truffles

X -RAYS

12 posts in this topic

Ok....yesterday was my last day at work - andi am now clearing up the final final stuff ( offloading my junk on people!). With only a few days to go before i actually fly can anyone confirm the current procedure on that great big brown envelope withx-rays....when i was at embassy the lady said pack it in your suitcase ( however that was april) - anything changed ? ....and my POE is Seattle ...anyone got experience of Seattle ( my experience when visiting was extremely varied - from downright casual - being asked by a young man " whats going down" when i was expecting the usual " whats the purpose of your visit" to a rather beligerant individual who seemed to rant and cast aspertions on the level of security in London)

Any advice gratefully received

Ok....yesterday was my last day at work - andi am now clearing up the final final stuff ( offloading my junk on people!). With only a few days to go before i actually fly can anyone confirm the current procedure on that great big brown envelope withx-rays....when i was at embassy the lady said pack it in your suitcase ( however that was april) - anything changed ? ....and my POE is Seattle ...anyone got experience of Seattle ( my experience when visiting was extremely varied - from downright casual - being asked by a young man " whats going down" when i was expecting the usual " whats the purpose of your visit" to a rather beligerant individual who seemed to rant and cast aspertions on the level of security in London)

How exciting!!

You are supposed to keep your X-Ray in your hand luggage so it is easily accessible at the POE. However, I don't think anyone has ever been asked to produce it. Sod's law if you put it in your suitcase, you could be the one asked, so I'd say put it in hand luggage just to be on the safe side.

As for Seattle, I can't help you, but I think you can do a search on POE's or on people who have been through particular ones somewhere on here.

Good luck on your journey over :)

Helen

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The only person on VJ who was asked for their x-ray was Luz. For every person who was told to put it in their hand luggage there is someone else who was told to put it in their suitcase.

I always say this: there is no one at POE who is medically qualified to interpret your chest x-ray. Incidentally, the interpreted results from the x-ray are in the brown envelope. The x-ray is just a souvenir! ;)

At my interview (March 15th) I was given the x-ray and told:

"You can put it in your suitcase or you can throw it in the bin - it's up to you. It's yours, you can do what you want with it".

:)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

When we went to the civil surgeon for Claudeth's supplemental vaccination sheet the doctor wanted to give her an xray so I gave him the one from her medical and saved ourselves $35!

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Timeline

truffles,

If the x-ray has any significance it will so indicate on the visa. Otherwise, you can either throw it away or save it for for viewing the next solar eclipse.

As mags wrote, one of the medical exam reports is the evaluation of the x-ray should anyone want to know what it did or did not show.

Yodrak

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I always tell people to roll up their x-ray (make sure NOT to crease it) and put it in a cardboard tube for much easier transport. There have been people who needed their x-ray later so I am hesitant to say throw the x-ray away, you just never know.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I used to live in Seattle and one time I flew in I had a NIGHTMARE with immigration.

When I first moved to America on my K1 visa I lived in Connecticut so my file was held there and a lot of processing including work permit, advance parole etc was done there.

Then I moved to Seattle and my file was moved over there.

Then I flew to the UK, then flew back to Seattle, and the immigration officer gave me half an hour of hell. He tried to tell me that I couldn't fly into Seattle with an advance parole issued in Connecticut. He had no interest in the fact that my paperwork was all perfectly legal, and that I had been through the correct process to have everything moved to Seattle.

In the end he gave up and let me in.

So watch out for immigration officers in Seattle - I'm sure most of them are fine but the one I encountered was a complete #######.

Mike and Jill's I-130 timeline

9 Jan 2007 - sent application for police record

11 Jan 2007 - posted I-130 off

17 Jan 2007 - I-130 officially filed

22 Feb 2007 - Mike received official job offer in the US

13 Apr 2007 - I-130 approved

21 Apr 2007 - packet 3 received

23 Apr 2007 - posted packet 3 to Embassy

25 Apr 2007 - packet 3 received at Embassy PO box

30 Apr 2007 - medical in London

30 Apr 2007 - received packet 4

7 Jun 2007 - interview - visa approved :-)))

9 Jun 2007 - received visa and mystery brown envelope

30 Jun 2007 - planning to move to US

Thank you one and all! - i think i will put the xrays in my case - and keep them in case of further need ( medical perhaps as AOS) ...I think the poe thing is down to luck ...lol...

Thanks guys and gals - your all stars !

Thank you one and all! - i think i will put the xrays in my case - and keep them in case of further need ( medical perhaps as AOS) ...I think the poe thing is down to luck ...lol...

Thanks guys and gals - your all stars !

Hey, I just wanted to say good luck! I know you are excited!!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Thanks a lot for the support and guidance - i am also having my 21 year old daughter come with me - she is on vacation for a month - so i knew ( because of this site) that she would need to have a letter from her employer to explain she has a permanent full time job that she has to return to - also encouraged her to book her return train ticket in advance so she can demonstrate she is going back home to UK - but it should seem reasonable to POE officer that i would want her there....i hope!

Thanks again for the good wishes -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.