mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thank you for posting the sites. It seems like a one-way ticket for my fiancee from Bangkok to Washington Dulles is going to run around $1,300. I wonder if it would be worth her asking in Bangkok to see if she could get it a little cheaper.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Thank you for posting the sites. It seems like a one-way ticket for my fiancee from Bangkok to Washington Dulles is going to run around $1,300. I wonder if it would be worth her asking in Bangkok to see if she could get it a little cheaper.

I would not be surprised at all if she could find it cheaper locally. In fact, that's my plan when my fiancee is ready to come to the states with me. We'll buy 2 one-ways out of bkk.

Don't buy that. Get two separate tickets. Try BKK-JFK or EWR and JFK/EWR-IAD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

BKK to JFK = $1021 24 hours

BKK to EWR = $1414 23 hours

BKK to IAD = $1300 21 hours

It's a tough one. I appreciate the advice toma1 to take two flights and perhaps save $200, however she may be travelling with her dog, so the shortest flight may be best.

Birch and eric, if you two wouldn't mind sharing any information you find while in Bangkok, I would be most grateful.

BKK to JFK = $1021 24 hours

BKK to EWR = $1414 23 hours

BKK to IAD = $1300 21 hours

It's a tough one. I appreciate the advice toma1 to take two flights and perhaps save $200, however she may be travelling with her dog, so the shortest flight may be best.

Birch and eric, if you two wouldn't mind sharing any information you find while in Bangkok, I would be most grateful.

The dog will go into quarantine I'm pretty sure, right? You should check into that. Quarantine can be pretty long...

I'm not sure about your dates, but you can beat that price on Sidestep.com. I've see it as low as $640 to JFK in December on Kuwait Airlines.

ANNA GOT HER INTERVIEW SCHEDULED DECEMBER 8!! How soon will the visa be issued (assuming all goes well....)? (Remember that December 10 is a public holiday in Thailand.)

Edited by toma1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks for the sites, there are a few there that i didn't know about. I live in NYC, so JFK is where I fly out of. I hate seeing tickets for 300$ then find out there is 700$ worth of taxes. How could that even be possible! I thought oil prices were falling.

Timeline
ANNA GOT HER INTERVIEW SCHEDULED DECEMBER 8!! How soon will the visa be issued (assuming all goes well....)? (Remember that December 10 is a public holiday in Thailand.)

Dang, that's speedy. Hopefully I get that fast of a turnaround too lol. What strings do I gotta pull?!

Edited by eric_f

Timeline

I keep telling myself that I crossed all the Ts and dotted the Is, but I'm more concerned every day about our case ending up in the administrative processing pit that seems to be trapping a surprising number of people. When this whole fiasco is over it will be a good day.

I keep telling myself that I crossed all the Ts and dotted the Is, but I'm more concerned every day about our case ending up in the administrative processing pit that seems to be trapping a surprising number of people. When this whole fiasco is over it will be a good day.

Welcome to "normal". No one ever feels they have dotted all of their Is and crossed all of their Ts in this process. It's the nature of the beast. I think your good day is coming, and I hope soon.

Thai Mom

Congrats on the speedy, speedy interview! Are you sure it doesn't say 2009? :) I vote for the 9th or the 11th for the date of issue unless something unexpected arises. Of course I really don't know. The norm for Bangkok would be the 10th, but since it's a holiday...

Thai Mom

Timeline

I looked into this week about a one way to bkk and I called delta and told me since I am a usa citzen that I have to have proof of a return ticket or a forward of onward

travel. I will buy roundtrip and pay the change fee then buy a one way for my girl when she gets visa and change my ticket to her flight ie same airline that I plan on using. Any thoughts on this??

OFFICIAL WORD FROM THE BKK EMBASSY:

Yes, normally, it takes two business days. However, because of a Thai holiday on December 10, approved visa cases on December 8 should be ready for pick up by Friday December 12, 2008.

Edited by toma1

Is it happening that much in Thailand? I haven't seen anyone in this thread complaining...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.