roof

Not received social security number yet

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

My I-130 and DS-260 applications were approved by US embassy in London in June 2021. On the DS-260 I selected that my information could be used to obtain a social security number.

I entered the US in December 2021, but have not yet received my social security number or a green card. I cannot get ahold of any of the agencies to understand why I haven't received any of these documents yet. Can anyone help with what I should do for these, especially the social security number?

Thanks!

On 5/14/2022 at 4:48 PM, roof said:

I entered the US in December 2021, but have not yet received my social security number or a green card.

Book an appointment at an SSA office to apply for SSN in person.  Your immigrant visa with CBP entry stamp serves as your temporary green card for 1 year from US arrival and is enough proof of your LPR status to present to SSA.

As for your plastic GC, have you already paid the $220 immigrant fee to USCIS?

3 hours ago, Chancy said:

Book an appointment at an SSA office to apply for SSN in person.  Your immigrant visa with CBP entry stamp serves as your temporary green card for 1 year from US arrival and is enough proof of your LPR status to present to SSA.

As for your plastic GC, have you already paid the $220 immigrant fee to USCIS?

thank you for this! i visited a ssa last week and they said my application would be denied because my entry visa has expired. i asked thenm to photocopy the visa and the entry stamp with ir1 denoted, so i hope that works.

i paid the $220 fee back in december. i can't get through to anyone about the status of my greencard.

1 hour ago, roof said:

i paid the $220 fee back in december. i can't get through to anyone about the status of my greencard.

Just enter the IOE# of the immigrant fee receipt here -- https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

If the case status says something like, "Immigrant Fee Received", since it's been >90 days, you may file a USCIS ticket for non-delivery of card here -- https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDCForm.do?sroPageType=ndc&entryPoint=init

Enter form number "OS155A" and the IOE# of the immigrant fee receipt.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.