John B 3

Argentina CR1/IR1 Appointment Scheduling

10 posts in this topic

Hello to all of my waiting-in-purgatory mates!

My wife and my case was DQ'd on 7/22 and we have yet to be scheduled. Based on what I have been able to glean from the experiences/timelines of others, the embassy in Arg seems to be taking around 3-4 weeks to schedule interviews. I wanted to start a new thread for those of us in line to be able to track each other's progress.

John

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Mil&Mar said:

Hi, my husband and I got the DQ yesterday (August 24) so we are now waiting too. It would be great to know the other's progress. Let's keep in touch! Good luck!

Terrific! As far as I know we are the only ones ‘in the queue’ to be scheduled at NVC. We are on day 34 after DQ. From what I see, others in our situation this year had to wait about 45 days to be scheduled. Impossible to know if that will be our experience, but feels great having another couple aboard to be able to compare! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 9:57 PM, John B 3 said:

Terrific! As far as I know we are the only ones ‘in the queue’ to be scheduled at NVC. We are on day 34 after DQ. From what I see, others in our situation this year had to wait about 45 days to be scheduled. Impossible to know if that will be our experience, but feels great having another couple aboard to be able to compare! :)

Hi John! Since you are the only ones here, did you have any news from the Embassy? And also we were wondering if you have received any update on your case after DQ, because our status case doesn't change at all (continue showing the message "at NVC" on the website https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx ).

3 minutes ago, Mil&Mar said:

Hi John! Since you are the only ones here, did you have any news from the Embassy? And also we were wondering if you have received any update on your case after DQ, because our status case doesn't change at all (continue showing the message "at NVC" on the website https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx ).

Mil&Mar,

Nothing yet.. two others in our position earlier in the year waited 44 days and we are now on day 47, so hopefully soon.

Honestly, I have been apart from my wife for 6 months now so I am flying down to Argentina to be with her (we are trying to get the apostille on our arg wedding certificate so I can enter Argentina). As you know, it is just awful not being told anything and having to wait in the dark. Stay strong!

3 hours ago, John B 3 said:

Mil&Mar,

Nothing yet.. two others in our position earlier in the year waited 44 days and we are now on day 47, so hopefully soon.

Honestly, I have been apart from my wife for 6 months now so I am flying down to Argentina to be with her (we are trying to get the apostille on our arg wedding certificate so I can enter Argentina). As you know, it is just awful not being told anything and having to wait in the dark. Stay strong!

Oh yes, we understand, it's been really frustrating all these months of waiting. But this is the final step and you are very close, for sure 💪. We hope that you have an appointment soon! 

Please keep in touch, we'll let you know if we have some news too. Good luck !

On 9/7/2021 at 4:13 PM, Mil&Mar said:

Oh yes, we understand, it's been really frustrating all these months of waiting. But this is the final step and you are very close, for sure 💪. We hope that you have an appointment soon! 

Please keep in touch, we'll let you know if we have some news too. Good luck !

Mil & Mar,

Happy to announce that early this morning we got an email from NVC saying that we were scheduled for a 10/14/21 interview date :)

1 hour ago, John B 3 said:

Mil & Mar,

Happy to announce that early this morning we got an email from NVC saying that we were scheduled for a 10/14/21 interview date :)

Ohhh, that's an excellent announcement! We're happy to read it :). All the best for you!!

And thanks for sharing, again. It's better for us since we can anticipate how long it would be. 

We keep in touch!

• 4 weeks later...

Mil & Mar,

Fabulous news! That sounds like a very fast turnaround time! Embassy seems to be speeding up. We would recommend using Dr. Grillo-- she was very quick and professional while being located close to the Embassy. We have our appointment tomorrow morning! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.