texastincup

Medical exam advice for Ukrainians

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The medical exam in Frankfurt is over 500 Euros and the waiting time is excessive. I contacted a doctor in Vilnius, Lithuania and his medical is 250 Euros and I was able to get a quick appointment. I emailed him on June 2, 2022 and the doctor personally responded with a very detailed set of questions. We exchanged several emails and I ended up with an appointment on June 27, 2022. He suggested my wife and stepdaughter remain in Vilnius until July 1 in the event any results were abnormal or follow-up vaccines were needed. I would be surprised if the Frankfurt doctor would see us under similar circumstances. Additionally, the doctor reviewed the vaccine records and informed us what we were missing, and provided guidelines on getting them in Ukraine, or all at one time during the exam. He said there is a two-week waiting period between vaccines, four in the case of Chickenpox. He also speaks Russian and Ukrainian I suppose because he said no interpreter would be required and no vaccine card translation needed. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/VIL-Vilnius.html#medical_exam_instructions

Private Clinic “Medicina Generalis”
Gedimino 1A-19, 01103 Vilnius
Tel: (370)(5) 2613534
Email: medgen@liepkiemis.lt

We have not had the exam yet, but I am very impressed by this doctor thus far.

USCIS

4/27/2021 - Filed wife's and 18-year-old step-daughter's I-130 package online

4/27/2021 - NOA1 received, Nebraska Service Center (wife) - case transferred to Texas

4/27/2021 - NOA1 received, Potomac Service Center (step-daughter)

2/24/2022 - Expedite request (humanitarian-Russian invasion of Ukraine) for both petitions

3/1/2022 - TSC granted expedite request

3/4/2022 - TSC (wife) I-130 approved!! Sent to NVC 3/11/2022

3/16/2022 - PSC (daughter) I-130 approval. I never heard about her expedite

NVC

NVC received daughter 3/20/22 and wife 3/23/22

Case number & Invoice number received for daughter 3/21/22 and wife 3/23/22

DS-261 was not requested

Paid AOS & IV fee for daughter 3/21/22 and wife 3/23/22

4/1/2022 - Sent IV and AOS package via CEAC

Wife's payment status was "REFUSED" for several days but finally was confirmed

4/4/2022 - Submitted DS - 260 for both petitions - Requested NVC expedite 3/31/2022

5/26/2022 - NVC expedite approved for both - Cases sent to Frankfurt without review by the NVC

5/31/2022 - Permission to set an interview appointment granted

5/2/2022 - Received interview letter (P4) via e-mail 

Embassy (Frankfurt)

6/27/2022 - Medical done in Vilnius 

6/29/2022 - Received medical report sent electronically to Frankfurt

7/11/2022 - Interview - Approved

Timeline

Hi thank you so much for the detailed information I've been looking a place for medical examination for my stepson he is Ukranian, we was thinking in Krakow Poland but they said he needs to be vaccinated with Covid 19 vaccine, also they only offer appointment on Wednesday, and at this moment appointment are for September.

For any changes do you know if this office in Lithuania are asking for covid vaccine,my stepson is turning 16th this month.

In case my stepson need to be vaccinated  you or your spouse knows any place in Ukraine where he go to be vaccinated.

If your family going to Lithuania is any problem to enter that country? Do you know the best way to get there? Sorry for asking you so many questions. We trying to do things as far as we can but the appointment for medical examination it's been frustrating, we can't make the appointment for Interview yet because we don't have medical. 

Thank you I will appreciate any help.

Edited by Carburo

Timeline
1 hour ago, Carburo said:

For any changes do you know if this office in Lithuania are asking for covid vaccine,my stepson is turning 16th this month.

In case my stepson need to be vaccinated  you or your spouse knows any place in Ukraine where he go to be vaccinated.

If your family going to Lithuania is any problem to enter that country? Do you know the best way to get there? Sorry for asking you so many questions. We trying to do things as far as we can but the appointment for medical examination it's been frustrating, we can't make the appointment for Interview yet because we don't have medical. 

Thank you I will appreciate any help.

Yes, the office requires full COVID vaccines.

She used her doctor in Vinnytsia, but I don't know who she is.

I would not go through Belarus. I don't know anything beyond that.

USCIS

4/27/2021 - Filed wife's and 18-year-old step-daughter's I-130 package online

4/27/2021 - NOA1 received, Nebraska Service Center (wife) - case transferred to Texas

4/27/2021 - NOA1 received, Potomac Service Center (step-daughter)

2/24/2022 - Expedite request (humanitarian-Russian invasion of Ukraine) for both petitions

3/1/2022 - TSC granted expedite request

3/4/2022 - TSC (wife) I-130 approved!! Sent to NVC 3/11/2022

3/16/2022 - PSC (daughter) I-130 approval. I never heard about her expedite

NVC

NVC received daughter 3/20/22 and wife 3/23/22

Case number & Invoice number received for daughter 3/21/22 and wife 3/23/22

DS-261 was not requested

Paid AOS & IV fee for daughter 3/21/22 and wife 3/23/22

4/1/2022 - Sent IV and AOS package via CEAC

Wife's payment status was "REFUSED" for several days but finally was confirmed

4/4/2022 - Submitted DS - 260 for both petitions - Requested NVC expedite 3/31/2022

5/26/2022 - NVC expedite approved for both - Cases sent to Frankfurt without review by the NVC

5/31/2022 - Permission to set an interview appointment granted

5/2/2022 - Received interview letter (P4) via e-mail 

Embassy (Frankfurt)

6/27/2022 - Medical done in Vilnius 

6/29/2022 - Received medical report sent electronically to Frankfurt

7/11/2022 - Interview - Approved

Timeline

Thank you, yes I would not recommend passing for Belarus at all. Ok he needs to find a place for the vaccine, I sent an email to the embassy they said that they can't do nothing for waiver the vaccine and I have to contact the medical office directly. 

I will discuss this with my stepson and see what options we have,I am waiting on response for an office in Warsaw but pretty sure they will require full covid vaccination too.

Thanks 😊 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.