mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi I am new My Fiancee & I are trying to get her Visa so she can come to Alaska & we can Marry :D

I am sorry I dont know all the Procedures for forums :P So bear with me PLEASE 555555

Here is my concern We have applied & the App was approved then they sent a letter that said they will send the application to the BKK embassy. The Embassy will then send a Packet to my Fiancee. They dont give a timeline they just say soon. :P We have been waiting a long time, I have sent them an Email requesting Info but no reply.

I have been reading other posts & you seem to be further along than we are, Can anyone Shed some light on my situation. Not Knowing is One of the hardest parts.

Sometimes I feel like I am asking for national secrets HAHAHA

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Hi I am new My Fiancee & I are trying to get her Visa so she can come to Alaska & we can Marry :D

I am sorry I dont know all the Procedures for forums :P So bear with me PLEASE 555555

Here is my concern We have applied & the App was approved then they sent a letter that said they will send the application to the BKK embassy. The Embassy will then send a Packet to my Fiancee. They dont give a timeline they just say soon. :P We have been waiting a long time, I have sent them an Email requesting Info but no reply.

I have been reading other posts & you seem to be further along than we are, Can anyone Shed some light on my situation. Not Knowing is One of the hardest parts.

Sometimes I feel like I am asking for national secrets HAHAHA

Hey,

So you got your NOA 2 sometime in July? They never give you an exact time frame for ANYTHING during this process. Basically, it can take up to 90 days for the approved petition to arrive at the embassy, sometimes longer if there's problems. However, usually it doesn't take anywhere near that time frame. Have you called the NVC yet? Also, your petition could ALREADY be at the embassy and they are just in the process of sending you the packet 3, which can sometimes take sort of long, so you should email the embassy and ask if they have received your petition yet. If so, forget waiting for their stupid packet 3, just print off the forms yourself that are required for the packet 3, and send it in before you even receive your packet 3. This is a great method and saves time as well. You don't need their packet 3, you just make your own. I think everyone on here, including myself, used this method.

So my fiance is coming tomorrow morning at 11:20 AM. About how long does it usually take for them to go through immigration? I live like 10 minutes from the airport. Do you think I should leave my house at around 12:00? I'm thinking 12 because maybe an hour through immigration possibly and baggage claim?

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Go early, grab some lunch, read the paper, buy her a gift, etc.

Really, it depends on where her flight is from. If she is coming direct from Asia, then I would get there early. I have flown direct from Asia and landed 1 1/2 hours early due to strong tailwinds (I have also been 2 hours late going to Asia due to strong headwinds). You may be able to go on the internet and check flight status (most airlines have live updates showing ETA of flights enroute).

p.s. And a big congratulations!

Thanks Rin and John!!

Timeline
oops

I forgot to ask an important Question.

What are the forms in packet 3 & where can I get them ?

I guess if I know the names I will get them from USCIS?

Thanks Again

Hi and Welcome

The forms for Packet 3 can be found here....http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/packet-3-forms-and-instructions.html

The Embassy website is ...http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/index.html

Also have her go ahead and get the Police Certificate from Thailand and the Medical. Get those out of the way while you are waiting.

We are just now mailing our Packet 3. We downloaded the forms from the website. She just returned to Thailand from England so we are kind of behind this process. Our NOA2 was in June and she never received Packet 3 from the Embassy and they have not responded to my emails either. So we just mailed Packet 3 and hoping it goes smoothly.

She was supposed to go to the Police Station and get the Medical done yesterday. I haven't heard from her yet so I don't know how it went. I'll keep you posted.

Good luck and let us know if you need more help

George

Timeline

WOW I cant believe I have just found this place !!!!!

You all are so helpful :D:D:D

You all are great !!!

I am going to do all of your suggestions today :D

I finally Have hope again the application was easy

& this part is so Vague, I will keep coming here well

after Noo has her Visa. So I can share the info I have learned

With other Newbies

Thank You to all !!!!

Devk, somehow i missed your post, congrats on being reunited!!!!

Max & Noo welcome to vj and good luck!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

I just wanted to update the list on the latest...... My fiance just received a call from the embassy, they told her to return to the embassy on friday and to bring all the proof of relationship documents back with her. So hear we go again. I wil keep everyone updated as things unfold .cross your fingers for us...thanks

Goodluck Hilton. My fiance was told they would contact her in three weeks which is coming up this Tuesday. Let me know what happens.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

I-129F Sent : 2008-01-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-01-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-06-02

NVC Received : 2008-06-11

NVC Left : 2008-06-18

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-06-19

Packet 4 Received : 2008-07-22

Interview Date : 2008-08-27 Submit Review

Visa Received : 2008-10-02

US Entry : 2008-10-04

Marriage : 2007-12-21

Joy and I were married on 11/21/2008 and mailed in for her Green Card on 12/1/2008. Marraige agrees with Joy and I.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 131 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 217 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : San Francisco

POE Date : 2008-10-04 Submit Review

Got EAD Stamp : Yes,Passport Stamp

Biometrics Taken :

Harassment Level : 0

Comments :

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2008-12-15

NOA Date : 2008-12-20

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-01-07

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2009-03-11 Submit Review

Approval / Denial Date : 2009-03-11

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received: 2009-03-21

Comments : New Problemss but not too serious. Green Card came with the wrong Birthday and had to file I-90. We are told that it will take 6 months to replace the card.

I just wanted to update the list on the latest...... My fiance just received a call from the embassy, they told her to return to the embassy on friday and to bring all the proof of relationship documents back with her. So hear we go again. I wil keep everyone updated as things unfold .cross your fingers for us...thanks

Goodluck Hilton. My fiance was told they would contact her in three weeks which is coming up this Tuesday. Let me know what happens.

Good luck Hilton

Timeline

I just want to say thanks, and to give the list a further update... My Fiance was asked to return she was interview for over 2 hours... the main focus was where she worked over 2 years ago. she said they were very nice and polite about everything they had her write a statement about what she told them was true.. when the interview concluded they gave her the standard paper wth OTHER checked and administrative processing below that, gave her passport back and told her when they call her back in to bring that paper. They did not give a time line on when they would call her. so... thats the short and skeinney of it all to this point.... still in the holding pattern.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Where did she work 2 years ago? Any idea what about it may have set them off?

I know this was a big fear when my fiancee did hers, and she works in hair/nail salons, and hadn't been keeping track exactly where she'd worked and most are out of business.

Where did she work 2 years ago? Any idea what about it may have set them off?

I know this was a big fear when my fiancee did hers, and she works in hair/nail salons, and hadn't been keeping track exactly where she'd worked and most are out of business.

Mine was going to school off and on, but also the only job she held was helping her mom who owned some properties and motorbikes on Phuket. She didn't provide any proof of this or evidence, and they didn't even ask her.

Wonder why it was such a big deal for Hilton. Hilton, did they say why?

Devk, somehow i missed your post, congrats on being reunited!!!!

Max & Noo welcome to vj and good luck!

Kang Lang,

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. She's pretty jet lagged right now. Not super bad, but definitely jet lagged for sure.

How are you guys doing?

a jet lag trick is swimming! i don't know why it helps but it does, my husband thought i was crazy but when I made him do it last year when he returned cut his jet lag down to about 2 days.

we are doing pretty good, think we finally got his medical sorted out, he's going today to get his tb skin test result and find out if his mmr anti-body test result is back hopefully, then we can just finally file for AOS fingers crossed.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.