aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Need some help, silly question. I am filing out the paper work for AOS, and I am confused how do I know what is the visa number on the K-3 visa stamp? is it the control number? and what is I-94 number, is it the one officer writes or the departure number? Thanks.

normal_visa_after_entry.jpg

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Need some help, silly question. I am filing out the paper work for AOS, and I am confused how do I know what is the visa number on the K-3 visa stamp? is it the control number? and what is I-94 number, is it the one officer writes or the departure number? Thanks.

normal_visa_after_entry.jpg

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sallam everybody!

I just found out about this thread from another post I had in the "Asian: South." I am in the process of getting my fiancee here on a Fiancee Visa, I am still waiting on approval from the US side, haven't recieved the NOA2 yet, hope to have it by the end of the month but thats even pushing it!

I am going to Lahore this December and was hoping she would be able to come back with me on Jan. 5 when I leave Lahore. Is this even possible?

Her sister got her Visa Stamped on her passport and everything in about 6months, this was about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. But with everything going on in our country not sure how this will pan out for me!

Any information you all have would be great!!!

Thanks!!!!

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Sallam everybody!

I just found out about this thread from another post I had in the "Asian: South." I am in the process of getting my fiancee here on a Fiancee Visa, I am still waiting on approval from the US side, haven't recieved the NOA2 yet, hope to have it by the end of the month but thats even pushing it!

I am going to Lahore this December and was hoping she would be able to come back with me on Jan. 5 when I leave Lahore. Is this even possible?

Her sister got her Visa Stamped on her passport and everything in about 6months, this was about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. But with everything going on in our country not sure how this will pan out for me!

Thanks!!!!

Welcome to theISB forum. I am not sure if your case has been approved because your timeline says approved, but you are saying that you are still waiting?? Anyway, from what I have learned on this forum, the wait time for K1 and K3 interview in Islamabad is about 4 montsh(maximum), so let us say that file your fiance's file reaches Isb on Oct 1, then her interview is probably going to be in Jan 2008, but then, they can also put you on Admin Processing after the interview and that could take from few weeks to couple of months. Yes, I am sorry. I don't like this waitng game either, but there is nothing we can do about it. Good luck to you! Regards, kim!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Sallam everybody!

Thanks!!!!

Welcome to theISB forum. I am not sure if your case has been approved because your timeline says approved, but you are saying that you are still waiting?? Anyway, from what I have learned on this forum, the wait time for K1 and K3 interview in Islamabad is about 4 montsh(maximum), so let us say that file your fiance's file reaches Isb on Oct 1, then her interview is probably going to be in Jan 2008, but then, they can also put you on Admin Processing after the interview and that could take from few weeks to couple of months. Yes, I am sorry. I don't like this waitng game either, but there is nothing we can do about it. Good luck to you! Regards, kim!!

yeah, my signature was a bit confusing so I changed it! I am still waiting for my NOA2. 4 months seems to be pretty extreme!!! its going to suck to go to Pakistan in hopes of her coming back with me but then coming back alone! Why would they put the file on Admin Processing?? Just to look over the file some more?? Are most cases taking about 4 months? or are some going a bit faster?? Is there ANY way to expedite this??? Any additional fees I could pay or anything??

What kinda things can I go ahead and prepare here on my end that she will need?

Thanks a lot for your help Kim!!!

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Wanted to add my 2 cents worth for people on "Admin Processing" ... about 2 months back I attended a community meeting with the FBI setup by the Hartford, CT Pakistani community. During the Q&A session, the FBI agent specifially mentioned that often the USCIS will delay cases on "name check" by saying that they're waiting on the FBI. According to her, the FBI processes all requests within a couple of days and they aren't the reason for the holdup. Doesn't really help in finding out where the delay is, but you can eliminate one agency.

Shahab

07/05/2005 - INTERVIEW DATE JULY 25 @ ISB Embassy

07/25/2005 - CASE COMPLETE-VISA RECEIVED

08/10/2005 - Wife arrives in US

07/05/2007 - Mailed I-751 to NSC via USPS Express Mail

07/09/2007 - Mailed signed copy of I-751 to NSC via USPS 1st class mail

07/14/2007 - Received rejection letter due to not signing original I-751

07/25/2007 - Original application packet and signed copy of I-751 sent on 7/05 returned by the CSC

07/26/2007 - Mailed back the original application packet after signing it via USPS Express Mail

08/06/2007 - Money order cashed by USCIS

08/09/2007 - Receive I-797C Notice of Action with Receipt #

08/25/2007 - Receive Biometrics appt: Sept 7th, 2007

09/07/2007 - Fingerprints and photos taken at Naperville ASC

10/29/2007 - Card production ordered

Filed: Timeline
Wanted to add my 2 cents worth for people on "Admin Processing" ... about 2 months back I attended a community meeting with the FBI setup by the Hartford, CT Pakistani community. During the Q&A session, the FBI agent specifially mentioned that often the USCIS will delay cases on "name check" by saying that they're waiting on the FBI. According to her, the FBI processes all requests within a couple of days and they aren't the reason for the holdup. Doesn't really help in finding out where the delay is, but you can eliminate one agency.

Shahab

The long delays r actually after interview and so many agencies do a name check ys fbi is pretty fast

Sallam everybody!

Thanks!!!!

yeah, my signature was a bit confusing so I changed it! I am still waiting for my NOA2. 4 months seems to be pretty extreme!!! its going to suck to go to Pakistan in hopes of her coming back with me but then coming back alone! Why would they put the file on Admin Processing?? Just to look over the file some more?? Are most cases taking about 4 months? or are some going a bit faster?? Is there ANY way to expedite this??? Any additional fees I could pay or anything??

Unless there is an extreme emergency, they will probably not do the expdiate processing. By the way, For CR1/IR1, the waitning time is 6 months. Somebody was telling us on the forum(Probably Ms. Mary) couple of weeks ago that they just added two more security checks in which they are checking if the applicant or a family member of the applicant(Father or Mother) is giving funds to some terrorist organization.

Please check below. This has been posted here on this Website before.

SECURITY NAME CHECKS

AND ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW*

I. SECURITY NAME CHECKS (ALSO CALLED BACKGROUND CHECKS)

For public safety & welfare and national security reasons, all visa petitions under current regulation and procedure are placed through security name checks at three (3) locations: 1. USCIS office, 2. National Visa Center (NVC) and 3. the U.S. Consulate where the visa is ultimately issued.

There can be not one but several levels of security checking: There is an initial security name check done rountinely on all in-coming petitions. If the results produce a "lookout hit" or "red flag hit", the petition is placed in line for additional more intensive customized security screening, which could include a request for full fingerprints and which obviously has the undesirable effect of extending processing time for adjudication. While security checking is widely focused on the visa beneficiary, petitioners and even attorneys and consultants involved in a case are subject to security screening.

A Lookout Hit or Red Flag Hit can be generated on a visa petition, among other reasons, for any the following:

*Past arrest record

*Past criminal conviction record

*Past firearms record

*Past record of domestic violence or sexual offenses

*Past fingerprint record with any law enforcement agency

*Past visa or immigration history

*Watch List or Pending Charges "Hit": Petitioner or Beneficiary is currently on watch list or wanted on pending charges with any law enforcement or other government agency, (local, state, federal, FBI, INTERPOL, Homeland Security, State Department designated terrorist group list)

*Common or Similar Last Name with others in the database who have

past arrest or conviction records (sometimes called a "False Hit")

Under post 09-11 legislation such as USA Patriot Act, Border Security Act and Intelligence Reform Act, our Immigration Service, the Consulates, and Customs and Border Protection, have worked to significantly upgrade their technological capabilites, increase inter-agency data-sharing and coordinate investigative activities. The current policy directive is "zero tolerance" policy for security issues. The on-going U.S.Visit program is one example. Another important example is the implementation of a critical software upgrade which effectively links up Immigration and Consular databases with many local law enforcement data bases and the FBI criminal database.

Obviously, any security name check is only as good as the accuracy and completeness of the database upon which the check the done. Here is a sample of the principal databases upon which an immigration and consular security check can be done currently:

*NCIC (National Crime Information Center)(also called FBI criminal database)

*IBIS (Interagency Border Inspection System)

[Click Here for More Information on Security Checks with IBIS.]

*NIIS (Non-Immigrant Information System)

*CLASS (Consular Lookout and Support System)(This name-check database

in particular has been greatly expanded, now storing up to 18 million records.)

*CCD ( Consular Consolidated Date Base)(Stores 75 million records of past visa applications and outcomes)

*TIPOFF (Classified DOS Bureau of Intelligence database)

*NAILS (National Automated Immigration Lookout System)

*TECS II (Treasury Enforcement and Communucation System)

*TSC and TTIC databases (DOS Terrorist Screening system)

At USCIS (Homeland Security Department) stage, currently, NCIC, IBIS and NIIS database checks are done, with the option, if warranted, to do additional database checks.

At National Visa Center (State Department) stage, a separate independent NCIC database check is done by in-house FBI staff in connection with information supplied in the DS-230. Based on results, NVC has the option to request full fingerprints to be taken at post. NVC checks can usually be completed in 24 hours. In some limited cases involving high-risk visa applicants meeting certain specific criteria, NVC also does Security Advisory Opinions (SOAs) before sending the file to Consular Post.

At Consular stage, there are three (3) Visa Security name checks done: CONDOR, MANTIS AND MORE ANOTHER NCIC (via CLASS)

[Consulate has option, if warranted, to run full gamut of checks, such as CCD (past visa applications & results), TIPOFF (DOS Bureau of Intelligence), NAILS (Nat'l Automated Immigration Lookout System), TECS II (Treasury Dept. database), TSC & TTIC (DOS Terrorist screening)].

CONDOR refers to a check done mostly of information supplied on Form DS-157, and focuses on visa applicants with a potential terrorist, firearms or weapons background. CONDOR in most cases should be completed in 90 days or less. If not, contact the VO Public Inquiry line at Tel: 202-663-1225 or mailto:%20usvisa@state.gov

MANTIS refers to when potentially sensitive technologies might be used by the visa applicant in her visit to the U.S. If the visa applicant might employ a "critical-fields" technology in the U.S. which could have a "dual-use" such military or national security application, this check will be done to screen out a high-risk applicant. Most MANTIS checks can be done in 30 days. If not, contact the SAO Problem Resolution Unit at mailto:%20saoinquiries@state.gov.

NCIC (via CLASS) refers to the name check procedure done by the Consulate with the NCIC criminal database at FBI. This procedure screens visa applicants by name to see if there is a "hit" with the criminal database: that is, a person in the criminal database has the same or very similar name to the visa applicant.

"False Hits" Problem: Consular posts however have recently been inundated with "false hits" from 7 million new names added to the NCIC database, including persons with convictions for minor offenses such as simple DUIs and shoplifting. Many visa applicants with common names with those in the database get a "false hit": the refers to when a visa applicant's name matches a name in the datebase but is NOT actually that same person in the database, just a person with a common or very similar name. This places the case into what is called "Administrative Review". Under current rules, the Consulate is required in this circumstance to receive full clearance from FBI (via the NVC) before Consulate can issue the visa. It may require a full fingerprint check and customized investigation. Full clearance from FBI (via the NVC) in most cases can take 4 to 6 weeks, but in some cases much longer and even months.

"False hits" have become a major problem for some visa applicants. There are reportedly an alarming number of false hits caused by similar or identical or very similar names, or errors, inconsistencies or discrepencies in listed names in official documents. This is true especially in countries, such as the Latin countries, where there are only a few surnames and name-similarity is common, or record-keeping accuracy in official documents is dubious. Reportedly, approximately half of all names in the NCIC database are Latino, and this has resulted in a high number of false hits for individuals with common or very similar last names at Consulates in the Latin countries. Applicants presently are not allowed the opportunity to prove that they are not the same person as that on the database, nor is there a way to initiate security checking in advance of the visa application.

Thus, the best protection for visa applicants to avoid name check problems and delays resulting from Administrative Review at the Consulates and USCIS is: providing full, accurate and truthful name information (first, last, middle, and other) in all forms and documents, timely submission of local police clearance reports and promptly complying with any request for full fingerprints.

*SPECIAL NOTE ON EFFORTS TO AVOID OR CIRCUMVENT "FALSE HIT" BACKGROUND SECURITY CHECK*: Except in the most extra-ordinary circumstances, advance efforts to avoid or circumvent "false hit" before it happens, or complete a background security check in advance, such early submission to the Consulate of the DS-156 and DS-157 or police, arrest or fingerprint records, will probably not be fruitful. As stated by AILA: "Although attorneys have attempted to be pro-active and expedite the process by submitting copies of arrest records, final court-dispositions and attorney-initiated FBI results [and DS-156 and 157], at the initial visa application, consular officers are required to obtain fingerprints in a NCIC name check "hit". Once a post has received a response from the FBI via the National Visa Center (NVC), it may at the consular officer's discretion accept documentation from the applicant that matches the extract provided by the FBI. However, consular posts will not accept submission of all related documents in lieu of initiating required security checks and fingerprinting." See 22 CFR Section 41.105(B)(2), and "DOS Answers to AILA's Questions" (Oct. 02, 2002), published on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 02100340 (posted Oct. 03, 2002).

*SPECIAL NOTE ON NEW SOFTWARE TO EXPEDITE "FALSE HIT" CLEARANCES*: Department of State (DOS) has initiated worldwide deployment of new computer software that is expected to greatly reduced the clearance time for applicants who have been the subject of "false hits" in the visa security check process. The new software will allow posts to capture the applicant's digital fingerprints and check them electronically with the FBI's NCIC database within 24 hours. DOS has launched this new software through a pilot program at consular posts in Mexico City, and reports that the pilot program has been able to clear "false hits" in as little as same day (sometimes in one or two hours). Worldwide deployment of the new software to expected to be finalized once the Technical Communications Security Office approves the program. See "DOS Answers to AILA'S Questions" (March 23, 2006), published on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 06041060 (posted Apr. 10, 2006).

II. ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW

"Administrative Review" refers to a Consular Official placing the case "on hold" because the Visa Petitioner or Beneficiary FAILED TO PASS the security name check or background check, or because the Consulate or State Department or Homeland Security NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE some issue or matter in the case more closely. Cases placed into Administrative Review can ADD WEEKS OR EVEN MONTHS to processing time and final decision on visa issuance, typically in most cases AT LEAST 4 to 8 weeks additional time. Under current regulation, there is no right of appeal within State Department or Homeland Security for administrative review status. It is suggested that visa petitioners and beneficiaries keep track of the status of their case as best as possible, and secure, if possible, the reason or reasons their case has been placed into administrative review, which at least helps to relieve some anxiety during the waiting time.

**STATUS CHECK OF CASES IN ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW: Status Checks of cases in administrative review should first be addressed to the Consulate in question. Click Here for List of Consulates. The State Department's Office of Visa Services can also assist in status checking of cases which are unusually delayed. Tel: 202-663-1225 (Punch 1, Then 0, Avg. Wait Time Approx. 15 minutes to Speak with a Live "Visa Specialist", ET 8:30 AM to 5:00PM). E-Mail: mailto:%20usvisa@state.gov Click Here for More Information. For people who want to be active during the painful waiting period, especially if it becomes protracted, here are two suggestions: 1. Request in Writing Information from Immigration Service and the State Department under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) regarding the reason for the Administrative Delay. See: USCIS Freedom of Information Act Request. and State Department Freedom of Information Request. 2. Order the Visa Applicant's FBI record directly from the FBI and have it ready in case the Embassy requests same. See: FBI Criminal History Record.

sorry for this long post. I tried to edit my last post and it's not allowing me to do that. I should have given a link instead of pasting it. Here it is

http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/Secu...tiveReview.html

Edited by kim-786

Things like your pictures with her, proof of phone bills that you were calling her, greeting cards, emails, log of online chat, etc etc

Edited by kim-786

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi, My husband's case got to paksitan this week, we're applying for CR1. I was wondering what the the wait time for an interview and the AP is these days?? Thanks,

Sarosh

Congratulations getting this far, that is Good News. Bad News is, ISB is taking 6 months before you can have interview for IR1/CR1 category. I know its wat too long wait but thats true. I am in the same situation, my wife's case was transferred to ISB on 8/29 and she hasn't received packet 3.5 from embassy yet. I hope she will hear from them next week, Inshallah.

Wait for AP vaires from 2 weeks to months to a year or more. I hope you don't have to go through this. Good Luck and welcome to ISB Forum.

IR1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-130 Sent : 2004-04-13

I-130 NOA1 : 2004-04-30

I-130 Approved : 2005-05-31

NVC Received : 2005-06-15

Naturalized Citizenship: 2007-05-24

Sent letters to NVC and USCIS to upgrade my wife and kids petitions: 2007-05-24

Petition upgraded from F2A to IR1: 2007-06-12

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2007-06-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2007-06-19 (email)

Pay I-864 Bill: 2007-06-19 (Jame's Shortcut)

1-864 Bill Delivered in St. Louis: 2007-06-21

NVC Accepts DS-3032: 2007-06-26 (email from NVC)

IV Bill & I-864 Generated: 2007-07-02

Return Completed I-864: 2007-07/09 (Jame's Shortcut)

Received & Paid IV Bill : 2007-07-16

IV Bill entered in NVC system: 2007-07-24

DS230 Generated: 2007-07-30

Return Completed DS-230 : 2007-08-09 (Jame's Shortcut)

NVC Receives DS-230: 2007-08-13

DS-230 entered in NVC system: 2007-08-16

Case Completed at NVC: 2007-08-24

NVC Left : 2007-08-29

Consulate Received : 2007-09-12

Packet 3 Received : 2007-09-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-09-22

Packet 4 Received : 2007-10-05

Original Interview Date : 2008-04-08

New Interview Date : 2008-01-25

Visa Issued: 2008-01-25

Passport Received : 2008-01-30

US Entry : 2008-02-26

POE: JFK

Comments : I filed as a GC holder. Upgraded the same petition to IR1 in June 07.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : My I-130 was approved in 413 days.

Timeline

I am happy to announce that by the grace of Allah, my wifes K3 was approved on Sept 11th.

She should be receiving her passport by courier in 7-10 days. Sorry for the late posting, could not get to a computer as I was present with my wife at the interview. There must have been about 10 K3 girls present, of which I am personally aware that 5 were approved on that day. We were there at 7:45am

and got out by 2:00pm. The questions were basic, who petiotioned, whats his name, yada, yada. I'll write a more detailed review as I have time. My Thanks to all VJ folks here, its been a journey. Wishing all folks the best and patience.

Timeline
Anyone else has an interview scheduled for October 4th? Would be happy to meet u in person. LOL.

BTW, what time should I get there at the convention center? I think that is where u purchase the token for the bus ride. Am I correct?

Once you arrive at the actual Embassy and go inside...........is it on a first come first serve basis...........or do they go according to your name, appointment time, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Hello all!

I will be very thankful if anyone can answer this. I just recived the AOS bill from NVC. My question is can I pay the AOS bill and IV Visa Bill(which they will mail me later) through US Postal Service's Money Order. The bill says I can pay thorugh the Money order, but it also says from the US bank(confusing). I think they are talking about the cashier's check and NOT the Money order. Thank you in advance and good luck to all!! Regards, kim

Kim, I paid it with a money order that I got from a bank. When they say US Bank...........they mean drawn on U.S. Funds.

Make sure you are early, plan on being at the convention center by 6:30AM. Any cab/taxi can take you there from islamabad or rawalpindi. No bags or mobile phones are allowed, so get a file folder and they keep your phone for Rs 20, remove the sim from it. Then get in line for USA bus ticket, then get inline for security check. Then get in line for bus. The bus drops you at the frot of the embassy, where some idiot will ask if you are there for immigrant visa or visit. Then they will look at your appoinment letter and let you cross the street. Security check again, then wait in line to be let in to the actual embassy. depending on how many pendos are present that wait could be looooong, in our case it was two hours, luckly it was not very hot. Once they let you in, then the final security check and they collect your letter and let you towards a room, with 12 windows, where you will be called by name, pay attention as the american consulars have a dickens of atime pronouncing the names. There is no sequence once you make it inside, just wait and listen for your name. If you are there for K3 you will be called three times, first to pay the fees, second to submit the forms, third for the interview. hope this helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I am happy to announce that by the grace of Allah, my wifes K3 was approved on Sept 11th.

She should be receiving her passport by courier in 7-10 days. Sorry for the late posting, could not get to a computer as I was present with my wife at the interview. There must have been about 10 K3 girls present, of which I am personally aware that 5 were approved on that day. We were there at 7:45am

and got out by 2:00pm. The questions were basic, who petiotioned, whats his name, yada, yada. I'll write a more detailed review as I have time. My Thanks to all VJ folks here, its been a journey. Wishing all folks the best and patience.

Congratulations

IR1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-130 Sent : 2004-04-13

I-130 NOA1 : 2004-04-30

I-130 Approved : 2005-05-31

NVC Received : 2005-06-15

Naturalized Citizenship: 2007-05-24

Sent letters to NVC and USCIS to upgrade my wife and kids petitions: 2007-05-24

Petition upgraded from F2A to IR1: 2007-06-12

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2007-06-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2007-06-19 (email)

Pay I-864 Bill: 2007-06-19 (Jame's Shortcut)

1-864 Bill Delivered in St. Louis: 2007-06-21

NVC Accepts DS-3032: 2007-06-26 (email from NVC)

IV Bill & I-864 Generated: 2007-07-02

Return Completed I-864: 2007-07/09 (Jame's Shortcut)

Received & Paid IV Bill : 2007-07-16

IV Bill entered in NVC system: 2007-07-24

DS230 Generated: 2007-07-30

Return Completed DS-230 : 2007-08-09 (Jame's Shortcut)

NVC Receives DS-230: 2007-08-13

DS-230 entered in NVC system: 2007-08-16

Case Completed at NVC: 2007-08-24

NVC Left : 2007-08-29

Consulate Received : 2007-09-12

Packet 3 Received : 2007-09-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-09-22

Packet 4 Received : 2007-10-05

Original Interview Date : 2008-04-08

New Interview Date : 2008-01-25

Visa Issued: 2008-01-25

Passport Received : 2008-01-30

US Entry : 2008-02-26

POE: JFK

Comments : I filed as a GC holder. Upgraded the same petition to IR1 in June 07.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : My I-130 was approved in 413 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.