aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Our case was just completed at nvc. We are going for cr-1 visa. I am confused. Does the embassy want another copy of our AOS package? It was already sent to NVC and approved. Why do they want more copies of it when it will be right there in the petition? So another words they want copies of again.

1. 3 years copy of tax returns

2. employment letter

3. the aos form

4. 6 months paystubs.

Please if somebody could let me know if this is what they want all over again :angry:

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ok guys so finally the case is 'complete.'

Thanks everyone for your input/knowledge sharing..

will keep you posted on the rest of the journey....

Thx

F -

CSC -

10-27-2007 Sent I-130 Next day delivery

01-21-2008 Received NA01

03-27-2008 I-130 Approved

NVC -

03-31-2008 Received and Case# assigned

06-19-2008 Case complete, interview scheduled for Aug 29th '08

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thx

F -

congratulations! n good lucks

duas

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thx

F -

That is great news F :dance::dance:

Best of Luck on getting a quick interview date :thumbs:

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My hubby had the mumps and chicken pox in pakistan, ad they still made him get and pay for these vaccinations in IOWA CITY @ the civil surgeons office..hmph

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi again. still I do not know how to enter or ask a question on the thread so sorry if I am in the wrong place. My query was that whiling applying for I-130 and filling Form G-325 I wrote my father's name as incomplete e.g if its Qazi Ahmad Ali Khan I wrote his first name as Ahmad middle as Ali and last name as Khan. i-e I did not write Qazi as first name. Now in DS-230 when I was filling the same I realized that in my birth certificate, Police certificate, Paassport etc. the fathers name is written as Qazi Ahmad Ali Khan. So how do I write this in DS-230. Should I write Qazi Ahmad as his first name, Ali as Middle and Khan as last. Will writing the actual name make difference.

If anyone can reply, I will appreciate.

SHAS

Timeline

I also have a question.......

How do we find out if the embassy received our forms from NVC?

Can we just email and get that info or what??

Thanks

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I also have a question.......

How do we find out if the embassy received our forms from NVC?

Can we just email and get that info or what??

Thanks

Aisha

I sent them an email got a canned reply back "... If you do not receive your packet 3.5 after one month, please write to ..."

With interview in a little over a month, I was hoping my folks would be receiving some local paperwork, but that hasn't happened yet.

Timeline

Aisha,

There is no way of knowing unless you wanna call them. NVC sends docs to the embassy through DHL so I am sure they will get them. Embassy will not be sending anything to the applicant because NVC sends the interview letter. Thats the procedure for K3, not sure for other visa categories.

8/18/07 Sent in I-130

2/17/08 I-130 Approved

3/3/08 NVC assigns case #

3/10/08 Choice of agent and AOS bill generated

3/17/08 AOS bill received

3/19/08 NVC receives money order for AOS bill

3/17/08 Choice of agent email sent

3/21/08 Choice of agent confirmation email received

3/24/08 IV fee bill generated

3/26/08 AOS bill processed in the system

3/31/08 AOS I-864 generated

4/8/08 Received IV bill.

4/13/08 Mailed IV bill, overnight.

4/14/08 Received AOS packet

4/15/08 Mailed AOS, overnight.

4/21/08 AOS approved.

4/22/08 IV payment received.

4/28/08 DS-230 Generated

4/29/08 Mailed DS-230 docs, overnight mail. (James shortcuts)

5/6/08 CASE COMPLETE!

5/29/08 Interview scheduled for second week of July

8/1/08 VISA ISSUED!

8/8/08 POE, Chicago

Timeline
Aisha,

There is no way of knowing unless you wanna call them. NVC sends docs to the embassy through DHL so I am sure they will get them. Embassy will not be sending anything to the applicant because NVC sends the interview letter. Thats the procedure for K3, not sure for other visa categories.

I didn't think there was any way to find out but to call or maybe email embassy.

I am trying to get everything together, so I can send to Qasim for his interview. Also, I want him to start getting his things in order there, but he says to wait. :whistle:

so what should I be sending him for the interview??

our NOA1 & NOA 2........paperwork/emails from NVC.......our wedding pics........our whole I-130 packet......what else?? He should get a fresh police report........ummm what else?

some bills that our in both our names.......I do NOT want them to have any reason to not give visa to my husband. I just want him homeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that our AP won't be long either.

who had an interview in June and how did it go?? Just curious

Aisha

Allaah Hafiz

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline
Hi again. still I do not know how to enter or ask a question on the thread so sorry if I am in the wrong place. My query was that whiling applying for I-130 and filling Form G-325 I wrote my father's name as incomplete e.g if its Qazi Ahmad Ali Khan I wrote his first name as Ahmad middle as Ali and last name as Khan. i-e I did not write Qazi as first name. Now in DS-230 when I was filling the same I realized that in my birth certificate, Police certificate, Paassport etc. the fathers name is written as Qazi Ahmad Ali Khan. So how do I write this in DS-230. Should I write Qazi Ahmad as his first name, Ali as Middle and Khan as last. Will writing the actual name make difference.

If anyone can reply, I will appreciate.

SHAS

Shas,

I am really not sure if there is a right or wrong answer to your question. However, in my personal opinion, I would correct this information in DS-230 forms because a) it is better to correct a past mistake then to continue with the earlier mistake. b ) The DS-230 is your actual visa application and you should be as accurate as possible filling that form.

Good luck.

Aisha

Here is what I am sending my wife:

- Copies of:

I-130, G-325's, DS-230, AOS and last year's Tax return along with the interview letter (once I receive it).

Although, she doesn't need any of those docs in reality, but she will need to go over all the information that is on those forms and be aware of it. Most of the interview questions come from what you provide on the forms.

A friend of her was sent back to provide more proof because she told the officer her husband DOB wrong. Her husband’s real date of birth is different from what’s on papers, birth certs etc, which is very common in Pakistan. She wasn't aware of this as her husband filled out all the forms etc and was sent back to provide more evidence such as his birth cert etc.

If I recall correctly, you also have an AOS co-sponser, They will ask your husband about the co-sponser, his/her relationship with you etc. My sister's husband was asked a bunch of qustions about the co-sponser in his interview in Feb '08, mostly general questions.

My wife knows more than what she should know about me-:) I just wanted to make sure that she is on the same page at the time of the interview.

She has all the wedding pictures, original nikah nama (we had two made at the time of nikah) I will ask her to get a "duplicate" copy of the police cert, Another original birth certificate. Whichever department issues the birth certificate, they can re-issue the same certs again as long as you have photocopy of the BC (this makes it easier for them to locate your record).

I am really not sure if there is a way of finding out if the embassy has received your Docs, Its worth emailing them, but I would wait at least two weeks after the NVC forwards your case to the embassy.

hope this help -

F -

CSC -

01-21-2008 Received NA01

NVC -

Timeline

I really don't see a reason for getting another copy of police certificate. Embassy has all the original which were submitted to NVC, and embassy would return all the original on interview day to the applicant. So, I don't see going through the hassle of get the duplicate of police certificate. Police certificate is valid for 6 months if it's more than that then I see a need for a police certificate.

Timeline
I really don't see a reason for getting another copy of police certificate. Embassy has all the original which were submitted to NVC, and embassy would return all the original on interview day to the applicant. So, I don't see going through the hassle of get the duplicate of police certificate. Police certificate is valid for 6 months if it's more than that then I see a need for a police certificate.

I understand that but my husbands was only good for 90 days!!!!

He will be calling embassy to see if that would be good enough, he said I am worrying to much :unsure:

Allaah Hafiz

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline

He will be calling embassy to see if that would be good enough, he said I am worrying to much :unsure:

Allaah Hafiz

Aisha

Aisha I'd have to agree with your husband-:)

regardless, as Sky2k stated, if the certificate is expiring then he should get another one. As per other duplicates etc, i don’t think it will be required. I really think the NVC is playing safe here, just in case, if they misplaced the docs, they can always say that we asked the beneficiary to bring the docs in the interview letter. I told my wife to get those duplicate etc if it is not too much trouble just be on the safe side with the new process..

CSC -

01-21-2008 Received NA01

NVC -

Timeline

Aisha,

My wife's police cert was good for only 90 days as well. I have asked her to get a new one. If your husband has a copy of the first cert it shouldn't be difficult to get a new one.

I would strong recommend getting it because by the time of the interview his cert is no longer valid.

My wife tells me I worry too much also but better safe than sorry.

Allaah Hafiz

Aisha

8/18/07 Sent in I-130

2/17/08 I-130 Approved

3/3/08 NVC assigns case #

3/10/08 Choice of agent and AOS bill generated

3/17/08 AOS bill received

3/19/08 NVC receives money order for AOS bill

3/17/08 Choice of agent email sent

3/21/08 Choice of agent confirmation email received

3/24/08 IV fee bill generated

3/26/08 AOS bill processed in the system

3/31/08 AOS I-864 generated

4/8/08 Received IV bill.

4/13/08 Mailed IV bill, overnight.

4/14/08 Received AOS packet

4/15/08 Mailed AOS, overnight.

4/21/08 AOS approved.

4/22/08 IV payment received.

4/28/08 DS-230 Generated

4/29/08 Mailed DS-230 docs, overnight mail. (James shortcuts)

5/6/08 CASE COMPLETE!

5/29/08 Interview scheduled for second week of July

8/1/08 VISA ISSUED!

8/8/08 POE, Chicago

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.