mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
the only thing i can hope for is that they are done with this by the time my wifes visa is approved.

:thumbs:

I am worried if my documents has arrive at the embassy safely. My fiance called NVC they said it was sent last 21st. Hope it is not stucked somewhere else. Darn PAD! :angry:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081128/ap_on_...olitical_unrest

BANGKOK, Thailand – Thailand's prime minister demoted the national police chief Friday after thousands of protesters occupied the capital's airports in an anti-government campaign that has plunged the country into its worst political crisis in decades.

Government spokesman Nattawut Sai-Kau said National Police Chief Gen. Pacharawat Wongsuwan was moved to an inactive post in the prime minister's office.

Nattawut declined to comment on the order, issued by Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat.

It was not clear if Pacharawat was removed because police failed to evict the protesters, but it could be because he apparently made no attempt to negotiate a peaceful end to the crisis, as the government had asked.

In a televised address to the nation late Friday, Somchai made no mention of Pacharawat except to say "security forces will use peaceful means" to end the crisis.

Despite his assurances, reporters saw a small buildup of forces near the airport. About 200 police, carrying riot gear and shields, were seen outside airport offices about 400 yards (meters) from the terminal where the protesters are camped out.

Dozens more police armed with assault rifles were deployed on the main road to the airport. Police set up barricades and at least one black police truck and several fire trucks were parked in the area.

Yes, well, the only "peaceful means" one can imagine working is for the government to resign and let the People's Alliance for Anti-democracy win (again).

Good point. While we're at it, let's bring back Thaksin and make him PM again. Then he can sell what ever is left to Singapore and make billions of THB in the process. I think Myanmar would be a good place for him. He would fit in well with those dictators.

Except that Thaksin was elected -- twice. In Myanmar, the military refused to allow the elected government to take office. Seeing as how the PAD is trying to overthrow an elected government and has openly encouraged a coup, it seems it has more in common with the Myanmar junta. As for Thaksin's private business dealings, the only thing that's ever been questioned was whether or not he paid taxes on the Shincorp deal. It was his company and not a public utility after all, so who he chose to sell to was his concern and not the Thai government's.

AIS is not a public utility? The #1 mobile provider!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

BANGKOK, Thailand – Thailand's prime minister demoted the national police chief Friday after thousands of protesters occupied the capital's airports in an anti-government campaign that has plunged the country into its worst political crisis in decades.

Government spokesman Nattawut Sai-Kau said National Police Chief Gen. Pacharawat Wongsuwan was moved to an inactive post in the prime minister's office.

Nattawut declined to comment on the order, issued by Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat.

It was not clear if Pacharawat was removed because police failed to evict the protesters, but it could be because he apparently made no attempt to negotiate a peaceful end to the crisis, as the government had asked.

In a televised address to the nation late Friday, Somchai made no mention of Pacharawat except to say "security forces will use peaceful means" to end the crisis.

Despite his assurances, reporters saw a small buildup of forces near the airport. About 200 police, carrying riot gear and shields, were seen outside airport offices about 400 yards (meters) from the terminal where the protesters are camped out.

Dozens more police armed with assault rifles were deployed on the main road to the airport. Police set up barricades and at least one black police truck and several fire trucks were parked in the area.

Yes, well, the only "peaceful means" one can imagine working is for the government to resign and let the People's Alliance for Anti-democracy win (again).

Good point. While we're at it, let's bring back Thaksin and make him PM again. Then he can sell what ever is left to Singapore and make billions of THB in the process. I think Myanmar would be a good place for him. He would fit in well with those dictators.

Except that Thaksin was elected -- twice. In Myanmar, the military refused to allow the elected government to take office. Seeing as how the PAD is trying to overthrow an elected government and has openly encouraged a coup, it seems it has more in common with the Myanmar junta. As for Thaksin's private business dealings, the only thing that's ever been questioned was whether or not he paid taxes on the Shincorp deal. It was his company and not a public utility after all, so who he chose to sell to was his concern and not the Thai government's.

I gotta call on Monday. I wanna get out from here!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

PM says he ready to talk to Chamlong

November 29, 2008

Chiang Mai - Prime Minster Somchai Wongsawat said Saturday that he is willing to hold a talk with Chamlong Srimuang, a co-leader of the People

breakingnews

Chamlong says crisis will end before Dec 5

Chamlong Srimaung, a co-leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy, said Saturday that the political crisis would end before Friday.

He said he was willing to hold talk with Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat anywhere except Chiang Mai because it is too far away.

The Nation

Timeline

This is straight garbage. I cannot believe it has been allowed to continue this long. I don't see it clearing up before a battle ensues. Looks like I'll have to reschedule or fly into Phuket...

Timeline
This is straight garbage. I cannot believe it has been allowed to continue this long. I don't see it clearing up before a battle ensues. Looks like I'll have to reschedule or fly into Phuket...

yes, total BS for sure.

I was going to do the same into phuket, but the only way to get north is by bus. its 14 hours to BKK. then I have another 6 hours north of that yet. All flights leaving phuket, going north, ALL stop in BKK before going on. sooooo----> screwed. I'm going to wait till tuesday and see where things are. maybe postpone for a few days or 1 week. if the a-holes are still playing with themselves, i'll have to postpone till January. F**K!!!!!

Timeline

It would have to be Jan. for me. I've got Christmas commitments and have to reschedule my leave. I've already got a ticket picked out sadly. If I did go to Phuket, I'd just make my fiancee take the train down there and we could "honeymoon" our way back to Chaiyaphum. If they wanted to cut the jugular of their nation I'd say good job, but I'm pretty sure 3/4 of them didn't want it to go this far and now are having second thoughts. They just did it because it sounded all gung-ho and ####### and now they don't want to lose face and be seen as the ones to give up their stone age weapons and leave lol. Sometimes the non-confrontational culture both confuses and amuses me. What I hate the most is that they've got an improv stage and whatnot set up in there for ENTERTAINMENT! As much as it's frowned upon, I say someone needs to take PAD fun land '08 by force. There's plenty of non-lethal techniques that can be used, maybe their police weren't trained properly... As soon as an important few are taken into police custody I'm sure the rest of their bogus structure will topple like a jenga set.

Edited by eric_f

It would have to be Jan. for me. I've got Christmas commitments and have to reschedule my leave. I've already got a ticket picked out sadly. If I did go to Phuket, I'd just make my fiancee take the train down there and we could "honeymoon" our way back to Chaiyaphum. If they wanted to cut the jugular of their nation I'd say good job, but I'm pretty sure 3/4 of them didn't want it to go this far and now are having second thoughts. They just did it because it sounded all gung-ho and ####### and now they don't want to lose face and be seen as the ones to give up their stone age weapons and leave lol. Sometimes the non-confrontational culture both confuses and amuses me. What I hate the most is that they've got an improv stage and whatnot set up in there for ENTERTAINMENT! As much as it's frowned upon, I say someone needs to take PAD fun land '08 by force. There's plenty of non-lethal techniques that can be used, maybe their police weren't trained properly... As soon as an important few are taken into police custody I'm sure the rest of their bogus structure will topple like a jenga set.

Yes, I agree. They need to be removed. Whether you agree with their politics or not, this is not the way to solve the problem. They need to give them an opportunity to take the kids out first, though. A lot of those dingbats brought their kids.

By the way, does anyone know if Fedex is making deliveries to Thailand through another airport?

Timeline

Rush to get out

Tens of thousands of stranded passengers have been squeezing into the only terminal at U-tapao airport to catch flights out of the country.

(SAS- scandanavian is now sending flights in and out as well)

Ready to move

Police on Saturday afternoon surrounded and cordoned off Suvarnabhumi airport as the prime minister denounced the virtual international isolation - signs a violent end game is approaching.

Sounds about right. They get the foreigners out, all thats left is PAD.

The gov't troops surrounding them and ready to go. Spells for a forceful removal

By the way, does anyone know if Fedex is making deliveries to Thailand through another airport?

I just called Fedex and they are getting packages through to Bangkok "for now".

Mobile providers are NOT considered public utilities -- anywhere. To wit: is ANYONE without mobile service in Thailand?!

Thailand has made the list of the Top 20 Most Dangerous Places as compiled by the Telegraph newspaper of London.

The latest edition of the list puts Thailand as the seventh most-dangerous spot for travellers behind Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya, South Africa, Somalia and Sudan. Thailand is said to be more dangerous than Colombia and Haiti at the moment.

It justifies the Thai spot on the list because of "major political demonstrations and a temporary state of emergency" at the two Bangkok airports.

It also cites the continuing demonstrations around Government House, the Cambodian-Thai fighting on the bordefr, and "civil unrest and frequent attacks" in the deep South.

The British "Foreign Office advises against all but essential travel to these areas," the newspaper said.

Timeline

Well, it's a good thing I would classify seeing my future wife as "essential travel" :)

Having a route into and out of the country is also essential! I hope this mess ends today.

Edited by eric_f

Timeline
Well, it's a good thing I would classify seeing my future wife as "essential travel" :)

Having a route into and out of the country is also essential! I hope this mess ends today.

If anyone decides they want to route through Cambodia, I have a phone number and email of the company that drove the bus down to the boarder. It was about a total of 9 hours to Bangkok.

Everywhere in Bangkok right now is not busy. We were out last night, not a lot of people out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.