aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys,

Can someone explain to me the process when the approved case reaches NVC? I know i am a bit early right now but i just wanted to understand it because i believe Islamabad changed their process right? So does NVC schedule the interview for Islamabad now? How does all that work?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I also got the interview date for my wife's visa, last week of July. Case was completed on May 15, 2008.

Congratulations Sky2k in your interview date :dance:

Did you call NVC to find this out or what? Do you think it is to early for me to call and find out??

I can't wait for our interview date and looks like ours won't be till around Aug. since yours will be the last week of July?

Anywho..........Big Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline

Yes, you should call NVC, and check the automated system. If the system says that your case is forwarded to embassy, talk to operator and get your interview day.

Good luck and keep us updated!

I also got the interview date for my wife's visa, last week of July. Case was completed on May 15, 2008.

Congratulations Sky2k in your interview date :dance:

Did you call NVC to find this out or what? Do you think it is to early for me to call and find out??

I can't wait for our interview date and looks like ours won't be till around Aug. since yours will be the last week of July?

Anywho..........Big Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

Aisha

Timeline

Yes, starting this year Feburary, NVC schedules the interview for CR1 visa for Islamabad embassy K3 is still getting the interview date in Islamabad after the final processing of paper. This process is saving so much time for CR1 that K3 and CR1 are almost taking the same time to process. Plus, you're at VSC you would get your CR1 approved prior to K3 because VSC is very slow in processing K3.

I hope this helps.

Hi guys,

Can someone explain to me the process when the approved case reaches NVC? I know i am a bit early right now but i just wanted to understand it because i believe Islamabad changed their process right? So does NVC schedule the interview for Islamabad now? How does all that work?

Timeline

Hi Sky2k,

Your answer did help but it made me think of another question now. The only reason i filed the K3 is because Islamabad was really backlogged in gettin the CR1 interviews scheduled. But now since NVC is handling this, i see what you mean that its saving time. So now i am thinking that since NVC is the one scheduling the interviews and its going faster then i would rather stick with CR1. The past couple of weeks VSC is starting to pick up the pace and approving both cases together. Lets say VSC approves both of petitions together and send it to NVC, what can i do if i want to only stick with the CR1?

I hope this wasnt confusing :unsure:

Yes, starting this year Feburary, NVC schedules the interview for CR1 visa for Islamabad embassy K3 is still getting the interview date in Islamabad after the final processing of paper. This process is saving so much time for CR1 that K3 and CR1 are almost taking the same time to process. Plus, you're at VSC you would get your CR1 approved prior to K3 because VSC is very slow in processing K3.

I hope this helps.

Hi guys,

Timeline

You have two options,

Option1: You can write a letter to USCIS that you want to withdraw you K3 application. Call USCIS and get more info about the fax or mailing address. Remember once you cancel K3, you can't reinstate your K3. At this time VSC is processing I-130 from Dec 07 and Jan 08.

Option2: If both cases get approved together, they will send your K3 to NVC and CR1 to NRC ( National Record Center). In this case, you would have to call USCIS to get your file pulled from the NRC and forwarded to NVC, but this would take about 4-6 weeks.

If you have a lawyer, he should do this for you.

Good luck!

Hi Sky2k,

Your answer did help but it made me think of another question now. The only reason i filed the K3 is because Islamabad was really backlogged in gettin the CR1 interviews scheduled. But now since NVC is handling this, i see what you mean that its saving time. So now i am thinking that since NVC is the one scheduling the interviews and its going faster then i would rather stick with CR1. The past couple of weeks VSC is starting to pick up the pace and approving both cases together. Lets say VSC approves both of petitions together and send it to NVC, what can i do if i want to only stick with the CR1?

I hope this wasnt confusing :unsure:

I hope this helps.

Hi guys,

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Fason75,

Thank you so much, I am waiting for them to give us an interview date. Does anyone know apporximately how long it takes between packet 3.5 to 4 packet???

Elijah

My fiance received packet 3 today :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

That is wonderful News!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Congrats Aisha/Browneyedgirl/Elijah on progresses,

please keep us posted on the interview dates and future progress. it should be a smooth ride now-:)

congrats again.

Edited by Elijah

Timeline
Hi Fason75,

Thank you so much, I am waiting for them to give us an interview date. Does anyone know apporximately how long it takes between packet 3.5 to 4 packet???

Depending on the workload, my guess is anywhere from 3-4 weeks.

Also, I wanted to share another NVC experience with you folks (especially to the ones who are in the line to use the new online payment system, new appointment post process etc.)

I was unable to send the necessary docs with the ds-230 (marriage cert, police cert etc) for my wife due to the lack of knowledge in process change at the NVC for ISL. I finally got all docs and sent them in; the NVC received the docs on the 29th of May. I was hoping to have my case complete in the next few days with the new turbo charged NVC process/staff, but as they say "nothing comes ez, especially the US visas”-:)

I called NVC on June 03 and the automated system yet again had the mind sickening message, "The NVC has reviewed your packet of information and found information missing or incomplete...."

At this point I was hoping that they didn't lose my Original papers, anyhow I got thru an Operator, (some really nice guy, couldn't catch his name) he reviews everything for 5 minutes and can't figure out what’s missing, puts me on hold, comes back after 5 minutes and tells me that I paid the IV bill fee twice and one of the payment was in "rejected" status, hence your case is being held.

I explained him the situation I had with paying the IV bill fee online over a month ago, somehow online payment screwed up and rejected my payment. I paid the fee again 3 days later which got processed, he understood the situation and told me that he is putting in a request for "them" to clear up "rejected" status and complete your case and also told me to call back at end of the week or early next week.

I am planning to call again tomorrow...and day after tomorrow and so on...

This is one of those NVC mysteries recently discovered. My IV bill was paid (on 2nd attempt) and they went along and processed the DS-230 etc etc... But when it came down to completing my case, the held my case on a "rejected" payment status over a month ago, which was later rectified by re-paying the IV bill fee.

So for those of you who paid online and had any trouble, that you were able to rectify later, please call the NVC ahead of time and explained them the situation and asked them to remove such status...

Do this ahead of time; don’t wait until your case is close to completion….

Will keep you all posted on how long it takes them to actually complete my case…

CSC -

10-27-2007 Sent I-130 Next day delivery

01-21-2008 Received NA01

03-27-2008 I-130 Approved

NVC -

03-31-2008 Received and Case# assigned

06-19-2008 Case complete, interview scheduled for Aug 29th '08

Timeline

Hi guys,

Can someone who has gone through the interview process at ISL explain how it works. My wife's interview is scheduled for 2nd week of July.

Whats in the interview package that NVC sends to the petitioner and applicant?

How long would it take for me to receive my copy here in the US?

Do they send you a list of approved doctors for physical?

What questions were asked during the interview?

I have already paid the visa fee here so would my wife have to pay anything at the embassy?

Has anybody been issued a visa on the same day as the interview, assuming no AP?

I am really hoping that she would not be put on AP, hopefully they are easy on females, she has never traveled outside of the country either so I hope that helps.

Thank you so much!

8/18/07 Sent in I-130

2/17/08 I-130 Approved

3/3/08 NVC assigns case #

3/10/08 Choice of agent and AOS bill generated

3/17/08 AOS bill received

3/19/08 NVC receives money order for AOS bill

3/17/08 Choice of agent email sent

3/21/08 Choice of agent confirmation email received

3/24/08 IV fee bill generated

3/26/08 AOS bill processed in the system

3/31/08 AOS I-864 generated

4/8/08 Received IV bill.

4/13/08 Mailed IV bill, overnight.

4/14/08 Received AOS packet

4/15/08 Mailed AOS, overnight.

4/21/08 AOS approved.

4/22/08 IV payment received.

4/28/08 DS-230 Generated

4/29/08 Mailed DS-230 docs, overnight mail. (James shortcuts)

5/6/08 CASE COMPLETE!

5/29/08 Interview scheduled for second week of July

8/1/08 VISA ISSUED!

8/8/08 POE, Chicago

Timeline

Hi Sky2k.

thanks for reply.

I called NVC at 29 May and they said CASE COMPLETE....

I don't remember my timeline i am sorry. but i remember the month we applied I-130.. it was "June 2007"

and at 29 May 2008 my Case was Complete..

i am just confuse about what to do will i get a packet 3.5 or should i call nvc and when i am suppose to send my documents and police certificates to embassy..

N-400 Naturalization

11/07/2011 - Mailed

11/15/2011 - Check Cashed

11/18/2011 - NOA Received in Mail

12/02/2011 - Biometrics Done

12/27/2011 - Yellow Letter Received

02/21/2012 - Interview Letter Recieved

03/22/2012 - Interview

05/11/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Where is you case now at NVC or ISL? Your timeline is confusing me. You timeline says you received packet 3 on 12-05-2007, is that correct?

Hi Sky2k.

thanks for reply.

I called NVC at 29 May and they said CASE COMPLETE....

I don't remember my timeline i am sorry. but i remember the month we applied I-130.. it was "June 2007"

and at 29 May 2008 my Case was Complete..

i am just confuse about what to do will i get a packet 3.5 or should i call nvc and when i am suppose to send my documents and police certificates to embassy..

Edited by Sky2k

Timeline

Hi,

No I didn't hear about that, but i called them last night from work, and the visa section was already closed, so they told me to call back tomorrow, so I am guessing they are still running:)

Elijah

I am hearing rumors that US embassy in Islamabad was closed until further notice due to BLAST in front of Denmark Embassy. Anybody heard the samething????

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi,

No I didn't hear about that, but i called them last night from work, and the visa section was already closed, so they told me to call back tomorrow, so I am guessing they are still running:)

Elijah

I am hearing rumors that US embassy in Islamabad was closed until further notice due to BLAST in front of Denmark Embassy. Anybody heard the samething????

Hi Elijah,

Keep us posted when you get your Packet 4 and interview date. I also sent back packet 3.5 on June 2. The people in American Express told my fiancee to wait for 2 weeks before she gets the packet 4.

Asif

Timeline

OMG...........we are so ready to hear of an interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question???

I plan to send my husband our whole petition>>from USCIS to NVC papers.......along with other supporting stuff. Any other suggestions that I should send to him, once we have an interview date set??

I wonder how long AP will be for him? This process takes forever and we are ready to be together again...... :ranting:

Who is waiting for an interview date, since Case Complete in May?

Aisha :clock:

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.