnight.

4/14/08 Received AOS packet

4/15/08 Mailed AOS, overnight.

4/21/08 AOS approved.

4/22/08 IV payment received.

4/28/08 DS-230 Generated

4/29/08 Mailed DS-230 docs, overnight mail. (James shortcuts)

5/6/08 CASE COMPLETE!

5/29/08 Interview scheduled for second week of July

8/1/08 VISA ISSUED!

8/8/08 POE, Chicago

Timeline
There is no way to estimate the AP timing. For famales it doesn't take very long but still no way to say it would be 6 weeks or longer. It could be less than 6 weeks also. You can't find out why it happenned but DOS can tell you the status because I think there are multiple security checks one has to go through.

You may want to call DOS to check exactly what kind of processing she is being put through. If her interview was just today, give it couple of days before you call DOS. Dept of State (DOS) 202-663-1225.

Thanks, I'll call them on Monday and see if they have any info for me. I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks, I'll call them on Monday and see if they have any info for me. I'll keep you guys updated.

Fahad,

Why did they put your wife's case on AP. did they give any reason of any documents not complete. What questions did they ask. Did they tell her why do they need further administrative processing. I know its tough for you that you guys were expecting the visa but the good thing is that its just the matter for few more weeks. As pakmani mentioned do call the dos so they can give you further information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Well, my wife just finished with her interview for the I-130...

She was told congratulations you've got a visa but it's going through administrative processing, in approximately 6 weeks you'll have to send us your passport and within a week we'll return it to you with the visa.

But the gave her a letter saying that it was temporarily denied?

Help...I don't understand what's going on... :(

-Fahad

Congratulations Fahad on your wife's interview!!!

Looks like from what I have been reading.....male and female from Pakistan are going on AP.

Just give DOS a call to check status of that info ya know......I think pakmani gave you that number

DOS (202-663-1225 option 1 then option 0).

Also, my husband's interview was yesterday 07/31/2008 and I called DOS today and they looked at the info. So ours was already in the system, so you could go ahead and call. There is no crime in that ya know.

I pray that your wife won't have to be in AP for very long and she will be on her way to you.

Sending prayers your way

Aisha (F)

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline
Aisha,

In this difficult time, I can assure you that I did pray for you and will continue to do so. I am glad though that you have gotten more details on the case and I am sure things are slightly clearer to you. I hope everything goes well. Stay strong girl...all Aishas I know are strong and resourceful women. Do not worry.

Allaah hafiz

Sara.

Sara,

Thanks so much for the prayers and please do continue to send our way. I am just so drained from this whole process. We have been waiting for over 2 years really and just when we are right there.........."""they pull us back in"""""

I am working on the AOS today and just about got it done. Qasim is working on the other with a lawyer there in Pakistan. So insha allaah we can get everything resubmitted with a week or so. insha allaah

We really appreciate all the support and prayers

much love

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Aisha,

It was a shocki to hear about this and believe me I have found you to be the best helping person on this thread, so I am really sorry to hear about all this. My sincere advise is not to give up. Its part of life. There are obviously ups and downs. Believe in good and that Allah knows better than us. I think you will come through these problems soon. Take good care and energize yourself for the next steps.

salaam to all,

Okay, I am a bit more composed now than alot earlier. I have talked to my husband in full detail and he scanned and sent me the papers that he was given. Okay this is what it says.........

We got a 221g documentation pending........

There are 2 documents that ..are needed to be resubmitted.

Our co-sponsor is my Grandfather and he does have enough to sponsor, but for some reason, it's not good enough for the CO that interviewed Qasim. I have to again go ahead and do another I-864 and get that sent out again.

Secondly..... my husband was married before and they said that his divorce decree does not """conform to Pakistani law"" My husbands eldest bro is a lawyer and it was done according to the Pakistani Law with his bro's help. Qasim again asked his bro, once home from embassy about the papers and he was like YES they are of Pakistan Law. IDK what they want from us??

Also, of course we knew there would be AP and Qasim was told that would take a min of 6 wks. That was no surprise.

Okay guys get this >>>

the CO asked Qasim>> :rolleyes: Why don't you live with your wife ?? ((Umm duhh what do you think we are trying to do here ))

:rolleyes: Why don't you live in another country with your wife?? :blink: WTH??

The only other questions about our relationship was >>> how did we meet? , where did you marry? Why does your mom live there? and do we talk? ( of course everyday on phone and computer) but the rest of the questions......were about his first wife *sighs*

Right now, I'm really tired and I hope you can make heads or tails of this post........if not............sorry. I am just emotionally and mentally exhausted right now.

Anybody else that has been in this situation?? Please help!!!!!!!

Allaah Hafiz

Aisha

Timeline

Aisha,

It was a shocki to hear about this and believe me I have found you to be the best helping person on this thread, so I am really sorry to hear about all this. My sincere advise is not to give up. Its part of life. There are obviously ups and downs. Believe in good and that Allah knows better than us. I think you will come through these problems soon. Take good care and energize yourself for the next steps.

thank you so very much shas1.........I really apprciate that .....I really do.

Yesterday after his interview...it was really hard for the both of us, but now.......we feel even stronger and ready to fight and do what we have to do. They are not going to keep us apart......NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!

Qasim has already contacted some lawyers , so he is working on that document .........

And the AOS that we have to fill out........well that was my mistake :( but I am in the works of redoing that ( the reason being of the mess up is 100% on my part & that >>> ""I didn't ask for any help """" that was MY mistake and I admit that. So, now my husband and I are going through this #######!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: Luckily.......I got some help from a friend that knows her immigration stuff and so I am more prepared on what needs to be sent in and stuff for co-sponsor.

My Advice is >>>> No matter if you think your right or not.........ask someone for some advice first before sending the forms off.

Hanging in there

Aisha ~n~ Qasim

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline
Congratulations Fahad on your wife's interview!!!

Looks like from what I have been reading.....male and female from Pakistan are going on AP.

Just give DOS a call to check status of that info ya know......I think pakmani gave you that number

DOS (202-663-1225 option 1 then option 0).

Also, my husband's interview was yesterday 07/31/2008 and I called DOS today and they looked at the info. So ours was already in the system, so you could go ahead and call. There is no crime in that ya know.

I pray that your wife won't have to be in AP for very long and she will be on her way to you.

Sending prayers your way

Aisha (F)

Thanks Aisha, I really hope everything work out for you, Inshallah it will.

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of AP going on in Islamabad, I just hope that it doesn't take longer than six weeks, our three year anniversary's coming up in the end of the year... Like all of us we've spent way to much apart from the people we love.

Again, thanks for all your help and prayers! I'll post more info as it becomes available.

-Fahad

To all who got pink slip in the first shot!!!

Congratulations to all of you.....I just wanted to request if you guys can share your experience and tell us who got their pink slip in the first shot so we can see the trend of ISL Embassy. Since, it seems like alot of people are getting put on AP temporarily.

This will give a better understanding for people who are awaiting their interviews and could know what to expect some how. In addition, may be one of us can start a chart of people who got pink slip and who got put on AP and trace how long is it taking for AP to be approved.

I hope to hear from you all!!!!

Thanks

To all who got pink slip in the first shot!!!

Congratulations to all of you.....I just wanted to request if you guys can share your experience and tell us who got their pink slip in the first shot so we can see the trend of ISL Embassy. Since, it seems like alot of people are getting put on AP temporarily.

This will give a better understanding for people who are awaiting their interviews and could know what to expect some how. In addition, may be one of us can start a chart of people who got pink slip and who got put on AP and trace how long is it taking for AP to be approved.

I hope to hear from you all!!!!

Thanks

ISL VISA TREND

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.