anworm

Deadline for additional document submission

5 posts in this topic

Hi. I received an email from KCC during the last week of August asking for the additional documentation needed to proceed with the DV process. 
I haven't sent them yet because I am getting married this month so I'm waiting for that to add my spouse to DS-260 and to all all the documents required according to my new marital status.

Is there any inconvenient in taking some time to send the documents? Is there any deadline or recommendable maximum time to send the required documents?

Thank you :)

Edited by anworm

No problem with waiting a few weeks. After you get married, you will need to update your DS260 to add your new spouse, and (assuming she will come with you ) to submit a DS260 for her. Both of you will then need to submit appropriate documents. Given that it takes KCC a few weeks to respond to requests to unlock DS260s, suggest you email them now with an unlock request so that there is not further delay waiting for that after you get married. 

The point at which it endangers your case by waiting is probably only around May next year, so you should be well within that.

Thank you! I don't think I'll need to request for KCC to unlock DS260 because I am still able to edit information and view the Add button on the website.

That's great news, because I'll most likely have all documents by the first two weeks of october the latest. So it shouldn't be a problem. So I'll just gather all documents and after the marriage I'll add the new person to DS-260 and send an email with all of our documentation to KCC.

Thank you Susie!

3 hours ago, anworm said:

Thank you! I don't think I'll need to request for KCC to unlock DS260 because I am still able to edit information and view the Add button on the website.

That's great news, because I'll most likely have all documents by the first two weeks of october the latest. So it shouldn't be a problem. So I'll just gather all documents and after the marriage I'll add the new person to DS-260 and send an email with all of our documentation to KCC.

Thank you Susie!

Curious, if the DS260 was submitted properly you shouldn’t  be able to edit, but you would not have received the document request if it was not submitted properly so it must have been…. Anyway, if you are sure you can edit it’s no problem. All sounds on track, anyway.

22 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Curious, if the DS260 was submitted properly you shouldn’t  be able to edit, but you would not have received the document request if it was not submitted properly so it must have been…. Anyway, if you are sure you can edit it’s no problem. All sounds on track, anyway.

Ah, you are quite right actually. The Edit option is available but when I click I can't actually edit it. Thank you for alerting for the strange behaviour (that was nor actually happening 😅  )
I can add new new applicants, however. 
I'll promptly request KCC to unblock my DS-260 so I can later update the marital status. 

Again, thank you so much for your kind help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.