mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hey everyone, just wondering where to get the form and procedures for renewing a Thai passport. I think there is an emabassy in Chicago, we live in Oklahoma. Any help appreciated

Instructions in Thai are here.

http://www.thaichicago.net/clate/passport.html

You have a Consulate-General in Oklahoma. I don't know if they can provide this service at the smaller consulates.

OKLAHOMA

ROYAL THAI CONSULATE-GENERAL

25900 EAST 81ST STREET

BROKEN ARROW, OK 74014

Tel : (918) 357-2886

Fax : (918) 357-1334

Honorary Consul-General, Mr. Richard H. Hughes

K1 Journey

03/22/07 - Mailed I-129 Application

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

09/06/07 - Interview Successful!

10/25/07 - P.O.E. San Francisco

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

11/09/07 - Mailed AOS & EAD

12/12/07 - Biometrics

02/04/08 - Transferred to CSC

02/16/08 - EAD Card Received

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

08/28/08 - Filed N-400 via Section 319(b)

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I'm gonna roll the dice. Can't let a few left-wingers hold me down :D I'll get into Thailand eventually!

Besides, I've got to get all the packet 3 stuff together and ready to just drop in the mailbox. It's not worth putting off until January... I'd be behind the power curve then.

Isnt that enough to piss you off eric? The day we're supposed to leave, they open the airports.

My wifes birthday is next week and I had been waiting all year to be there...G. D. !!

Well, I'll be there next year for my 50th anyway...........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It's pretty much the slap in the face I've always dreamed about :P I'm still going to try for December sometime, but I don't know when... I'd call your airline and see if you can't get bumped up to a flight this week. I'm sure they'll be empty going inbound lol.

Edited by eric_f

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Did you all hear about the latest boarder run deal? Only 15 days now.

http://www.thaivisa.com/latest/thai-immigr...foreigners.html

Visa changes and airport protests... Talk about biting the tourist hand that feeds you.

K1 Journey

03/22/07 - Mailed I-129 Application

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

09/06/07 - Interview Successful!

10/25/07 - P.O.E. San Francisco

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

11/09/07 - Mailed AOS & EAD

12/12/07 - Biometrics

02/04/08 - Transferred to CSC

02/16/08 - EAD Card Received

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

08/28/08 - Filed N-400 via Section 319(b)

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Well, I think it's dumb, but have a few random thoughts:

1. They are probably trying to crack down on all the whoremongers that have semipermanently infested the place. A lot of guys are basically living there on their foreign disability income and spending their days getting drunk and hanging out on Soi Cowboy. For some reason Germans have the worst reputation, but I suppose all nationalities are supplying these PNG's...

2. They still give us better visa treatment than we give them. It's not like you have to drive to DC for an interview at the embassy and pay $130 for your visa. (And have a 50% chance of denial with no refund...)

3. This shouldn't affect anyone here for a very long because once you are married you can get a you can obtain a 1-year Non-O Visa.

4. I've never done a border run anyway. I find it much more fun and convenient to fly out and spend a weekend in Penang, Singapore or KL. You still get 30 days on air arrivals.

5. If all else fails you can still get a 60 day visa in advance before you leave....

Edited by toma1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well, I think it's dumb, but have a few random thoughts:

1. They are probably trying to crack down on all the whoremongers that have semipermanently infested the place. A lot of guys are basically living there on their foreign disability income and spending their days getting drunk and hanging out on Soi Cowboy. For some reason Germans have the worst reputation, but I suppose all nationalities are supplying these PNG's...

2. They still give us better visa treatment than we give them. It's not like you have to drive to DC for an interview at the embassy and pay $130 for your visa. (And have a 50% chance of denial with no refund...)

3. This shouldn't affect anyone here for a very long because once you are married you can get a you can obtain a 1-year Non-O Visa.

4. I've never done a border run anyway. I find it much more fun and convenient to fly out and spend a weekend in Penang, Singapore or KL. You still get 30 days on air arrivals.

5. If all else fails you can still get a 60 day visa in advance before you leave....

You probably already know this, but I'll post it anyway. You can make the Non-O last 15 months if re-enter just before the year is up. They'll give you another 90 days.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

:thumbs:

Only 50%? For a B (tourist) visa, I think the denial rate is much higher than that -- at least in Thailand. Surely $130 + thousands of denials each year probably pays most of the consulate's bills.

Only 50%? For a B (tourist) visa, I think the denial rate is much higher than that -- at least in Thailand. Surely $130 + thousands of denials each year probably pays most of the consulate's bills.

HAHA... I agree... I just tossed that figure out.

Timeline

HAHA... I agree... I just tossed that figure out.

Well I am leaving next week for Los for the interview the following week. I hope all goes well and I can bring my fiancee back to florida with me. I know she will like it here she is very happy to come. I am going to cambodia then on to Bangkok.

Good luck to all.

Timeline

By the way...we have a question about the affidavit of support, form I-134, in section 7.

At the bottom of section 7, it asks about "Mortgage or other encumbrance amounting to"

We are wondering that since I don't have a mortgage, but am renting, do I need to put in the amount of rent per month and state that I am renting? Or should I just leave it blank?

Thanks, Cheryl and Jim

Has anyone gotten an consulate interview assignment in recent days? First the consulate lost most of our Packet 3 and now that it's been resent, they haven't even bothered to answer my email inquiry.

By the way...we have a question about the affidavit of support, form I-134, in section 7.

At the bottom of section 7, it asks about "Mortgage or other encumbrance amounting to"

We are wondering that since I don't have a mortgage, but am renting, do I need to put in the amount of rent per month and state that I am renting? Or should I just leave it blank?

Thanks, Cheryl and Jim

Put zero. You don't need to state that you are renting.

That question is to help gauge your assets. If you owned a house you would list the house value above that. However they need to know the equity in the house, so they also ask for the mortgage amount, which they would subtract from the house value.

In your case, the value of your property is zero, so your mortgage is zero also.

Also with a non-Thailand-related question, you will usually get a quicker answer by putting it in the general forum. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.