Visahelp1

I-134 question

66 posts in this topic

I find the best way to keep your spouse from getting 1/2 of your assets is to have none.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I find the best way to keep your spouse from getting 1/2 of your assets is to have none.
No assets won't keep a judge from issuing support payments of 1/2 your income simply because you made a lot, she sat at home or had a low paying job, and you had a good standard of living (explanation for lack of assets).

So to add to your comment, I encourage my wife to get highly educated, work a lot, and find a high paying job. Best would be equal pay, but if she makes more, then even better, if you look at in terms of divorce anticipation.

No assets won't keep a judge from issuing support payments of 1/2 your income simply because you made a lot, she sat at home or had a low paying job, and you had a good standard of living (explanation for lack of assets).

So to add to your comment, I encourage my wife to get highly educated, work a lot, and find a high paying job. Best would be equal pay, but if she makes more, then even better, if you look at in terms of divorce anticipation.

Yeah, I forgot that part. If all goes well, I'll be sitting on my @$$ doing nothing in a few years and she'll be making the big bucks. "Divorce me now, I dare you!"

(For all those out there aghast at reading this post, I hope you note the sarcasm and also look at the picture in my profile. Like I want to divorce my wife, yeah right! Do you know how hard it is to sucker a beautiful young woman in to marrying a fat guy that's broke? Lightning can't strike twice!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Speaking of prenups...I was reading last night where this guy had met and married a girl from Lugansk 6 years ago.

He's 24 years older than her, his age now is 60, her age is 36, they have two kids, and he's two years older than her parents.

He just retired as an IT and she's just finished college and got her RN.

He said he didn't do a prenup but now wishes he had but according to the laws in his state all prenups don't always stand-up in court, especially if kids are involved.

He says he sees no problems in their marriage and they've not had any. They work hard together to support their home and family, his wife has no Russian friends and doesn't seem to want any.

He was asked about what her parents thought about him being older than they were...he stated...they finally warmed-up to the idea once they got to see their first grand daughter and then when the second one came along her dad wanted to know at his age if he had anything left in him for a third. :lol:

bruc

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
all prenups don't always stand-up in court, especially if kids are involved.
No prenup regarding child support stands up in court. The state has a great interest in children. Your prenup might be approved by the judge in regards to child support, but its the judge that has the final say on this subject unlike your prenup concerning the spouses.

Example:

Yes, one can waive all rights to him or herself, but will still collect child support as the court seems fit.

I heard something about Texas having a per-child cap on child support, regardless of income... anyone know about this?

Русский форум член.

Timeline
(For all those out there aghast at reading this post, I hope you note the sarcasm and also look at the picture in my profile. Like I want to divorce my wife, yeah right! Do you know how hard it is to sucker a beautiful young woman in to marrying a fat guy that's broke? Lightning can't strike twice!)

gotta love the enlightenment slim brings to the VJ forum

For my last divorce, I made it easy on myself; I gave her everything plus $1000 a month for 5 years; it was cheaper than fighting over it in court or paying it all to an attorney.

October 01, 2007 Package mailed to Vermont

October 02, 2007 Package delivered to Vermont at 10:06 by FedEx

October 03, 2007 NOA1 Notice Date

October 07, 2007 Touched

October 09, 2007 NOA1 Snail Mail

October 11, 2007 Check Cashed

October 23, 2007 Touched, suspect because of change of address by Petitioner

October 24, 2007 Touched again, no idea why

January 10, 2008 Touched

January 11, 2008 Touched again

January 16, 2008 Officially canceled but we will find a way to be together, either in Holland or some other country.

For my last divorce, I made it easy on myself; I gave her everything plus $1000 a month for 5 years; it was cheaper than fighting over it in court or paying it all to an attorney.

Everything plus $60,000?

That guy Tonya Harding used was less than that! I think he's out on probation now if you wanna give him a call.

Русский форум член.

This post (and my last post above) got me thinking....

How does divorce/alimony/child support work in Russia. For some reason, I just can't see the system working the same way. (That's why my above post really got me thinking. What Russian man in his right mind would give a woman $60,000 when he could just "hire" someone to take care of her?)

I've never heard about what goes on over there. Some of you have divorced wives/fiancees... how did it work out for them? Did they get alimony or child support? Is there a "standard" or usual way it works out. What are the expectations of women who divorce their husbands? Or, are they entitled to anything at all?

Curiosity only here, but maybe those of us without prenups would like to "move to Russia" before we get divorced. Could save us $60,000!!!!

Русский форум член.

Timeline

At the time, the money was not a problem, paid her off in 2 years to get it over with. We are the best of friends now so it was worth it.

October 01, 2007 Package mailed to Vermont

October 02, 2007 Package delivered to Vermont at 10:06 by FedEx

October 03, 2007 NOA1 Notice Date

October 07, 2007 Touched

October 09, 2007 NOA1 Snail Mail

October 11, 2007 Check Cashed

October 23, 2007 Touched, suspect because of change of address by Petitioner

October 24, 2007 Touched again, no idea why

January 10, 2008 Touched

January 11, 2008 Touched again

January 16, 2008 Officially canceled but we will find a way to be together, either in Holland or some other country.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
This post (and my last post above) got me thinking....

How does divorce/alimony/child support work in Russia. For some reason, I just can't see the system working the same way. (That's why my above post really got me thinking. What Russian man in his right mind would give a woman $60,000 when he could just "hire" someone to take care of her?)

I've never heard about what goes on over there. Some of you have divorced wives/fiancees... how did it work out for them? Did they get alimony or child support? Is there a "standard" or usual way it works out. What are the expectations of women who divorce their husbands? Or, are they entitled to anything at all?

Curiosity only here, but maybe those of us without prenups would like to "move to Russia" before we get divorced. Could save us $60,000!!!!

Russian men just leave with a tooth brush in their pocket... If there is not much estate to divide, that's what usually happens in regular families. He just moves back in with his mommy!

Seriously, I am not sure about the legal proceedings, but I know first hand a couple of examples of tooth-brush leaving. Alimony and child support are paid, you don't need a reason to get divorced... Other than that nothing comes to my mind.

At the time, the money was not a problem, paid her off in 2 years to get it over with. We are the best of friends now so it was worth it.

You can send me a check for $59,000 and we can be the best of friends too. Act now, and you'll receieve a free pair of tickets to the ballgame for you and your new best friend.

But wait, there's more. Send your payment in the next 15 minutes and we'll include not one, but two, count 'em, TWO new best of friends.

And the savings don't stop there. Your new best of friends offer, for the low, low price of just $59,000 gets you not one, but Two best of friends, tickets to the ballgame, and now we're including, at no extra cost, this wonderful new set of foldable, stackable, take-anywhere, microwave safe, 32 piece storage dish set for you and your new best friends to use after the ballgame. (You just cover the cost of shipping.)

Hurry, supplies are limited. Act now to reserve yours. Operators are standing by, don't delay!

Divorce sucks. It's a shame it doesn't end up in an infomercial type 30-minute program. Might actually make your "best of friends" feel bad for raking you over the coals. Probably not, though. But it would be funny for the rest of us to watch. Way better than the Ronco food dehydrator.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

My fiance's husband dumped out on her 2 years after their baby was born. He moved to Italy, has not seen the kid nor has he even sent her a birthday card and she's now a teenager.

My fiance has a friend that has a kid by a man she wasn't married to 12 years ago that dumped out on her also. He does have a relationship with their kid and has always tried to help her support the kid.

Difference in morals and personalities I suppose.

Neither of the girls said they could not find a husband because the Russian men didn't want to marry a woman with another man's kid.

My future step-daughter and myself are the winners in all of this...her dad is the looser because she's an awesome kid with a heart of gold.

bruc

Timeline
I was looking at the guidelines on what to send my finance now that the noa2 has been approved. I am a little confused about the i-134 document. here is what I gather

1 everybody has to fill this form out?

2 i need to have it notarized and i need to send it to Elina with the rest of the things mentioned? and she just brings it to the interview at the embassy?

also, do i need to have anything else notarized?

I am a little confused about this document and why i need to fill it out if any one can help, i already sent all my tax documents in the i-129f.

The information you have here is good and accurate. As I understand, they may not even ask for the I-134 or supporting documents, but you have to have it. Be sure you also send her all the originals of the documents you submitted with the I-129F (i.e., your bith certificate, etc., etc.) Also, you are to send another letter of intent to marry with a date closer to the time of your interview. she also has to bring a photo for her passport.

9/5/2004 met

7/4/2006 visited for 1 week in Russia (Independence Day!)

12/26/06 three week visit in the U.S.

4/6/07 He came to US for 6 glorious weeks

5/20/07 He returned to Ufa, RU

5/24/07 Mailed I-129F to NSC!!!!!

5/25/07 Received and signed for by F Heinauer, NSC

6/11/07 NOA1 (NEVER received hard copy)

8/23/07 Ramzis comes to America for another visit

10/02/07 Ramzis returns to Russia

11/06/07 NOA2 at LAST!!!

12/17/07 Received at NVC (at last!)

12/18/07 Sent to Moscow Embassy & New NVC Case Number

12/21/07 Received at 11:08 a.m. Moscow Embassy

1/25/08 Received packet from Embassy

03/07/08 Interview 8:00 a.m. Moscow Embassy! VISA APPROVED!!!

03/13/08 Visa in Hand

03/14/08 Flying to U.S. - Detroit POE

03/15/08 Our Wedding Day!

AOS Timeline

3/21/08 - Packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

3/24/08 - Packet received and signed for

3/28/08 - NOA1 received in the mail - EAD & AOS - check cashed

4/15/08 - Biometrics

5/5/08 - AOS interview notice received in the mail (will be in Detroit, June 12, 2008)

6/2/08 - EAD card ordered (CRIS email)

6/5/08 - EAD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL

6/12/08 - Permanent Resident APPROVAL! Green Card on the Way!

6/23/08 - Green Card Received!!!

Timeline

Prenup:

Yesterday I was in a trout stream with a lawyer ( has fiance in Ukraine )and we had a discussion about a prenup in Georgia.

He told me that I had inherited my family business and had also made my daughters partners in our business.

I had also inherited my family vacation home..all of this was done with a Living Will from my parents before they died.

My home here in the mountains is also considered a gift from them and in Georgia anything that you receive as a gift

cannot be touched by a spouse unless she was also on the deeds or in the Will, etc.

All our vehicles are registered to our business so they can't be touched either from a spouse.

The only thing that could be in favor of a spouse would be any monies, properties, etc that were in my name or our names together not inherited.

He said the manly thing to do in case something happened to me, and he knew I would do it, would be to make sure that my wife and step-daughter were provided for after my death or an accident until she had remarried if that be the case.

He said you also have a Living Will and I feel certain that you will not leave your new wife and step-daughter out in the cold, even if she dumped out on you.

I think basically what he was telling me that I didn't need a prenup.

We started catching trout then and that became our priority !!

bruc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.