Wcalmt1

to call or not

6 posts in this topic

June 1st Our Lawyer sent emails to expedite our cases.  No response.  July 1st Due to the situation in Moscow, (as of Aug 1st 2021, NO VISA SERVICES,)  our lawyer asked to transfer to Almaty, Kazakhstan. because Almaty is supposed to handle Immigration visas for citizens of Tajikistan.  How long dose one wait until calling NVC and asking about the statuses of out cases?  or will they move us to the bottom of the stack?  We all are frustrated with all the waiting! we just want to be together!

I called the NVC a month or so ago and it they told me Moscow is not conducting and interviews other then back logged ones from cancellations last year. I heard some people are getting DQ it this year and having interview so what the heck. We have been DQ since May 2020 that means we should be near the front of the backlog.

We called the Moscow embassy a month ago and they told us they have some of the paperwork but not all, waiting for the NVC. Then tell us it is up to the NVC when to schedule interview. 

I call the NVC today again another 2 hour wait. They give me the run around that the embassy is the one that chooses. 

I was talking with them telling them we need something be the end of September. My wife wants to attend because she worries about her son traveling alone and the stupidity of the interviewer. He is 16 and the most he did alone was hope on a train.

On top of all that my wife has a medical condition she wanted to resolve while she was there and needs to have all her Russian documents updated in person by October. After September her job enters peak times and wont have free time until December-Feb then back to peak again March-June. She was expecting to be in Russia for 1-1.5 month to get everything taken care off. We can not afford to go there 2 times in such a short period including another month off.

At this rate he son will graduate Russian HS then get her and then what? Attend 1 year of HS here or just be a outcast.

The thing that made me mad about the NVC was they told us my wife being there is a choice. I mean your telling us letting him travel and do this whole process alone is a wise option.

I gave them ####### about how they failed to even notify anyone of the Moscow issues. Then sat there and told me ooo we don't know anything that is going on. BS they know about the embassy was shutting down clear back in what March-April.

I asked them what the plans are when they do shut down and again told me we don't know we have no plans!

11 minutes ago, marpolsdofer said:

I called the NVC a month or so ago and it they told me Moscow is not conducting and interviews other then back logged ones from cancellations last year. I heard some people are getting DQ it this year and having interview so what the heck. We have been DQ since May 2020 that means we should be near the front of the backlog.

We called the Moscow embassy a month ago and they told us they have some of the paperwork but not all, waiting for the NVC. Then tell us it is up to the NVC when to schedule interview. 

I call the NVC today again another 2 hour wait. They give me the run around that the embassy is the one that chooses. 

I was talking with them telling them we need something be the end of September. My wife wants to attend because she worries about her son traveling alone and the stupidity of the interviewer. He is 16 and the most he did alone was hope on a train.

On top of all that my wife has a medical condition she wanted to resolve while she was there and needs to have all her Russian documents updated in person by October. After September her job enters peak times and wont have free time until December-Feb then back to peak again March-June. She was expecting to be in Russia for 1-1.5 month to get everything taken care off. We can not afford to go there 2 times in such a short period including another month off.

At this rate he son will graduate Russian HS then get her and then what? Attend 1 year of HS here or just be a outcast.

The thing that made me mad about the NVC was they told us my wife being there is a choice. I mean your telling us letting him travel and do this whole process alone is a wise option.

I gave them ####### about how they failed to even notify anyone of the Moscow issues. Then sat there and told me ooo we don't know anything that is going on. BS they know about the embassy was shutting down clear back in what March-April.

I asked them what the plans are when they do shut down and again told me we don't know we have no plans!

If they could just give us a estimated time on when the interview would take place so we know if we need to change location or not would be extremely helpful and I would be less angry.

Our lawyer  Got a response back from national Visa center. Since my wife and daughters are citizens of Tajikistan, We submitted to have our cases sent to Kazakhstan, Now they want an address and phone number in either Kazakhstan or Tajikistan.

On 7/15/2021 at 10:02 AM, Wcalmt1 said:

Our lawyer  Got a response back from national Visa center. Since my wife and daughters are citizens of Tajikistan, We submitted to have our cases sent to Kazakhstan, Now they want an address and phone number in either Kazakhstan or Tajikistan.

Are they aware of any Covid restriction there? My wife wants to transfer her sons interview to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan but if they are going to ask for address and phone number we wont have one. If we transfer to Kazakhstan my wife has family there and can use that. However, we are hearing from a friend in Russia who also has family in Kazakstan they wont let people in unless they have very close relatives there.

Do not know if any of that is true or they are just confused.

20 minutes ago, marpolsdofer said:

Are they aware of any Covid restriction there? My wife wants to transfer her sons interview to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan but if they are going to ask for address and phone number we wont have one. If we transfer to Kazakhstan my wife has family there and can use that. However, we are hearing from a friend in Russia who also has family in Kazakstan they wont let people in unless they have very close relatives there.

Do not know if any of that is true or they are just confused.

I'm not sure about the covid restrictions other than I do not believe I can go to Kazakhstan right now.  I know  only of one person that transferred to Kazakhstan back in March.  I don't know how they got the travel arranged. 

I was just informed yesterday by the NVC that all our cases have new Case numbers for Almaty, no interview as of yet.  Not sure how long until that will happen.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.