help_GC

Question regarding name while filling I-130, I-485 etc forms for parents.

1 post in this topic

Last name dilemma: On my mom's passport her last name is left blank and entire name is in First Name. While filing I-130 and other applications, shall I leave the last name blank and put her entire name in first name? Her US Visa has FNU as first name and entire name in last name. On her birth certificate there is only section for Name ( doesn't state first or last name) where she has her entire name. I have been filling all her paper work they way it is in passport i.e. leave last name blank and have her entire name  in First name unless it specifically asks to list name per I-94 or Visa. Is this approach right?

Passport:  Last Name : ( blank)  First Name : Ma Be

Visa:          Last Name: Ma Be , First Name : FNU 

I-94:           Last Name: Ma Be , First Name : FNU 

In a perfect world I would like to be  First Name : Ma , Last Name: Be

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
“;}