IRENE-GERALD

NO PICTURES ON THE FIRST MEETING

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I've been bothered about this, i don't have any pictures with my fiance on our first meeting. Will this affect my application for visa? Thanks!

Photos together is one of the primary evidences of meeting prior to application. You may want to take a look at this: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide.

--Mae

P.S. How come you didn't have pictures together, if you don't mind me asking? :whistle:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Hi everyone! I've been bothered about this, i don't have any pictures with my fiance on our first meeting. Will this affect my application for visa? Thanks!

Photos together is one of the primary evidences of meeting prior to application. You may want to take a look at this: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide.

--Mae

P.S. How come you didn't have pictures together, if you don't mind me asking? :whistle:

Irene - Gerald...

It's not mandated that pictures MUST be submitted in order to prove the validaty of the relationship. However, it seems to be HIGHLY encouraged that couples have pictures. Think of when your boss says that something is highly encouraged, which basically means it's a MUST that is understood but is not a written policy. Don't get me wrong because I am sure that a visa approval is possible, but couples "possibly" face more resistence without pictures. In fact, I'm sure that the pre-screeners will go absolutely mad, and the counselor officer (CO) will inquire to the reasons why you don't have any pictures together.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

p.s. - Mae - They are camera shy. :blush:

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

--Mae

Irene - Gerald...

It's not mandated that pictures MUST be submitted in order to prove the validaty of the relationship. However, it seems to be HIGHLY encouraged that couples have pictures. Think of when your boss says that something is highly encouraged, which basically means it's a MUST that is understood but is not a written policy. Don't get me wrong because I am sure that a visa approval is possible, but couples "possibly" face more resistence without pictures. In fact, I'm sure that the pre-screeners will go absolutely mad, and the counselor officer (CO) will inquire to the reasons why you don't have any pictures together.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

Unfortunately his camera was stolen even before he left for the US. He was not able to save it in a thumb drive or whatsoever. So disappointing. I'm just crossing my fingers that everything will turn out well despite everything.

--Mae

Irene - Gerald...

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

Unfortunately his camera was stolen even before he left for the US. He was not able to save it in a thumb drive or whatsoever. So disappointing. I'm just crossing my fingers that everything will turn out well despite everything.

My first time around my fiance was denied at the interview because of lack of pictures. [Only had 4].

They mentioned they wanted pics of me, fiance and her family naman.

He should definitely make another trip.

Next time use a regular [digital] and throw away camera for backup. Get the throw aways developed and printed immediately to be sure they are OK.

Shoot the digitals to his PC in the US.

Pictures are worth their weight in gold+ at the interview.

Don't need them for the original petition submission.

An additional trip is also more GOOD evidence of a bonafide relationship.

They almost always ask! "How many times you met at the interview".

CFO naman.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

beckypua has a point... the CO will ask you if the petitioner have met your family, and to prove that is the photo (its important that your fiance have met your family), places you've been to (landmarks), nowadays they love looking at our pics :huh: lol so they may or may not give you a hard time on this one, but better prepare for a good excuse/reason... i truly hope you'll get away with it. :thumbs: good luck... i know its hard to spend again some time and money for him to visit you, so let's just hope for the best!!! God bless!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

Hi! We got LOTS of PICTURES on our second meeting. Me and my fiance, pictures with his and my family. Almost everywhere we went. Just having trouble on our first meeting. Thanks for all the replies! I'll definitely update you if I made it or not. I want to think positive.

Edited by IRENE-GERALD

Hi! We got LOTS of PICTURES on our second meeting. Me and my fiance, pictures with his and my family. Almost everywhere we went. Just having trouble on our first meeting. Thanks for all the replies! I'll definitely update you if I made it or not. I want to think positive.

Goodness! Why didn't you write that the first time... Oh, you like the excitement or maybe we should have read between the lines. :thumbs: In either case, get to work because you have a lot of work to do. :wacko:

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

NGEK NGEK :wacko: c'mon irene! gosh we all thought you dont have any pics at all... goodness gracious for a moment you gave us a heart-attack (sort of :unsure: ) lol... anyways you'll be fine after all!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

this is one of the million reasons why i love visajourney! there are some posts that can really make me laugh! haha

309365zhw4pcyn2n.jpg

the opinions that i express in this website are my own and are not legal advise...thank you...

06/18/12: I-130 for parents approved

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - with MNL# assigned for both parents & agent registration (DS-3032)

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - requesting for AOS (Affidavit of Support) processing fee for $88.00

click here for my parents I-130 Journey

Oppsss!!! Had too many windows open...

Edited by Sheriff Uling

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

the interviewer asked pictures from me and gave her bunch (1st and 2nd meeting) but she took the pictures of our first meeting.

proofs of evidence prior to filing e.g. photos is in the list of requirements. it's highly important.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.