Olivia.H

London F2B Appointment (or other FB visas)

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

From what I can read in this forum, it seems like there has been quite a lot of progress with IR1/CR1 visas, but I'm not sure what does this mean for FB categories... In my case (F2B visa application), my priority date is March 2015 and I have been 'documentarily qualified' since January '21. I have been getting the 60 day reminder emails, but it's hard to gauge how much longer I'll have to wait for an interview.

Has anybody had an appointment set up for one of the FB categories? Is anybody else also waiting and what's your 'documentarily qualified' dates?

On 8/27/2021 at 9:24 AM, Olivia.H said:

I was born in New Zealand, but I have been living in the UK for quite some time.

We are fb-4 and DQ 31 April ,usual 60 days reminder email but no progress 

Seems focus is only on marriage visas which is pretty much smooth now (no backlog )

All F2 categories are going really slow current waiting time is about year after DQ date.

I think embessay focus on Afghan issue so things will b little slow before picking up next month .

On 8/26/2021 at 8:44 PM, Olivia.H said:

Hi all,

From what I can read in this forum, it seems like there has been quite a lot of progress with IR1/CR1 visas, but I'm not sure what does this mean for FB categories... In my case (F2B visa application), my priority date is March 2015 and I have been 'documentarily qualified' since January '21. I have been getting the 60 day reminder emails, but it's hard to gauge how much longer I'll have to wait for an interview.

Has anybody had an appointment set up for one of the FB categories? Is anybody else also waiting and what's your 'documentarily qualified' dates?

Hi Olivia, 

I'm in the F1 Category (unmarried son of US Citizen). My PD is current and i've been DQ's since Sept 2020. I'm hoping for good news soon. I'll update as soon as i hear anything from London.  

Dan 

15 hours ago, danb1978 said:

Hi Olivia, 

I'm in the F1 Category (unmarried son of US Citizen). My PD is current and i've been DQ's since Sept 2020. I'm hoping for good news soon. I'll update as soon as i hear anything from London.  

Dan 

Hi Dan,

I do hope you get good news soon! It'd be much appreciated if you post an update when you hear about your interview, I guess mine would be a couple of months after yours. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! 

Great news! I woke up to an email this morning letting me know that they have scheduled an interview for the end of October! 

I'm so excited! I'm hoping for good news for everyone else waiting for interviews in London soon! 

Dan 

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, Olivia.H said:

Hi, after a long wait I've just received an interview appointment for the end of January! For those waiting, I'm in the F2B category and I was DQ on the 22nd January 2021.

Amazing news! I waited about a year with my category too. Best of luck for your interview and don’t worry too much about it. Mine was fairly straightforward! They only asked me two questions. 

On 12/31/2021 at 1:57 PM, danb1978 said:

Amazing news! I waited about a year with my category too. Best of luck for your interview and don’t worry too much about it. Mine was fairly straightforward! They only asked me two questions. 

Thanks Dan! Glad to hear yours went well. How long did it take to get the passport back after the interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.