Idlewild

Timeline search - add more fields

3 posts in this topic

This site has been invaluable in going through the IR1 process, particularly the timeline estimation for various stages of approval.  On the Timeline search, it's largely geared towards the USCIS I-130 stage, in terms of searchable fields. 

I'd like to be able to more easily search NVC-relevant stages.  For example, there is a nice graph showing NVC processing time in step 3 here, but I don't see a way to search for things like "NVC Received" or "Case Completed at NVC".  Can this be easily added?  I realize the NVC official site does show which cases it is working on, but VJ offers perhaps a more realistic perspective.

On 2/26/2022 at 7:44 AM, Idlewild said:

This site has been invaluable in going through the IR1 process, particularly the timeline estimation for various stages of approval.  On the Timeline search, it's largely geared towards the USCIS I-130 stage, in terms of searchable fields. 

I'd like to be able to more easily search NVC-relevant stages.  For example, there is a nice graph showing NVC processing time in step 3 here, but I don't see a way to search for things like "NVC Received" or "Case Completed at NVC".  Can this be easily added?  I realize the NVC official site does show which cases it is working on, but VJ offers perhaps a more realistic perspective.

NVC Received to Case Completed at NVC isn't a great metric to search by as it is so individual. Some people are DQed after their first submission but others have to constantly resubmit documents due to incorrectly filled out I-864s or needing to upload the correct type of birth certificate... While other people put their visa process on hold at NVC stage because they are not ready to move to the US yet. 

I do however think Case Completed at NVC would be a helpful search field. 

People are constantly asking how long it takes to get an interview after DQ. Currently we only see NOA1/NOA2 and Interview when looking at the timelines. 

You have to click on each individual timeline to see what happened in a certain case. 

I think it would be extremely useful if members can see what happens between NOA2 and Interview. When looking at the Immigration Timeline. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=&op1=3&op3=5&op5=&op6=All

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=351038

You can see in this timeline NVC to DQ took 4 months and time to interview took over a year.

It would be great if we could see several cases at a time as opposed to clicking through to individual timelines. 

13 hours ago, Kor2USA said:

People are constantly asking how long it takes to get an interview after DQ.

This stat and the time between NVC docs submitted to DQ'd would be super useful. 

In general, this forum doesn't seem to advocate for Google Docs/ etc. to show this data, but without better searching, it leaves little alternative to that option.

Ultimately, I would think this change would be easy to implement...all the data is already there, we just need a few more search boxes on the search screen.