mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

december 2?????

Chamlong vows airport occupation to continue

Chamlong Srimuang, a co-leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy, announced Sunday morning that the PAD would not pull out from the two Bangkok airports.

He told the crowd at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport that the people would get a victor on December 2.

The Nation

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm gonna roll the dice. Can't let a few left-wingers hold me down :D I'll get into Thailand eventually!

Besides, I've got to get all the packet 3 stuff together and ready to just drop in the mailbox. It's not worth putting off until January... I'd be behind the power curve then.

I'm gonna roll the dice. Can't let a few left-wingers hold me down :D I'll get into Thailand eventually!

Besides, I've got to get all the packet 3 stuff together and ready to just drop in the mailbox. It's not worth putting off until January... I'd be behind the power curve then.

You mean right-wingers, of course :blink:

Anyway, here's the latest:

BANGKOK: -- Gen Pathompong Kesornsuk, former chief advisor of the Supreme Command, urged Army Commander-in-Chief Gen Anupong Paochinda to stage coup to prevent himself from being sacked by the government.

Speaking to protesters at the Government House, Pathompong said the Army chief should not allow Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat to purge him.

Coup rumours were widely spread Thursday with a lot of phone calls being made to several newspapers' editorial offices to check whether coup was being staged.

The rumours came a day after Anupong called on Somchai to dissolve the House Wednesday afternoon. But Somchai went on TV late Wednesday to announce that his government would not either resign or dissolve the House.

-- The Nation 2008-11-27

Not that this is anything new for Thailand, but whenever the military doesn't understand civilian authority, you're in for a bad time.

Timeline

Well, my leave has been officially canked. :dead: Even though there's no hostility toward Americans, my command doesn't want me going fearing a coup and/or civil unrest.

I can only wish the best to those who are going to make the trip. I fear for my fiancee's safety going to Bumrungrad and the police station in BKK. All I can hope for is a swift and somewhat peaceful resolution to this nonsense and that my fiancee can get her visa quickly.

Edited by eric_f

Well, my leave has been officially canked. :dead: Even though there's no hostility toward Americans, my command doesn't want me going fearing a coup and/or civil unrest.

I can only wish the best to those who are going to make the trip. I fear for my fiancee's safety going to Bumrungrad and the police station in BKK. All I can hope for is a swift and somewhat peaceful resolution to this nonsense and that my fiancee can get her visa quickly.

Sorry about your leave, or lack thereof. :( I'm a bit worried about my DIL being able to fly out safely.

For anyone planning to fly into Phuket, don't forget about the train going north. We took a van from Phuket to Surat Thani once and took a night train. It was a different experience, but I can't complain. We only went as far as Hua Hin. My son thought our youngest said something about wanting to ride the train. Since he was making all of our reservations....

Thai Mom

Not that this is anything new for Thailand, but whenever the military doesn't understand civilian authority, you're in for a bad time.

What civilian authority????!!!

Thai Mom

Timeline

I am not going to the police station yet to get my police clearance ...not until police are done facing PAD.

Thai Mom

precisely. That's just what the military thinks!

Filed: Timeline

i'm currently in Pattaya, Thailand with my fiance. We are expecting our interview in the next few weeks at the embassy. the only problem is that the interview will be at the Manila embassy since she is Filipina. We were supposed to go back to the Philippines yesterday but of course our flights were canceled. No idea when we will be able to get out of here. :unsure:

Timeline

Thai Mom

precisely. That's just what the military thinks!

i'm currently in Pattaya, Thailand with my fiance. We are expecting our interview in the next few weeks at the embassy. the only problem is that the interview will be at the Manila embassy since she is Filipina. We were supposed to go back to the Philippines yesterday but of course our flights were canceled. No idea when we will be able to get out of here. :unsure:

I am a Filipina but I will be interviewed here in Thailand since I am working here. I don't need to go back home. My fiance put in our application....Bangkok US embassy instead of Manila US embassy.

Embassy lost Packet 3!

My fiancee EMSed all her documents, but now the consulate says they are missing passport photo, checklist and passport copy! If I hadn't emailed them, we would never have known they had lost this paperwork!

:angry:

Timeline

Anybody knows what is the right contact number of the consulate? I tried calling this morning but I was not able to reach the right person to inquire if our documents has arrive safely at thier office.

Anybody knows what is the right contact number of the consulate? I tried calling this morning but I was not able to reach the right person to inquire if our documents has arrive safely at thier office.

If you mean the BKK Embassy, you cannot call them; they only accept emailed questions.

Edited by toma1

Embassy lost Packet 3!

My fiancee EMSed all her documents, but now the consulate says they are missing passport photo, checklist and passport copy! If I hadn't emailed them, we would never have known they had lost this paperwork!

:angry:

In our case, everything was in the same packet, but the consulate says it only received DS-230 (part I)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We've had some discussion and a change of plans. Originally I planned to wait till the next summer to return to Thailand for the ceremony, however a comment from my sister got me thinking "why wait?" We intend to have the Thai ceremony in the early part of July, fly to America together and have the American one at the end of July. With this additional planning and preparation, the next 8 months are going to fly past.

I pray that the current political turmoil soon be resolved, though it does seem unlikely that it's all going to disappear in the next year. Even if the PAD is disbanded or they achieve their aims, there shall continue to be contention between these groups.

All the best to everyone in Thailand and America.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.