aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I will appreciate if somebody can help me with Question 7 in I-134 where it is asked "I derive an annual income of:" Is it asking for the last year annual income or the current year estimated ANNUAL income????

Well, i am also confused with what should i put for my Job Title and my company name. I am currently working two jobs and both are Temp to Perm and they are through agency. For Instance I am working for company Motorola but i get paid through my Agency. So, my agency is paying me and the paycheck shows the name of my agency. As it is the requirement to attach the pay stubs with I-134 application, i don't want to fall in discrepancies issue. I am not sure how to handle this whether i go ahead and use the agency name or the name of the company where i work.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi Gohar, Rabia, Mary & Mian

I guess I'm in the same boat as you guys are in, yesterday i went through a interview process in Islamabad and had a bad experience which i didn't thought off. It start with waiting inside from 8:00 am till 9:00 am when i was called first by a desi guy who asked me who is my petitioner which i told him my wife and then he asked the affidavit is given by who and i told him its my father-in-law. He ask that where is my daughter as her name is in the interview letter and i told you that she is already a US citizen since she was born and her name was in the dependent in all my forms so he said that do you have a passport copy and i said yes i do, then he told me to pay $131 and take a seat.

Second time i was called around 9:35 by a desi Lady saying to give her my medical report and if i have my daughters naturalization Certificate which was issued by them in Karachi as Birth Aboard Record, I said yes i have the original and photocopy with me so she said to show the consular at the time of interview and now you can take a seat.

Third time i was called by a gora guy who was right behind me in the window number 2 who was mostly calling female to interview and he knew both languages English and Urdu cuz i heard him interviewing two ladies in urdu and he was perfect in that but anyway my bad lucky that i was called by him and he said hi and would u like to give interview in english or urdu and i said i don't mind english or urdu as long as you are comfortable in Urdu and he laugh and said to honest, english would be excellent for me i said ok.

So questions were.

1. Who is my petitioner? I told him my wife name

2. Where she lives? I told him the state and city and now she is with me to help in packing up stuff and we will go together.

3. Is you daughter been issued a passport? I said yes from US Consulate in Karachi and i have the birth Aboard certificate and he said can i see that so i

showed him that.

4. Third question was you have travelled alot around the world plus dubai, china and to US too like 8 to 9 times and i guess all your visits were for 2

week to one month max right? I said yes.

5. Can i see you old passport? I showed him from the first passport i got made with a US visa on it which i got in 1986 and he checked something in

computer and came to the first page of the passport and smiled and said is that you and i smiled back and said yes its me pretty old picture of me.

After that i don't know what happen to him and he said congratulation you have got the visa but we need to do some further AP (Admistrative Processing) on your case which will be done in 4 to 6 week and then in Urdu he said Jaldi ho jayi ga and not to worry and gave me this blue A4 size paper with a 2 white tokens, one attached to my passport and other was with this white form where are american express located.

He returned me all my original documents they kept, submitted with 3.5 pack and photo's too. He also returned all my passports and he didn't see or ask for anything, no current police report, no new photo, no DS 230 part II, nothing at all and said i'm returning you your passport and if you want to travel you can for business trip or whatever and when AP is done we will give you a call on your cell phone to drop your passport at American Express in karachi with this 2 tokens and blue paper and we will return your passport back in two weeks with a visa.

I have no clue why, as i have travelled to US like anything and came back on time every time. Bad luck over here is this that I recently got done 4 month of AP on my visit visa which clearly indicates (Clearance received , dated from Washington D.C )in bold letters which i got in 2006 and visa is still valid till 2011 Feb.

Thing is if i wanted to go to US i would've gone on visit visa and applied it from there but when you think of doing the right thing or apply for a proper process and go through that they make your life hell. Its been 15 months and now on AP.

Any advice or anything you guys wanna add to this do please. but one thing i wanna say here is who ever is traveling to Dubai don't or else wellcome to dark whole of AP/AR.

inshAllah you will recieve your visa soon... must b a torture! Allah rubul izat has a fixed time for everythin' when it comes, u will receive it which will b soon inshAllah

luckz to you and ur wife

INSHALLAH i will i know and i'm not disappointed to what happened to me cuz when i see you people sitting there without your families for so long, my waiting is nothing infront of that, though my family is with me and my life is running the way it was before cuz i knew this will happen and thats why i didn't pack up at all. But the question is why can't americans think the way it should be that they had two months after giving me the interview letter and they could've done the AP/AR before and this is the reason i tried to avoid the I-130 cuz i found out that it will take more time but my bad luck, avoid I-130 got me stuck in I-129F as both of my application were approved. Anyway I hope for the best and wish u all best of lucky and just be cool and have fun instead of thinking when AP will be done.

"If you go more after something, the more it goes away" Means don't call DOS or ask for AP. It will take it's time.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey Saqib,

The guy that interviewed my fiance for the visa told her the exact same thing! Congratulations, visa is approved and you will receive it and the pakistani lady siad you will receive the visa within 6 wks! well GUESS WHAT???? today is 6 WEEKS from the interview and NOTHING!!! NO VISA!!! I call DOS every week on thursday to get an update and they say "I'm sorry, case is in AP". I say, "Thanks, have a great day!". Then i'm sad all day on thursday!!! This is a routine for me, i look forward to Thursday every week! Her interview was 25 of March and the AP started on 27 of March. So, it seems to take about 2 days to have the case transferred back to US, DOS.

My faince's mother and father both have Green Cards, both will be US Citizen's in the next 9months or so, 1 sister is a US Citizen, 1 sister has a Green Card and yet my fiance is in AP.

These embassies people are idiots for doing what they do!! dont they know that any terrorist cna come over the mexican border??? I mean come on!!!! Anyways, best of luck to both of us and the rest on AP! Soon it shall all be over!!

gohar

Well bro you just have to hang in there and you have to admit that these are american who cant think one step forward or else america would be a safe country to live in and these checks mean nothing, what needs to happen will happen no matter what security measure they take.

As far as you fiance family is concern having green card, yaar my whole family is US citizen since last 35 years. My brother is US citizen my two sisters are US citizen and i'm the only Idiot hahhahah got stuck here in Pakiland due to Family Business or else i would've been there way before. But anyways

my point here is not to make you or any one sad just relax like i said and have faith in ALLAH and be with your fiance whenever she need you. They can't stop anyone from being reunited thats what i believe no matter how strong they are.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

INSHALLAH i will i know and i'm not disappointed to what happened to me cuz when i see you people sitting there without your families for so long, my waiting is nothing infront of that, though my family is with me and my life is running the way it was before cuz i knew this will happen and thats why i didn't pack up at all. But the question is why can't americans think the way it should be that they had two months after giving me the interview letter and they could've done the AP/AR before and this is the reason i tried to avoid the I-130 cuz i found out that it will take more time but my bad luck, avoid I-130 got me stuck in I-129F as both of my application were approved. Anyway I hope for the best and wish u all best of lucky and just be cool and have fun instead of thinking when AP will be done.

"If you go more after something, the more it goes away" Means don't call DOS or ask for AP. It will take it's time.

Hey Saqib,

I dont think thats not true at all! When I called DOS they specifically told me to call once a week to check up on my case! She said its not a problem at all for us to look it up and that they are more than happy to do it! I don't believe calling DOS will lengthen the AP process!

just from what I have personally gathered from talking with DOS

Just my 2 cents!

gohar

Edited by GoharRabia

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Gohar,

my fiance's whole family is american, uncles and aunts.. guess what he z still on AP..

well lets b optimistic, the wait ++++ to the patience and the value of ur luved one=)

Hey Saqib,

The guy that interviewed my fiance for the visa told her the exact same thing! Congratulations, visa is approved and you will receive it and the pakistani lady siad you will receive the visa within 6 wks! well GUESS WHAT???? today is 6 WEEKS from the interview and NOTHING!!! NO VISA!!! I call DOS every week on thursday to get an update and they say "I'm sorry, case is in AP". I say, "Thanks, have a great day!". Then i'm sad all day on thursday!!! This is a routine for me, i look forward to Thursday every week! Her interview was 25 of March and the AP started on 27 of March. So, it seems to take about 2 days to have the case transferred back to US, DOS.

My faince's mother and father both have Green Cards, both will be US Citizen's in the next 9months or so, 1 sister is a US Citizen, 1 sister has a Green Card and yet my fiance is in AP.

These embassies people are idiots for doing what they do!! dont they know that any terrorist cna come over the mexican border??? I mean come on!!!! Anyways, best of luck to both of us and the rest on AP! Soon it shall all be over!!

gohar

Hi Gohar, Rabia, Mary & Mian

I guess I'm in the same boat as you guys are in, yesterday i went through a interview process in Islamabad and had a bad experience which i didn't thought off. It start with waiting inside from 8:00 am till 9:00 am when i was called first by a desi guy who asked me who is my petitioner which i told him my wife and then he asked the affidavit is given by who and i told him its my father-in-law. He ask that where is my daughter as her name is in the interview letter and i told you that she is already a US citizen since she was born and her name was in the dependent in all my forms so he said that do you have a passport copy and i said yes i do, then he told me to pay $131 and take a seat.

Second time i was called around 9:35 by a desi Lady saying to give her my medical report and if i have my daughters naturalization Certificate which was issued by them in Karachi as Birth Aboard Record, I said yes i have the original and photocopy with me so she said to show the consular at the time of interview and now you can take a seat.

Third time i was called by a gora guy who was right behind me in the window number 2 who was mostly calling female to interview and he knew both languages English and Urdu cuz i heard him interviewing two ladies in urdu and he was perfect in that but anyway my bad lucky that i was called by him and he said hi and would u like to give interview in english or urdu and i said i don't mind english or urdu as long as you are comfortable in Urdu and he laugh and said to honest, english would be excellent for me i said ok.

So questions were.

1. Who is my petitioner? I told him my wife name

2. Where she lives? I told him the state and city and now she is with me to help in packing up stuff and we will go together.

3. Is you daughter been issued a passport? I said yes from US Consulate in Karachi and i have the birth Aboard certificate and he said can i see that so i

showed him that.

4. Third question was you have travelled alot around the world plus dubai, china and to US too like 8 to 9 times and i guess all your visits were for 2

week to one month max right? I said yes.

5. Can i see you old passport? I showed him from the first passport i got made with a US visa on it which i got in 1986 and he checked something in

computer and came to the first page of the passport and smiled and said is that you and i smiled back and said yes its me pretty old picture of me.

After that i don't know what happen to him and he said congratulation you have got the visa but we need to do some further AP (Admistrative Processing) on your case which will be done in 4 to 6 week and then in Urdu he said Jaldi ho jayi ga and not to worry and gave me this blue A4 size paper with a 2 white tokens, one attached to my passport and other was with this white form where are american express located.

He returned me all my original documents they kept, submitted with 3.5 pack and photo's too. He also returned all my passports and he didn't see or ask for anything, no current police report, no new photo, no DS 230 part II, nothing at all and said i'm returning you your passport and if you want to travel you can for business trip or whatever and when AP is done we will give you a call on your cell phone to drop your passport at American Express in karachi with this 2 tokens and blue paper and we will return your passport back in two weeks with a visa.

I have no clue why, as i have travelled to US like anything and came back on time every time. Bad luck over here is this that I recently got done 4 month of AP on my visit visa which clearly indicates (Clearance received , dated from Washington D.C )in bold letters which i got in 2006 and visa is still valid till 2011 Feb.

Thing is if i wanted to go to US i would've gone on visit visa and applied it from there but when you think of doing the right thing or apply for a proper process and go through that they make your life hell. Its been 15 months and now on AP.

Any advice or anything you guys wanna add to this do please. but one thing i wanna say here is who ever is traveling to Dubai don't or else wellcome to dark whole of AP/AR.

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Your current income is derive an annual income. This could be proven by the letter from your employer stating that MISS ANA annual salary is $ 50,000. Also, the consulting company you're working for is your employer. So, have the consulting company issue a letter and write their name as your employer not the client you're working for at this time.

I will appreciate if somebody can help me with Question 7 in I-134 where it is asked "I derive an annual income of:" Is it asking for the last year annual income or the current year estimated ANNUAL income????

Well, i am also confused with what should i put for my Job Title and my company name. I am currently working two jobs and both are Temp to Perm and they are through agency. For Instance I am working for company Motorola but i get paid through my Agency. So, my agency is paying me and the paycheck shows the name of my agency. As it is the requirement to attach the pay stubs with I-134 application, i don't want to fall in discrepancies issue. I am not sure how to handle this whether i go ahead and use the agency name or the name of the company where i work.

Edited by Sky2k

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Your current income is derive an annual income. This could be proven by the letter from your employer stating that MISS ANA annual salary is $ 50,000. Also, the consulting company you're working for is your employer. So, have the consulting company issue a letter and write their name as your employer not the client you're working for at this time.

Thanks Sky2k.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello ANA,

First of, why are you filling out the I-134 form? hasn't this been replaced by the I-864 form? also the I-134 forms on USCIS site have an expiration date of 4/30/07.

Question 7 in I-134 refers to your annual current income. This could be your current salary per year Or if you are on hourly basis, it would $$/hr TIMES the number of hours you work (lets say 40) TIMES 52 weeks (weeks in a year)

You should list the company as your employeer where your paycheck comes from. You are techinically employeed by them regardless of where you work as temp. I have never come across this sitution where there are two jobs invloved. My educated guess will be to list the job which pays more, after all AOS form determines your financial sitution and your beneficary as not being a burden to tax money. Unless you think adding the other job helps you meet the requirements (for poverty line) there is no reason to include the 2nd job.

Keep everything as simple as possible.

CSC -

10-27-2007 Sent I-130 Next day delivery

01-21-2008 Received NA01

03-27-2008 I-130 Approved

NVC -

03-31-2008 Received and Case# assigned

06-19-2008 Case complete, interview scheduled for Aug 29th '08

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

this whole process sounds very strange now. From my conversation with the NVC operator, it is confirmed that the supporting documents must be submitted with DS-230 and the NVC will now complete the "entire process" as oppose to ISL.

What happens next and what’s changed in the process after the NVC completes the "entire process" is still in the air. I would really like to see someone's feedback who sent in their DS-230 in late Feb 08 or March 08. By being ahead of us they could verify what really happens once the case is complete here at NVC. I just don’t see how NVC (DS-230) and then ISL (Packet 3.5) can ask for same "original" documents twice.

Here are some useful links on VJ forum. (can't find the link with similar situation for Moscow Embassy)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;pid=1657350

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1657027

thx

F -

My husband just sent out all of the documents along with the DS230 today, so I should have them in a few days.

I hate that NVC wants to change every few months the process for this visa stuff. It gets a bit confusing with all the changes and what documents they want and stuff.

I also read somewhere......that as a Petitioner, they are wanting our orignal BC as well?? Has anyone else heard of this just in the past few weeks?? I mean we sent them a copy of that with our I-130, so just curious. I will see where I read that at and post back.

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
My husband just sent out all of the documents along with the DS230 today, so I should have them in a few days.

I hate that NVC wants to change every few months the process for this visa stuff. It gets a bit confusing with all the changes and what documents they want and stuff.

I also read somewhere......that as a Petitioner, they are wanting our orignal BC as well?? Has anyone else heard of this just in the past few weeks?? I mean we sent them a copy of that with our I-130, so just curious. I will see where I read that at and post back.

Aisha

In all honesty, I think this is a positive change, the way it looks, your husband may have his interview scheduled within 2 months. From what I remember in my sister's case, it was transferred to ISL on Oct. 11 2007, but the actual interview didn't happen until the 12th of Feb 2008 (5 months). There were no delays at all from her husband (For packet 3.5 docs etc).

I will be very surprised if NVC asks for original BC for the petitioner at this stage, the times any supporting docs are required for petitioner are when you submit I-130 and AOS. DS-230 process is simply for visa applicant (your beneficiary)

thx

F -

CSC -

10-27-2007 Sent I-130 Next day delivery

01-21-2008 Received NA01

03-27-2008 I-130 Approved

NVC -

03-31-2008 Received and Case# assigned

06-19-2008 Case complete, interview scheduled for Aug 29th '08

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The new process does seem like a very postive change, but with all the changes that NVC has put into place........they could at least update the site ( trave. state. gov). I think that would help out alot of newbies......including some of us that have been going through this for awhile. at least that is my 2 cents worth on it :)

Question????

IF one needed to send something to USA from Pakistan, what is the fastest service besides FedEx and DHL??

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.