Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,975 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Angola
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Hardship_waiver said:

2022? No way. They have still not finished 2021 cases. Now holiday season is here and work will resume in 2024. 

"Process it asap" emails are generic and I am getting these replies from the last 1.5 year.

see.PNG

I am counting since the time they received I-612 not the statement, is this yours? I feel like it’s coming for you soon! 

Hi everyone. I had my hardship waiver approved recently 19 months after my i612 was sent to the DOS. My lawyer filed family based i485 as well in September 2021 and I had an interview in April 2022 while my i612 was still pending. The officer didn’t deny my 485 but didn’t approve it either and my case was sent to another office of Jurisdiction since then. 
my question now since my waiver is already approved by the DOS and recently by USCIS, how long will it take to have my 485 approved if anybody knows?. I appreciate your input. 

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Fisha said:

Hi everyone. I had my hardship waiver approved recently 19 months after my i612 was sent to the DOS. My lawyer filed family based i485 as well in September 2021 and I had an interview in April 2022 while my i612 was still pending. The officer didn’t deny my 485 but didn’t approve it either and my case was sent to another office of Jurisdiction since then. 
my question now since my waiver is already approved by the DOS and recently by USCIS, how long will it take to have my 485 approved if anybody knows?. I appreciate your input. 

Congratulations on your approval. I think you should send a copy of the approval from USCIS to the office where your case is being adjudicated with a copy of your receipt notice for I-485 since that may be the likely reason your case is pending. You are fortunate your case was not denied outright since you did not have a basis to adjust your status before hardship waiver approval. 

18 hours ago, Fisha said:

Congratulations! Did you have a sponsor?

On 11/21/2023 at 9:24 PM, Fisha said:

Congrats. Did you have government funding??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.