Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,971 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Angola
Timeline
17 minutes ago, nmanc33 said:

Was the funding from US government or university?

I will likely reach out when the time is right, so they can at-least keep an eye out for sponsor views when it's requested. Was your sponsor ECA?

Also a question, do you know a person there you can reach out to? I honestly don't even know anyone like I said my program (I was eleven years ago on this program!) it was under a different agency, then another agency took over and now another one… I found their email but I have no idea who the people there are. 

1 hour ago, Sabina Bart said:

US Gov I believe, but it was not even a four-year college so it's not a lot. I don't even know whom to reach like I said my program was suspended for a while and then it changed couple of times it's co sponsors… so I am not sure. 

When did DOS receive your case? 

Who was the original sponsor on DS-2019 (ECA/x/x for example) or something else and did your program number have a G-1, G-2, etc?

1 hour ago, Sabina Bart said:

Also a question, do you know a person there you can reach out to? I honestly don't even know anyone like I said my program (I was eleven years ago on this program!) it was under a different agency, then another agency took over and now another one… I found their email but I have no idea who the people there are. 

Congressman/Congresswoman would be your best bet.

My hardship case, which arrived at DOS on May 04, 2023, just got sent for sponsor views. My sponsor was DOS. Happy with some movement. I just want to know one way or the other. So tired of waiting. 

Does anyone know how long the sponsor views usually take from DOS?

Edited by corgidance

Timeline
41 minutes ago, corgidance said:

My hardship case, which arrived at DOS on May 04, 2023, just got sent for sponsor views. My sponsor was DOS. Happy with some movement. I just want to know one way or the other. So tired of waiting. 

Wow Lucky you! Have you contacted your congressman to help you so they send the sponsor views? My case is before yours and I am still waiting :( 

55 minutes ago, corgidance said:

I also want to share the same update! my hardship case reached DOS on May 24th, 2023 and I just saw now that they requested Sponsor views yesterday! at long last some movement!! My sponsor is also the DOS . No idea how long the sponsor views step takes, can be few weeks to a few months now. Fingers crossed for a favorable outcome . 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wyboxcx said:

I also want to share the same update! my hardship case reached DOS on May 24th, 2023 and I just saw now that they requested Sponsor views yesterday! at long last some movement!! My sponsor is also the DOS . No idea how long the sponsor views step takes, can be few weeks to a few months now. Fingers crossed for a favorable outcome . 

Damn that is fast! Lucky you guys!! Mine is earlier and I am still waiting :( discouraging! Did you talk to the congressman to help you? 

Just now, Sabina Bart said:

Damn that is fast! Lucky you guys!! Mine is earlier and I am still waiting :( discouraging! Did you talk to the congressman to help you? 

Thank you! It's stressful because right now it can go either way, Fulbright is difficult. 

If I were you, I would definitely be reaching out to the DOS or your Congressman and demanding a decision. This is definitely not fair. 

2 minutes ago, Sabina Bart said:

You can also consider filing a write of mandamus. if you have the money. I think these lawsuits are playing a role because DOS is suddenly working faster.

4 minutes ago, Sabina Bart said:

I did one time last year and the DOS sent a boilerplate response that was completely unhelpful. Mind you they only responded to the congressman after multiple emails I have sent them myself went unanswered. They never once replied to my emails. Absurd 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Wyboxcx said:

Thank you! It's stressful because right now it can go either way, Fulbright is difficult. 

If I were you, I would definitely be reaching out to the DOS or your Congressman and demanding a decision. This is definitely not fair. 

You can also consider filing a write of mandamus. if you have the money. I think these lawsuits are playing a role because DOS is suddenly working faster.

Yep I will start with congressman, i am a bit scared to do Mandamus to be honest plus it's gov funding. So you are Fulbright? If you don't mind me asking was your hardship towards spouse and kids or just US spouse?

20 hours ago, corgidance said:

Can't figure out how to reply to comments here. But no, I didn't contact a representative or do anything but sit and wait. I highly doubt that contacting my congressperson from Texas would have helped things. I really hope that DOS is speeding up their processes now and all still waiting will get answers soon.

was your sponsor ECA?

7 hours ago, corgidance said:

I think so. The program website just says sponsored by DOS. It's not Fulbright. But it's a high school exchange program, so likely that the sponsor is ECA, but I'm not 100% sure.

Got it! That's great that it made it to DOS!

What was the funding amount they put on the DS-2019?

Timeline
2 hours ago, j1_nocwaiver said:

Hi All

Wanted to share my news with you all. Got the DOS favorable recommendation on Jan 4. Got the USCIS final letter on January 24. I am a Fulbright scholar, applied for the NOC in 2019, got rejected, and then applied for hardship. After 5 years of sleepless nights, hardship, and anxiousness, finally I can see the sunny rays. Almighty is great, please have patience. That is the only key to this waiting game. 

Screenshot (260).png

Congratulations!! This is such a relief!! If you don’t mind me asking was yours geared towards your spouse or child or both? Thank you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.