RM1996

Pending CR1 visa - travelling on B1

20 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, HRQX said:

I'm curious. Why did you get a B-1/B-2 instead of travelling under the VWP?

i got a b1/2 visa 2 years ago :) applied for our cr1 visa march this year 

Just now, RM1996 said:

i got a b1/2 visa 2 years ago :) applied for our cr1 visa march this year 

i accidently clicked having a criminal history on an ESTA when i was trying to go over the first time. was strange! i don't have one. so before covid hit we were planning on going over and i had to apply for a b1/2 to get a visa into the states, then had to cancel my flights due to covid

On 10/9/2021 at 8:35 AM, RM1996 said:

Hi! 

My partner who is a US citizen is planning on moving back to America - we are currently living in Australia together, waiting for our NOA2. I have my B1 visa and wanting to stay with her over there for 6 months while we wait for my CR1 visa interview. 

I’m only worried because I will have to quit my job and end my lease with her. Will this be enough information to tie me back to Australia? 

- Savings (more than enough to support me over there)
- Credit cards, bank statements in Australia (I pay an annual fee on my credit card)
- Phone Bill 
- Australian Private health insurance 
- A letter from petitioner saying I’ll be staying for 6 months 
- Work documentation from Petitioner jobs
- Return trip booked 
- Strong ties to Family (letter from a doctor - family members are sick) 
- Travel insurance 
- Nursing registration 
- Marriage certificate 

I was planning on selling my car prior but I can keep it if this will support my case by having my registration papers, and the x2 insurances on it. 

Hi everyone, 

please refer to my newest post - my partner is not moving over to the states now, we are visiting for a bit over 4 weeks for christmas & new years. She plans on moving back April 2022 :)

4 minutes ago, RM1996 said:

please refer to my newest post - my partner is not moving over to the states now, we are visiting for a bit over 4 weeks for christmas & new years. She plans on moving back April 2022 :)

~~~Similar topics merged for reference~~~

10 minutes ago, RM1996 said:

Just wanting to know what everyone's experiences were travelling to the states with a pending CR1 visa (still waiting on NOA2) with A B1/2 visa. i am going to the states from Australia with my partner and will be staying there for a bit over 4 weeks in December. I am getting nervous i'll be refused at the borders as this is my first time travelling there... 

I will be bringing strong documentation tying me back to Australia, such as;

- lease

- NOA 1 & marriage certificate

- private health insurance

- car rego & insurance

- return ticket, my partner & myself are leaving at the same time - our tickets are non refundable and are not flexi

- job contract

- receipt from our cat sitter

- phone bill & other bills

- bank statements showing $$$ i can use over there + credit cards

Any advice on what to do prior before leaving? do i need to apply for anything with my B1/2 visa prior. Just feeling the nerves as i really want to spend Christmas with my partners family for the first time!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.