AAnil

IR2 Visa appointments in Mumbai

11 posts in this topic

As per the information in their website, it says that, since 7 June 2021, the Mumbai Consulate is issuing appointments for immigrant visa. However, I have not seen anyone (or maybe 1 or 2) posting (in this forum) a IR visa interview date for Aug/Sep 2021. Any idea what's going on or when to expect IR visa dates for Sep 2021 (in Mumbai)?

Thanks.

Anil

This morning I happened to get through the NVC number. And I was told that the Mumbai Consulate is issuing appointments (for IR visa) only for emergency cases. But that is inconsistent with what I see on the Mumbai Consulate website. Over there, it says "since 7 June 2021, the Mumbai Consulate is issuing appointments for immigrant visa".

I am confused.  Clearly, one of them has not updated the portal.  I was wondering if someone knows from experience or can make an educated guess on which message is more likely to be accurate? 

Thanks.

Anil

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

One of my known person from Pune has received her final interview call for 16th of Sep 2021. She falls under IR 1 category and her DQ was of 12 Nov 2020. That means IV interviews are taking place at Mumbai Consulate and as per the priorit,y Spouse Visa always gets the first priority.

2 hours ago, NCW2020 said:

One of my known person from Pune has received her final interview call for 16th of Sep 2021. She falls under IR 1 category and her DQ was of 12 Nov 2020. That means IV interviews are taking place at Mumbai Consulate and as per the priorit,y Spouse Visa always gets the first priority.

Thanks for your update. Since the NVC or the Consulate does not disclose a whole lot regarding the timelines for the interview wait times, it leaves us all with many anxious moments. It is good to read your update because it seems to be consistent with my observation. Just that I wasn't seeing anything to backup my observation. So now reading about your friend's update is a good news. I am looking forward to the data for August IR visa issuance. Hopefully, it will add to my optimism. 

Keeping fingers crossed. Wishing you all the best for your case.

Anil

On 9/10/2021 at 4:42 AM, NCW2020 said:

Did your friend get a pre-interview letter? If yes, how many days gap between the pre-interview letter and the interview letter?

Thanks.

Anil

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, AAnil said:

Did your friend get a pre-interview letter? If yes, how many days gap between the pre-interview letter and the interview letter?

Thanks.

Anil

Yes,she got one month notice to complete her other rituals,such as Bio metric and Medical Check up. She  got her IV for US day before yesterday and she will get her Passport duly stamped within  a span of one weeks time from VFS office At Pune. Where is your case and what is the latest on it?

On 9/18/2021 at 12:49 AM, NCW2020 said:

Yes,she got one month notice to complete her other rituals,such as Bio metric and Medical Check up. She  got her IV for US day before yesterday and she will get her Passport duly stamped within  a span of one weeks time from VFS office At Pune. Where is your case and what is the latest on it?

My case is DQed in Feb 2021 and I am awaiting an interview date in Mumbai. Based on the posts I have been reading here, my educated guess is that we might get something in December.

• 2 months later...
On 9/21/2021 at 8:12 PM, AAnil said:

My case is DQed in Feb 2021 and I am awaiting an interview date in Mumbai. Based on the posts I have been reading here, my educated guess is that we might get something in December.

Any update on IL ?

Not very significant. The updates coming from the NVC and US Consulate in Mumbai are very confusing to understand. As per the visa issuance monthly stats, the Consulate is indeed issuing IR visas. However, the NVC customer service (as of last week) continues to tell that the consulate is closed for new appointments. In which case, one has to assume that they are working on backlog and not giving "new appointments". But then there is no clarity as to what constitutes 'backlog'. In theory, everything pending till yesterday could be considered backlog. 

In short, very little updates, and the wait is very frustrating. However, frustration is not a good feeling. So it helps me to be mindful that in the large scheme of things, my situation is not so bad. There are several others who are heavily impacted from the covid situation, and their situation is a lot worst than mine. 

I wish you good luck.

Anil

49 minutes ago, AAnil said:

Not very significant. The updates coming from the NVC and US Consulate in Mumbai are very confusing to understand. As per the visa issuance monthly stats, the Consulate is indeed issuing IR visas. However, the NVC customer service (as of last week) continues to tell that the consulate is closed for new appointments. In which case, one has to assume that they are working on backlog and not giving "new appointments". But then there is no clarity as to what constitutes 'backlog'. In theory, everything pending till yesterday could be considered backlog. 

In short, very little updates, and the wait is very frustrating. However, frustration is not a good feeling. So it helps me to be mindful that in the large scheme of things, my situation is not so bad. There are several others who are heavily impacted from the covid situation, and their situation is a lot worst than mine. 

I wish you good luck.

Anil

Understood completely. Everyone pending in queue for IL are going through lot of frustration at the moment. I wish everyone best luck and hopefully everyone will heard something good soon!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
On 9/21/2021 at 8:12 PM, AAnil said:

hello 

did you received anything yet  my dq date in march 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.