roh0808

India Tourist E-Visa

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Does anyone know when will India officially open e-visa applications for tourists again? I still don't see the option to apply on the website: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

In media there have been news about India opening up tourist visas for chartered flight tourists from Oct 15 and commercial flight tourists from Nov 15. 

Appreciate any guidance on this. Thank you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am literally refreshing that page for it to be updated. I am guessing that the "temporary suspended" status won't change until Monday 18 Oct 21. The reason being:

- Friday 15 Oct 21 is Dussehra holiday in India which is a very big deal.

If, on Monday, that page is not updated. I will lose my mind!

Edited by Ozzy Oz

My friend and I are US citizens and want to go to a friend’s wedding in India. We need tourist visas and saw the news that they open Nov 15. We were planning to fly out on Nov 15 evening from New York. My questions are:

1. are we able to get the visa earlier on our passports but use it after Nov 15 or do we need to apply on nov 15?

2. does india do visa on arrival?

if you can provide any guidance, that would be greatly appreciated 

Timeline
6 hours ago, visahelp1678 said:

My friend and I are US citizens and want to go to a friend’s wedding in India. We need tourist visas and saw the news that they open Nov 15. We were planning to fly out on Nov 15 evening from New York. My questions are:

1. are we able to get the visa earlier on our passports but use it after Nov 15 or do we need to apply on nov 15?

2. does india do visa on arrival?

if you can provide any guidance, that would be greatly appreciated 

1. I do not know.

2. There is no visa on arrival for Americans. Americans would need to get an eVisa before travelling to India. https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html this is the website to apply for an eVisa.

Edited by Ozzy Oz

Timeline

https://boi.gov.in/content/foreign-nationals-intending-visit-india-tourism-are-allowed-enter-india-e-tourist-visa
Updated on the 16th. I still don't know why we are not able to purchase e-visa's yet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I got the eTourist Visa last week with the granted ETA. What I am now reading, is that it is for chartered flights and group tourism. I called and checked the Help Desk no, quoted on the web site. They mentioned that you will be allowed to enter only if you are part of a group. For general individual tourists it is only applicable from Nov 15th. Did anyone travel on this tourist visa? I have a need to go to India to attend a wedding in the second week of Nov (before Nov 15th). I guess Vande Bharat AI flights qualify as Charter flights, but one needs to be in a group tourism.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.