aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
My fiance passed his medical exam :D and interview is next week plz keep us in your prayers.

Congratulations and Best of Luck at his interview!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

will be keeping the both of you in my prayers

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I used the james shortcut for DS-230 and sent it to NVC which was received yesterday. Earlier the automated message used to say about missing document (Which was confirmed by the operator that nothing's missing so ignore it). Today I called NVC and instead of saying we received DS-230 it says we have received the packet of missing documents, allow 6-8 weeks. Since today is national holiday so operator can not be contacted. What is this all about (I have sent DS-230 and not missing documents).

Does anyone know this.

Thanks

Filed: Timeline
I used the james shortcut for DS-230 and sent it to NVC which was received yesterday. Earlier the automated message used to say about missing document (Which was confirmed by the operator that nothing's missing so ignore it). Today I called NVC and instead of saying we received DS-230 it says we have received the packet of missing documents, allow 6-8 weeks. Since today is national holiday so operator can not be contacted. What is this all about (I have sent DS-230 and not missing documents).

Does anyone know this.

Thanks

That is normal and the same message plays for everyone. Now in 1-2 weeks they will play the message that your case has been completed.

Timeline

Does anyone know this.

Thanks

That is normal and the same message plays for everyone. Now in 1-2 weeks they will play the message that your case has been completed.

Thanks, Hope for the best.

My fiance passed his medical exam :D and interview is next week plz keep us in your prayers.

Congratulations and Best of Luck at his interview!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

will be keeping the both of you in my prayers

Aisha

Good luck browneyegirl. I hope you have a successful interview :)

Hey guys, I wanted to ask you all who are having an interview coming up soon. Are you guys going to request the embassy to let you pick up the passport stamped with the visa once interview goes successful. Or do we have to wait till they send via mail.

do you know if anyone who went thru an interview requested and was allowed to personally pick up their passport and visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife's interview is on 7/10, will let you know what happens.

8/18/07 Sent in I-130

2/17/08 I-130 Approved

3/3/08 NVC assigns case #

3/10/08 Choice of agent and AOS bill generated

3/17/08 AOS bill received

3/19/08 NVC receives money order for AOS bill

3/17/08 Choice of agent email sent

3/21/08 Choice of agent confirmation email received

3/24/08 IV fee bill generated

3/26/08 AOS bill processed in the system

3/31/08 AOS I-864 generated

4/8/08 Received IV bill.

4/13/08 Mailed IV bill, overnight.

4/14/08 Received AOS packet

4/15/08 Mailed AOS, overnight.

4/21/08 AOS approved.

4/22/08 IV payment received.

4/28/08 DS-230 Generated

4/29/08 Mailed DS-230 docs, overnight mail. (James shortcuts)

5/6/08 CASE COMPLETE!

5/29/08 Interview scheduled for second week of July

8/1/08 VISA ISSUED!

8/8/08 POE, Chicago

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hey guys, I wanted to ask you all who are having an interview coming up soon. Are you guys going to request the embassy to let you pick up the passport stamped with the visa once interview goes successful. Or do we have to wait till they send via mail.

do you know if anyone who went thru an interview requested and was allowed to personally pick up their passport and visa.

I think it's mailed through Amex w/in a week for those not goin' through AP.

if you r goin' through AP, at times they retain your passport, other times they give it back w/the pink "token" and they request the passport via phone/email once you r AP is cleared!

I could b wrong!

caios

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

By the grace of Allah Almighty, my fiancee's interview went well. Thanks for your help and assistance. So, She was approved for the visa and CO retained her passport and told her she will get her visa before July 10th and he gave her Pink Slip with a token. I am beginning to worried here since normally people get the visa within a week from the interview. It's already been more than 10 days but haven't heard back from them. is this normal that it is taking a bit longer or there are chances that they still can put the case in the AP? What does this Pink Slip means? does it mean anything? Appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks......

Asif

Timeline

Congrats! I think you are okay. If they were going to put her in AP, they would have said something about 6 weeks and they wouldn't have given her a date of 7/10. I have seen people take either 1 or 2 weeks if they are not in AP. There is nothing in-between. When did she have her interview? You can count two weeks from that date and she should have her passport.

My wife's interview is on 7/10, I would appreciate if you can share your finance's experience at the embassy.

Was she given an option to pick up the passport in person?

If she is in AP, it should also be indicated on the pink slip.

Please share as much details as possible, there are several people on this forum with July interview dates.

Thanks and Congrats again!

8/18/07 Sent in I-130

2/17/08 I-130 Approved

4/8/08 Received IV bill.

4/21/08 AOS approved.

4/28/08 DS-230 Generated

5/6/08 CASE COMPLETE!

8/1/08 VISA ISSUED!

8/8/08 POE, Chicago

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
By the grace of Allah Almighty, my fiancee's interview went well. Thanks for your help and assistance. So, She was approved for the visa and CO retained her passport and told her she will get her visa before July 10th and he gave her Pink Slip with a token. I am beginning to worried here since normally people get the visa within a week from the interview. It's already been more than 10 days but haven't heard back from them. is this normal that it is taking a bit longer or there are chances that they still can put the case in the AP? What does this Pink Slip means? does it mean anything? Appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks......

Asif

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance:

I hope she will have visa in hand soon insha allaah

please let us know about her interview!!

Thanks

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline

Thanks PakMani for bringing it up that i should've share my fiance's interview experience. I was planning to share it after i receive the visa though. But since it's been taking sometime and people have their interviews scheduled this month i would gladly share the experience now.

She had a interview back on June 28. She was requested to be there before 8:00AM. But she reached on the convention center around 6:00. There is always a long line so it is suggested. There is a misconception that nobody is allowed to get passed the convention center except the visa applicant which is totally false. My in-laws accompanied her to the embassy but off course they were not allowed to get in the embassy. So they waited outside the Embassy.

First thing first, No Cell Phone, no hand carry bags, no ladies purses and any no metal related products are allowed. First Security check is on the convention center before boarding the bus. Any belongings can be checked in at the security desk and they will issue a token number. In my fiancee's case i told her to leave everything in the car except the Transparent Document's folder. Bus Ticket need to purchased and issued only if you have Id card, passport and Appointment Letter. Second Security check is taken on the Embassy entrance and they took her appointment letter.

Upon her arrival in the embassy, it took her only 15 minutes before she was called in to the Window. It was a Paki officer asked her to hand him the Passport and medical reports and he asked her some formal question like What brings you here? Where is your fiance? Then he told her to take a seat.

After couple of minutes passed, she was called again to another window where she was asked to pay the K1 visa fee which i believe was $131.

Finally she was called by American CO in another window and he greeted her with a smile on his face. Firstly, He had her take an oath. What language would you prefer to speak English or Urdu? Since she doesn't have any problem with both languages she said whatever you are comfortable with. He smiled and said in urdu "My Urdu is not really good." Then he said "I have everything what i supposed to have, so you don't need to provide me anything" and my fiancee was carrying every single document we submitted from the day one to now PLUS 5 months of Phone bills, 1 year of emails. He asked her first question by pointing his finger on my picture, "Do you know this person on the picture?" she answered. He complimented her dress on our engagement pictures. Then he asked her couple of questions on the engagement ceremony like when was your engagement? where you had an engagement? Then out of nowhere he asked her are these engagement pictures or wedding pictures with a smile on his face. She replied with a quick and short answer "These are my engagement pics". He smiled and said Congratulations!!! your visa is approved and you will get your visa before July 10th and retained her passport. He handed her Pink Slip with a token. As per the question by PakMani she wasn't given an option to pick up the visa and neither she asked.

Well we are still waiting for the visa and hope we'll get it soon. Good Luck with your interviews.

Timeline

Thank you so much ANA. Please let us know when she gets her passport back.

8/18/07 Sent in I-130

2/17/08 I-130 Approved

4/8/08 Received IV bill.

4/21/08 AOS approved.

4/28/08 DS-230 Generated

5/6/08 CASE COMPLETE!

8/1/08 VISA ISSUED!

8/8/08 POE, Chicago

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.