Kelc

Adding a joint sponsor after DQ

6 posts in this topic

I got DQ'd but also a message indicating that I need a joint sponsor...
"This case does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p."

Do I need to submit the new joint sponsor documents online or just bring the joint sponsor documents to the consulate interview?

Just hoping they aren't holding off scheduling an interview date (after the mentioned I was DQed) until I submit a joint sponsor online

Edited by Kelc

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/21/2022 at 1:00 AM, Kelc said:

I got DQ'd but also a message indicating that I need a joint sponsor...
"This case does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p."

Do I need to submit the new joint sponsor documents online or just bring the joint sponsor documents to the consulate interview?

Just hoping they aren't holding off scheduling an interview date (after the mentioned I was DQed) until I submit a joint sponsor online

Hey did you ever receive an answer to this. Did you get the DQ message. What happened after this ?

1 minute ago, MrsSmithh said:

Hey did you ever receive an answer to this. Did you get the DQ message. What happened after this ?

Hey,

Yeah most people said no need to submit online and to just bring the joint sponsor docs to the interview. 
I had Gotten two messages, one about adding a joint sponsor and the other message indicating I am documentary qualified. So I haven’t done anything else, just waiting for a bloody interview date (although my case status is still “ at NVC:( ) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kelc said:

Hey,

Yeah most people said no need to submit online and to just bring the joint sponsor docs to the interview. 
I had Gotten two messages, one about adding a joint sponsor and the other message indicating I am documentary qualified. So I haven’t done anything else, just waiting for a bloody interview date (although my case status is still “ at NVC:( ) 

I didn’t get the DQ email letter yet I just received the one about the income guideline. My sponsor makes way above the guidelines as well, about $20000 above. So I’m confused 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Kelc said:

Hey,

Something happened to me so I’m waiting for interview date 

12 minutes ago, MrsSmithh said:

I didn’t get the DQ email letter yet I just received the one about the income guideline. My sponsor makes way above the guidelines as well, about $20000 above. So I’m confused 

You need to be DQ

13 minutes ago, MrsSmithh said:

Ah yes same thing with me! But i think It’s because mine was a foreign income and not in the US perhaps. I have just moved back to the US and now have a US based job so I’m planning to have my husband supply them my first few pay slips at his interview to see if that is acceptable, and then if not he can submit the joint sponsor paperwork. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.