mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi folks -

First, congrats to Mark-N-AAm on your successful interview! That's great news - best wishes!

Afterforever - looks like things are going well - hang in there and good luck on getting an interview date as soon as possible.

Regarding birth certificate translations/issues - my fiancee and I had a number of questions - her grandparents were actually listed as her parents on her birth certificate. We are working with a local (Bangkok) immigration attorney who got everything in order for us for our original I-129F packet submission - whatever he did worked, as we had no problems with the submitted package.

In fact, I just received word today that our packet 3 has arrived. My fiancee will be signing the necessary paperwork tomorrow, and working with our lawyer's office to get the Police and Medical paperwork taken care of in the next couple of weeks. We're hoping for an interview date in the first half of January. Very exciting!

- heyx2rr

Heyx2rr, glad to see everything is moving along. Maybe we will have our interview on the same day. Good luck!!

Edited by afterforever

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Received an email from the embassy in Thailand. Our interview date is January 14th at 7:00 AM. I will be leaving to Thailand on January 6th. I cannot believe this part of the journey is almost over. I cannot wait to see my baby again. It will be six months since we last were together but it seems like a life time.

Does anybody know of a good place to stay near the embassy, so we can get there quickly on the interview day?

Good luck to everybody!!! :thumbs:

Timeline

Good luck afterforever!! :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The Meridien is about one block, if that, from the embassy. I haven't stayed in it, but I have stayed in one down south and they are amazing!

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeridien/p...angkok_overview

K1 Journey

03/22/07 - Mailed I-129 Application

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

09/06/07 - Interview Successful!

10/25/07 - P.O.E. San Francisco

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

11/09/07 - Mailed AOS & EAD

12/12/07 - Biometrics

02/04/08 - Transferred to CSC

02/16/08 - EAD Card Received

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

08/28/08 - Filed N-400 via Section 319(b)

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Good luck afterforever!! :thumbs:

Thanks ThaiStyleUSA. Where are you at in this process? Good luck on moving along quickly!

The Meridien is about one block, if that, from the embassy. I haven't stayed in it, but I have stayed in one down south and they are amazing!

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeridien/p...angkok_overview

Thanks for the info Feyser.

Filed: Timeline
Received an email from the embassy in Thailand. Our interview date is January 14th at 7:00 AM. I will be leaving to Thailand on January 6th. I cannot believe this part of the journey is almost over. I cannot wait to see my baby again. It will be six months since we last were together but it seems like a life time.

Does anybody know of a good place to stay near the embassy, so we can get there quickly on the interview day?

Afterforever - that's great news! Glad to hear your interview date is confirmed. 7am?!? Wow, the Embassy starts the day early. Good luck!

We should have our interview request in at the beginning of this week, and we're looking forward to getting the date confirmed as well.

Spent a good portion of the day today preparing and starting on repainting the inside of my house - want to make sure everything is looking great! Ha!

Keep us posted!

heyx2rr

Timeline

Afterforever - that's great news! Glad to hear your interview date is confirmed. 7am?!? Wow, the Embassy starts the day early. Good luck!

We should have our interview request in at the beginning of this week, and we're looking forward to getting the date confirmed as well.

Spent a good portion of the day today preparing and starting on repainting the inside of my house - want to make sure everything is looking great! Ha!

Keep us posted!

heyx2rr

Heyx2rr, we originally were given an interview date of December 21st but I was not able to get to Thailand that quickly, so I requested January 14th. I was shocked that they granted my request. They received my packet 3 on December 4th and gave us our original interview date on December 6th. You may have an interview before I do, if they receive your packet 3 soon. Good luck!

Timeline

did anyone happen to send the checklist in without including the two photos and a copy of the passport photo page?

we are trying to bring my wife's daughter here on a k2 and we are trying to do this from the usa. we are wondering if anyone's had the embassy accept the packet 3 checklist without the photos and passport page.

just wondering.

thanks,

dvd

Timeline

Keep us posted!

heyx2rr

Heyx2rr, we originally were given an interview date of December 21st but I was not able to get to Thailand that quickly, so I requested January 14th. I was shocked that they granted my request. They received my packet 3 on December 4th and gave us our original interview date on December 6th. You may have an interview before I do, if they receive your packet 3 soon. Good luck!

Great news and congrats to all as we all near that finish line (or is it the starting line?). I just hung up with NVC and found that they sent our file to Bangkok TODAY -- 12/12 -- and have assigned us a case number. Fortunately I'm in Bangkok as I type this, so I'll be meeting with our attorney Monday and finalizing everything. As many of you have said, I can't believe we're almost there! :thumbs:

OUR TIMELINE

06/01/07 ----- Hired US Immigration Law Thailand to Prepare Documentation, Guide Through Process

06/26/07 ----- I-129F Mailed to Texas (to California for processing)

07/02/07 ----- I-129F NOA1 (per website; never received hard copy)

11/20/07 ----- I-129F NOA2 (per website; awaiting hard copy)

11/26/07 ----- Received NOA2 hard copy

12/04/07 ----- Called NVC; nothing received from USCIS and case number not yet assigned

12/12/07 ----- CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED AND FILE MAILED TO BANGKOK EMBASSY!

12/15/07 ----- Package received @ Bangkok Embassy

12/18/07 ----- Medical, Police Background

12/22/07 ----- Packet to BKK Embassy

12/26/07 ----- Packet received by BKK Embassy; estimate 3-4 weeks until interview date is scheduled

12/27/07 ----- Packet 4 mailed by Embassy; interview scheduled!!! :-)

01/31/08 ----- SUCCESSFUL Interview: Bangkok Embassy

02/04/08 ----- Pick up Visa

02/05/08 ----- Arrive in U.S.!!!

04/05/08 ----- MARRIED - VIVA LAS VEGAS!

04/29/08 ----- Green Card / Permanent Residence Packet Arrives @ Chicago USCIS

05/05/08 ----- NOA Date

05/22/08 ----- Biometrics Appointment

04/21/09 ----- GREEN CARD ISSUED!

Timeline

Keep us posted!

heyx2rr

Great news and congrats to all as we all near that finish line (or is it the starting line?). I just hung up with NVC and found that they sent our file to Bangkok TODAY -- 12/12 -- and have assigned us a case number. Fortunately I'm in Bangkok as I type this, so I'll be meeting with our attorney Monday and finalizing everything. As many of you have said, I can't believe we're almost there! :thumbs:

Congratulations Texas Farang. Hopefully you will be able to get your packet 3 sent quickly. Maybe you will have an interview date early in January. Good luck!!

Edited by afterforever

Afterforever, thanks for the insight into the timing of the scheduling of your interview. We ended up getting our interview request filed last Tuesday - so I'm hoping that we hear back this coming week and get an interview date assigned before xmas week defers a response to the beginning of January. Our attorney believes that the interview date will likely be at the end of January, but I'm still hoping for earlier.

Tuesday was a busy day for my fiancee. She signed all the necessary paperwork at our attorney's office, went to the Police station to get the police report initiated, went to the hospital and took care of the medical exam and vaccine shots, then brought the paperwork from the hospital back to our attorney's office before they closed. Needless to say, she was exhausted by the time she got home that evening - but she was happy to have successfully taken care of so much so quickly.

Hope everyone is doing well and that things continue to progress smoothly for those of us who are nearing the end of this long process.... almost there!

- heyx2rr

Timeline

Congratulations everyone. My package has finally reached the Embassy. Thank GOD!! I'm almost there with you guys. :thumbs:

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

Congratulations everyone. My package has finally reached the Embassy. Thank GOD!! I'm almost there with you guys. :thumbs:

Great news, ThaiStyleUSA! Your fiancee should be receiving the package from the Embassy soon. I hope things continue to go well for you and that we all have Visas approved by the end of January. After all of this waiting, it's exciting seeing these last few steps lining up....

- heyx2rr

Timeline

Thanks heyx2rr; I'm glad to see everyone is doing well with the process too. This is great; we are all moving right along. Good luck to you too and everyone else as well. Happy Holidays everyone!!!!!!

Thai Style USA

Our Links:

Timeline

Congratulations!!! Hope you get an interview soon. Who knows, maybe we will see each other at the embassy. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.