harden4mvp

RFE requesting W2 and 1099

8 posts in this topic

I am the petitioner for my wife and our case received RFE from NVC, asking for my W2 and 1099s.  My questions/confusions are:

1. In the original submission, I submitted the IRS transcript instead of the return, yet they are still asking for W2 & 1099s, should I call NVC and clarify? (I've seen multiple posts indicating they want W2 & 1099 along with tax return but transcript alone should be enough) 

2. I have one W-2 but quite a few 1099s (like 5 or 6), is it necessary to create a simple cover sheet to list all the docs I am submitting?

3. My wife and I filed jointly. She only had non-US income (foreign country, foreign company, foreign currency) but due to joint filing we of course converted her income to USD and added to our total income in the tax return.  Our RFE specifically said "submit every W2 and 1099 for [PETITIONER NAME]", but should I still submit her paystubs (fortunately they're in English!) along with a cover letter?  I am very afraid that if they add the number from my forms and see the total falling short of whatever the transcript says, they'd send me another RFE... 

Thank you so much VJ family! 

Edited by harden4mvp

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

NVC is just being difficult. I used transcripts also hoping to avoid the 1099, and w-2 fiasco. I just uploaded my 2 w-2's and 3 1099's for me, and my wife had 3 1099's I had to upload, including a W2G for gambling winnings. Thought they would be happy, nope, 76 days later they want more clarification of what a W-2G is. I think NVC is trying to be the new IRS. This is my last round with them as I wait another 76days for them to review the W-2G information I sent them. I was really impressed with the ease of the online things at NVC, but now it just allows them to shaft you faster and keep you busy why they slack off. As you can see the NVC is really getting on my nerves lately. Have over 6 figures of income on the tax transcripts, why they care about my tax methods is beyond me.

I saw your second post, hopefully it's right. I know next time ( If there ever is a next time) I'm sending everything and the kitchen sink. But that usually backfires also because they are not very bright, and ask for more things.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

1 minute ago, Loren Y said:

NVC is just being difficult. I used transcripts also hoping to avoid the 1099, and w-2 fiasco. I just uploaded my 2 w-2's and 3 1099's for me, and my wife had 3 1099's I had to upload, including a W2G for gambling winnings. Thought they would be happy, nope, 76 days later they want more clarification of what a W-2G is. I think NVC is trying to be the new IRS. This is my last round with them as I wait another 76days for them to review the W-2G information I sent them. I was really impressed with the ease of the online things at NVC, but now it just allows them to shaft you faster and keep you busy why they slack off. As you can see the NVC is really getting on my nerves lately. Have over 6 figures of income on the tax transcripts, why they care about my tax methods is beyond me.

I can totally relate and hope your case moves forward quickly!  Please see my own reply above: Them wanting W2 and 1099 despite transcript submissions is due to married filed jointly, at least that is the case for us.  Do you happen to be in the same boat? 

Timeline
Just now, harden4mvp said:

I can totally relate and hope your case moves forward quickly!  Please see my own reply above: Them wanting W2 and 1099 despite transcript submissions is due to married filed jointly, at least that is the case for us.  Do you happen to be in the same boat? 

Yes, MFJ is how we filed also. wish I knew this from the get-go. would have saved a 76 day delay. guess that's not too bad in the immigration world. Most things are 12 months plus.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

6 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Yes, MFJ is how we filed also. wish I knew this from the get-go. would have saved a 76 day delay. guess that's not too bad in the immigration world. Most things are 12 months plus.

Hope you get DQ very very soon! 

Btw, may I ask two more questions:

1. For the requested W-2s &1099s, are we supposed to upload/submit them into the "Additional AOS Supporting Documentation" subsection?  (like what I did in the screenshot?)

2. We seem to share another similarity -- a relatively large number of such documents, did you also attach a cover sheet to explain what you uploaded?

Thanks!!

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 9.32.04 PM.png

Timeline
8 hours ago, harden4mvp said:

Hope you get DQ very very soon! 

Btw, may I ask two more questions:

1. For the requested W-2s &1099s, are we supposed to upload/submit them into the "Additional AOS Supporting Documentation" subsection?  (like what I did in the screenshot?)

2. We seem to share another similarity -- a relatively large number of such documents, did you also attach a cover sheet to explain what you uploaded?

Thanks!!

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 9.32.04 PM.png

Nope, I didn't include a cover sheet. I just uploaded each form, and put a little explanation in the box. It should be pretty obvious what each form is, at least to me. I think I should be good, If they can't figure out that we more than cover the income requirement now, I don't know what else to submit.

13 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Nope, I didn't include a cover sheet. I just uploaded each form, and put a little explanation in the box. It should be pretty obvious what each form is, at least to me. I think I should be good, If they can't figure out that we more than cover the income requirement now, I don't know what else to submit.

Got it, agreed. Then I won't bother with the cover letter either. Many thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.