jom

About purchasing ticket going to the USA with K1 visa

8 posts in this topic

Hi to the experts,

K1 is a non-immigrant visa only good for 90 days and information came to us that its okay to purchase a one way ticket to the USA once the visa is approved. . is this correct? Since the K1 visa is non-immigrant and good only for 90 days and IF there is marriage, we thought a return ticket is NECESSARY because there are cases that marriage never happened within that 90 days period given to the couple.

Do clarify :whistle:

Thanks in advance for the replies

Joe and Myla

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

one way is fine.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

the one way ticket is all you need. The plan is to come to the USA on the K-1, marry within 90 days, then file for AOS. If you dont marry within 90 days then the non USC has to return to their home country and you have to purchase a one way ticket back !!

The K-1 visa is valid for six months. Once you arrive in the U.S. you have 90 days to meet the requirement of the visa which is to marry the U.S. citizen or return to your home country. Some embassies will reissue the visa for an additional six months is you can present a valid reason.

You can buy a one-way ticket. I sent Claudeth the money and she bought the ticket in the Philippines and saved about $150 from what I could get it for.

Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your fiancee will be given 90 days visa and you should get married within 90 days if not your fiancee need to go back here in the Philippines..

118283530184.gifJessel Chris11837926282d.gif

11-20-2004 ♥ when we are falling in love

03-03-2007 ♥ he visit me in Cebu

03-05-2007 ♥ he visit my family

03-06-2007 ♥ we're officially engaged

--------------♥ so many things happened / unforgettable date

03-11-2007 ♥ temporary departure

03-14-2007 ♥ finally, he went home to Florida...very sad day...

04-06-2007 ♥ I29F sent to CSC

04-12-2007 ♥ CSC received I29f

04-13-2007 ♥ NOA1 received through mail

08-07-2007 ♥ status online RFE

08-11-2007 ♥ got RFE letter

08-13-2007 ♥ calling CSC about RFE

08-13-2007 ♥ APPROVED!!!

08-18-2007 ♥NOA2 hard copy

10-29-2007 ♥MEDICAL @ SLEC

11-07-2007 ♥INTERVIEW DAY!!!APPROVED!!!

12-14-2007 ♥Soon to be with my GG!!!

You don't even need to show proof of buying a ticket at the interview. (I think that's where your question is coming from.) They will ask her when she plans on going to go to the U.S. once she gets the visa. (To see if you guys actually have a plan in place, and if she's really going!) They probably won't even ask to about a return trip at the POE, either.

While the K-1 is a "non"-immigrant visa, everyone expects the visa holder to stay in the U.S. The only reason to buy a roundtrip ticket would be if you think you may not get married (maybe?) or if it'll save you guys some cash that can be used for more important things like lumpia wraps. (I LOVE those things!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

You don't even need to show proof of buying a ticket at the interview. (I think that's where your question is coming from.) They will ask her when she plans on going to go to the U.S. once she gets the visa. (To see if you guys actually have a plan in place, and if she's really going!) They probably won't even ask to about a return trip at the POE, either.

While the K-1 is a "non"-immigrant visa, everyone expects the visa holder to stay in the U.S. The only reason to buy a roundtrip ticket would be if you think you may not get married (maybe?) or if it'll save you guys some cash that can be used for more important things like lumpia wraps. (I LOVE those things!)

Not as proof during the interview but for the real thing already, when visa is there. We wont be purchasing any ticket until visa has arrived , maybe book after the interview. Thanks much for the information :thumbs:

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, it's much safer to wait until the Visa has approved and arrived, otherwise you run the risk of having to pay to reschedule on another flight.

Visa issued: 04-13-2007

Entered USA: 05/30/2007

Married: 07/11/2007

Filed AOS/EAD: 07/27/200

NOA: AOS/EAD:09/10/2007

BIOMETRICS: 10/04/2007

Green Card Issued 11/21/2007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.