aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I heard a while ago on NPR (maybe) that most of the people with CR1 should not go through the name check/AP process becasue they are conditional residents and would go through more thorough background check when they apply for 10 year green card after being in the country for 2 years.

I have also noticed on VJ that most of the people who are going through AP are not I-130 but 129F when they apply for perm. status in the States.

Is it also true that applicants who have traveled outside of PAK before are more likely to be selected for AP?

Thanks for your input!

My fiance has never traveled out of country.. on AP for 6 mons +!!! Itz common names and gender ofcourse! !

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hiya, how every body is doing here? I need help from you guys , I sent the DS230 along with every necessary documents mentioned in that web site. After 5 days i phoned the NVC to get the latest status information for my DS 230 form, The message said ,your case was completed on 6th june.But two days later i received a mail from the NVC stating that police certificate was missing but still the completed case message was on.

I phoned the NVC they told me your wife should provide the new police certificate at the time of interview.in ISLAMABAD.

Can my wife use the photocopy of the police certificate that she ALREADY had for her own record instead of going through the complex police process?

thanx zorro khan

Timeline

Why do they need another police certificate?

Didn't you already submit one with the DS-230?

When was your wife's police certificate issued?

No, you can't submit a photocopy of the police certificate, but your wife can get a duplicate issued if the original was issued within last six months.

Hiya, how every body is doing here? I need help from you guys , I sent the DS230 along with every necessary documents mentioned in that web site. After 5 days i phoned the NVC to get the latest status information for my DS 230 form, The message said ,your case was completed on 6th june.But two days later i received a mail from the NVC stating that police certificate was missing but still the completed case message was on.

I phoned the NVC they told me your wife should provide the new police certificate at the time of interview.in ISLAMABAD.

Can my wife use the photocopy of the police certificate that she ALREADY had for her own record instead of going through the complex police process?

thanx zorro khan

Edited by Sky2k

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thanx zorro khan

Zorro,

I am not sure why the NVC operator would tell you this when ISL will have all original docs in their hands at the time of the interview. The only reason I can think of is the validity of the police cert or expiration from the NVC/ISL perspective. Although, I am yet to find that information anyware on their website.

This would really suck if they ask for Police Cert again, it won't just be your wife but everyone else with post late Feb. 08 NVC cases. I received a letter from the NVC for missing documents for DS-230 since I never submitted any with the DS-230. Interesting enough, in that letter, they requested all documents to be submitted to the NVC, (marriage cert etc.) except for the police cert. (At this point I had already sent the docs)

Here is the information on the letter regarding the police cert:

"Pakistan Police Certificate:

Pakistan; Available. Police records are available at no cost from the applicants' District Coordinating Office. They may take up to three months to obtain. Because of the long wait for these it is requested that you bring these documents at the point of interview."

Those idiots (excuse my frustration here) could have added this simple information on the instructions website for DS-230. My documents to the NVC were delayed because of the length and complexity involved in getting the police cert, so that time is already wasted plus if we have to get the cert again, it can really cause problems, I know for fact that there is more time and scrutiny involved if you request more than one police cert within short length of time. (twice in 3 months or so, it happened to a friend who applied for Both Canadian and US immigration at the same time for his wife, where she needed the police cert for both within four months time period.)

Thanks

F --

CSC -

10-27-2007 Sent I-130 Next day delivery

01-21-2008 Received NA01

03-27-2008 I-130 Approved

NVC -

03-31-2008 Received and Case# assigned

06-19-2008 Case complete, interview scheduled for Aug 29th '08

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Interview is 7/11.

:dance::dance::dance: BIG CONGRATULATIONS :dance::dance:

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Our interview date is on July 7th. I am leaving on June 19th to be with my wife, and I am going with her to Islamabad for the interview, I am excited but also nervous about this security check thing, I hope my wife doesn't have to go through that, I doubt they would be sispcious about a 20 year old female, well just hoping and praying :dancing:

Elijah

Edited by Elijah

Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Our interview date is on July 7th. I am leaving on June 19th to be with my wife, and I am going with her to Islamabad for the interview, I am excited but also nervous about this security check thing, I hope my wife doesn't have to go through that, I doubt they would be sispcious about a 20 year old female, well just hoping and praying :dancing:

Elijah

:dance::dance: Congratulations Elijah on your interview date :dance::dance:

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline

Congrats Elijah. Please keep us posted. My wife's interview is on 7/11, I am also hoping that she doesn't have to go through stupid AP carp.

Thanks!

8/18/07 Sent in I-130

2/17/08 I-130 Approved

3/3/08 NVC assigns case #

3/10/08 Choice of agent and AOS bill generated

3/17/08 AOS bill received

3/19/08 NVC receives money order for AOS bill

3/17/08 Choice of agent email sent

3/21/08 Choice of agent confirmation email received

3/24/08 IV fee bill generated

3/26/08 AOS bill processed in the system

3/31/08 AOS I-864 generated

4/8/08 Received IV bill.

4/13/08 Mailed IV bill, overnight.

4/14/08 Received AOS packet

4/15/08 Mailed AOS, overnight.

4/21/08 AOS approved.

4/22/08 IV payment received.

4/28/08 DS-230 Generated

4/29/08 Mailed DS-230 docs, overnight mail. (James shortcuts)

5/6/08 CASE COMPLETE!

5/29/08 Interview scheduled for second week of July

8/1/08 VISA ISSUED!

8/8/08 POE, Chicago

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Elijah

InshAllah, she won't.. Good luckz and duas... to all those goin' into interview!

plz make dua 4 us too.

Caios,

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

I called NVC this morning around 7:30 am and we still don't have an interview date. :(

Hopefully soon.....insha allaah!!!!

Best of Luck to all that have an interview date!! :thumbs:

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

Interview Time

Vermont Service Center

RFE(s) :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Elijah

Congrats Elijah - keep your hopes high, no need to be nervous. From talking to other people, it does help you being there personally.

Good luck and keep us posted on the progress, interview experience etc.

CSC -

10-27-2007 Sent I-130 Next day delivery

01-21-2008 Received NA01

03-27-2008 I-130 Approved

NVC -

03-31-2008 Received and Case# assigned

06-19-2008 Case complete, interview scheduled for Aug 29th '08

Timeline

Thanks SKY2 and fason, Really i am so up set i called them today again It was their reply, Certainly they are unable to tell me if the police certificate was in the packet or not because they have forwarded the whole packet to Islamabad on 9th june.

The only way they can find out is to have it investigated which would take about an extra month or so. They would take us out of our place In line to do it. so i refused them i assured them that my wife would get a duplicate one .

My wife got the police certificate in may 2008 ,how it can be expired? Common sense does not accept it.The only thing that alerts the mind is that they did not sort out the documents properly.

Thanx god last day my wife got an duplicate copy.

Thanx buddy for the valuable suggestion for the duplicate.

zorro khan

Timeline

Thanks Fason and everyone for your best wishes,

It's exciting times:)

Elijah

Hi Everyone,

Elijah

Congrats Elijah - keep your hopes high, no need to be nervous. From talking to other people, it does help you being there personally.

Good luck and keep us posted on the progress, interview experience etc.

Filed: Timeline

NVC recieved my ds-230 with documents last friday and entered it in the system on the 10 of june. I called today and the message said I had documents missing or incomplete :angry: . I called NVC right away and the woman told me that the case is complete as we speak :dance: . Wierd how they give you that message that is not true. I asked her about when should I expect a interview date and she said probably we are looking at the middle of August sometime. We shall see :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.