Removed20210801

Bogota Embassy Statistics

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I came across the visawhen website that was produced by another member here two weeks ago. This weekend I was bored and started poking at the project to get an idea of what was going on at the embassy. The visawhen combines some visas making it hard to see exactly what is happening. So I broke some of the data apart and wanted to share here. Here are the charts for K1, CR1, IR1, and B1/B2 visas and I'll follow it with what I think is going on along with methodology behind the data.

1879933506_ScreenShot2021-07-26at1_40_20AM.thumb.png.d5113e9737b0f97d3be2cc1caceb086f.png

1876261943_ScreenShot2021-07-26at1_40_37AM.thumb.png.7efb0081365684aaa8a05d8eda10e8b4.png

860946026_ScreenShot2021-07-26at1_40_48AM.thumb.png.91305e745326a4f4acd6a2444e3037ba.png

1050162639_ScreenShot2021-07-26at1_41_27AM.thumb.png.d7ae5f732f8675862c0b7b8a5c727a93.png

It looks like IR1 visas should be pretty much caught up at this point unless we had a huge increase in filing of IR1s during the pandemic. At any rate IR1s look like priority number one and should be all caught up. I would expect the numbers for IR1 to drop in July and for CR1 to shoot up higher. I'm guessing once that backlog is handled they will move onto K1 visas. They haven't even started to put a dent in the K1 visas and I don't expect any real movement for about 2 months. This matches up with what I have seen on the forums here and in other places. I threw in B1/B2 just to show that although they did 5k it's still far behind pre pandemic level.

This was computed by taking the trailing 6 month average on February 2020 which was the last full month of visa processing. This was so that the average wasn't dropped because of the half month of work done in March 2020. Going forward the average from February 2020 was applied to every month vs the number of visas that they actually processed for a given visa.

Hopefully this data is good news to some people (mostly CR1/IR1 filers) and provides some data for others. If you have any other interesting data that you could get from these numbers let me know.

Edited by bogotaCO

Thanks for providing! If this is correct, we are looking at 12-24 month wait times from NVC to interviews. The process at this embassy has completely broken down. No solutions have been offered to correct the backlog. We are told to just shut our mouths, pay fees, and wait.  

They have used every excuse in the book not to process K-1 visas. It is interesting that they can process work visas and illegals at the border very fast. 

Spent a little time this morning and have been spot checking that data against reports I see on the site. For instance I saw a K1 approved for Santiago Chile and checked it against my best guesses. It was within ~2 weeks fo the actual date. This will vary and outliers for expedites will obviously be way off this data. If you keep your time lines up to date or post here I can adjust the data to try and get the best guesses possible.

Bogota should currently be processing K1 visas with NOA2 from 2020-08-16 at the embassy

Here is another chart I put together. After this I'll post back here every time the monthly reports are published.

1136592995_ScreenShot2021-07-26at1_15_54PM.thumb.png.8e78cb3d82b27616dbf8a086920ce7a1.png 

Edited by bogotaCO
typo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.