Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,975 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2023 at 1:53 PM, Mickey344 said:

The page is quiet. Any approvals this week to motivate us while waiting?

Nope, I assume it is end of year and there probably will not be any progress on waiver cases especially hardship waivers. It is ridicules man, they tell you to come in legally, when you do they punish you for it. So sad!!

1 hour ago, DrFood said:

Nope, I assume it is end of year and there probably will not be any progress on waiver cases especially hardship waivers. It is ridicules man, they tell you to come in legally, when you do they punish you for it. So sad!!

There is a big flaw in legislation regarding i-612 hardship waivers. 

Previously they used to decide in 4-6 months and people used to get that while being in status. Now, 90% people get out of status while waiting for this hardship waiver. Unlike i-601, this waiver is much much longer and doesn't provide any status to stay and can't be filed concurrently with i-485. So, now this category brings miseries for everyone who files that. 

They should either end this category if they don't have resources to process them or decide (even if denial) within their published processing time. Quite unethical what's going on. 

Filed: Other Country: Angola
Timeline
1 hour ago, DrFood said:

Yep! In fact I know so many people who did stayed here (did documents) illegally and now legal after all 🤣 they always punish you if you do it right! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, DrFood said:

Also I am still hopeful! It seems that they make decisions at the end of every month?! So I am hopeful, maybe?! There is some time left before holidays. Though with Gov shutdown soon not sure how that will affect the cases.

7 minutes ago, Sabina Bart said:

Also I am still hopeful! It seems that they make decisions at the end of every month?! So I am hopeful, maybe?! There is some time left before holidays. Though with Gov shutdown soon not sure how that will affect the cases.

Staying hopeful is best to avoid stress/hardship. How long this hope can stay is what is crucial as this is a black box process with no actual path. 

I was hopeful that they will decide my case by 13th month (as per their published time) but now it's 21st month. Reply is same:" all documents received and case will be processed in coming weeks/months". 

Many juniors I know have already got decisions. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hardship_waiver said:

Staying hopeful is best to avoid stress/hardship. How long this hope can stay is what is crucial as this is a black box process with no actual path. 

I was hopeful that they will decide my case by 13th month (as per their published time) but now it's 21st month. Reply is same:" all documents received and case will be processed in coming weeks/months". 

Many juniors I know have already got decisions. 

I am sorry :( what do you mean by juniors? But hey don’t lose hope! Try to distract yourself, life is stressful enough as it is. I have been working with therapist myself to try to avoid external stressors, even though it’s hard but it’s possible to focus on something else meanwhile. Take a walk, enjoy nature, meet a friend-many things you could do. 

1 hour ago, Wyboxcx said:

Also, I have noticed that they did not publish the statistics on how many J-1 waivers they approved or denied for the fiscal year 2022. The last available data is from 2021. It’s almost the end of 2023…

Lol maybe they will try to rush.. who knows 🤷🏽‍♀️

2 hours ago, Sabina Bart said:

I am sorry :( what do you mean by juniors? But hey don’t lose hope! Try to distract yourself, life is stressful enough as it is. I have been working with therapist myself to try to avoid external stressors, even though it’s hard but it’s possible to focus on something else meanwhile. Take a walk, enjoy nature, meet a friend-many things you could do. 

Lol maybe they will try to rush.. who knows 🤷🏽‍♀️

By juniors, I mean those whose cases were received after mine already got decisions 6 months ago. 

So, you applied for hardship on your relative and now you yourself are in hardship. That's story of every other case.

The relaxing tactics also work for a few months, not years. 

I wish all the new cases don't have to go through all this. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.