aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called DOS today and they said that as of today Islamabad Embassy as issued the visa, I called twice just to confirm and got the same reply.

I will hold off on celbrating just yet until my wife gets her visa in hand.

Anybody know approx how long it takes after this that my wife get the physical visa?

Congratulations khurram!! Your wife will have visa in hand very soon!!

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Congratulations khurram!! Your wife will have visa in hand very soon!!

Thanks, Appreciate the prayers!

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm reading your timelines and I'm so confused. Everyone who has immigrated has told me that basically, you get a letter from the embassy that says when your interview is and a list of dr's that are approved, you have this time before your interview to get your paperwork and med stuff together. When you go to your interview you find out right then and there if you're approved. The way it was described was...they tell you leave your passport and pick it up the next day with your visa.....is this accurate???

Timeline
I'm reading your timelines and I'm so confused. Everyone who has immigrated has told me that basically, you get a letter from the embassy that says when your interview is and a list of dr's that are approved, you have this time before your interview to get your paperwork and med stuff together. When you go to your interview you find out right then and there if you're approved. The way it was described was...they tell you leave your passport and pick it up the next day with your visa.....is this accurate???

The first part is right ... you do get a letter that lists doctors to get medical done and interview date. However, you only get an idea on the day of interview whether you need to go through AR/AP. If they don't put you on AR/AP than you generally get the visa in ten days, if your application requires AR/AP than it can be a longer painful wait. I haven't seen next day visas lately.

Timeline

The first part is right ... you do get a letter that lists doctors to get medical done and interview date. However, you only get an idea on the day of interview whether you need to go through AR/AP. If they don't put you on AR/AP than you generally get the visa in ten days, if your application requires AR/AP than it can be a longer painful wait. I haven't seen next day visas lately.

what is ar/ap? any idea who has to get something like that......any idea how long it takes to get the interview letter from when the stuff leaves the states? You can't call the embassy anymore, they say you have to email or fax.....yeah right!

Timeline

what is ar/ap? any idea who has to get something like that......any idea how long it takes to get the interview letter from when the stuff leaves the states? You can't call the embassy anymore, they say you have to email or fax.....yeah right!

Administrative Review/Processing. Generally requires additional background checks and seems to create a longer waiting time (especially for males).

After NVC completes processing and sends file to Islamabad embassy, it usually takes them two/three weeks to process the information and send further notification to the beneficiary.

Timeline

salam...

Thank you everyone sooooooo much... :yes:

He's on his way to the police station, I hope they dont give him a hard time...

CONGRATS KHURRAM AND SCARLETHAWK!!!!!!!! I hope the best for both of you, AMEEN.

`Ayk shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ayk sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar ...`(Insha'Allah, Ameen)

Timeline

looooooooool... thaaaaaaaaaaankssssssssss!! (no offense taken!).. And i wish you the best of luck!

*Asalam-Alaikum(ww)*,

ALHUMDOLILLAH ALHUMDOLILLAH ALHUMDOLILLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband got a call from the embassy yesterday, they said they isued him a visa, all they need is New police certificate becuz his old one expired... all he has to do is submit hi certificate and come pick up his passport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I am so happppppppppy, masha'Allah, Alhumdolillah.

I wish all of you the best of luck... insha'Allah. May you all hear the good news SOON, insha'Allah Ameen!!!!

Congratulations to you and your husband! "Woo sham bus anay he wali he unko apne sath le kar!!" Lol!! Please don't mind! I am very happy for you! Best of luck to both of you!! :thumbs:

`Ayk shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ayk sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar ...`(Insha'Allah, Ameen)

Timeline

congrats to all of you who are almost done!!!! I'm so happy for you guys.

I'm sorry, but this is all bullshit..I'd truly like to know how many stupid terrorists the U.S. by putting people through all this....and the paperwork , COMEON...it DOES NOT take this long for data entry!!!!

Timeline
CONGRATS KHURRAM AND SCARLETHAWK!!!!!!!! I hope the best for both of you, AMEEN.

Thanks!!!

***I-130***

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 AP starts

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi XStrangerX2007,

CONGRATULATIONS your husband got visa and a happy reunion.

Dear Khurram,

I am so happy to hear that your wife got visa its a long wait for u especially regarding females but once the visa in hand the past becomes a happy reminiscent. For me it just took four days to receive visa from the issuance date hope your wife soon get visa. My advance CONGRATULATIONS to you both and a happy reunion.

I went to driving licence office yesterday and was told as my passport had ninety days entry so until your passport dont show u can stay in usa for one year i am not eligible for the driving test. I am in a state of tennessee and without a driving licence its difficult to get a job. So what can be done to show them i can stay in usa for year because to get green card possibily will take time, so need your precious consents.

Thanks

GOD bless us all

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi XStrangerX2007,

CONGRATULATIONS your husband got visa and a happy reunion.

Dear Khurram,

I am so happy to hear that your wife got visa its a long wait for u especially regarding females but once the visa in hand the past becomes a happy reminiscent. For me it just took four days to receive visa from the issuance date hope your wife soon get visa. My advance CONGRATULATIONS to you both and a happy reunion.

I went to driving licence office yesterday and was told as my passport had ninety days entry so until your passport dont show u can stay in usa for one year i am not eligible for the driving test. I am in a state of tennessee and without a driving licence its difficult to get a job. So what can be done to show them i can stay in usa for year because to get green card possibily will take time, so need your precious consents.

Thanks

GOD bless us all

Did you file for AOS, if you got recipt, you can show that, I think this will work. Do you have international license, you can drive for a year on that as well, and then apply for Driver License once you get GC.

Timeline
Dear Khurram,

Thanks a lot!!!

***I-130***

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 AP starts

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.