csh2020

Address Change at the Point of Entry?

3 posts in this topic

My stepkids (IR-2 - of a USC) received their visas this past week. We are planning a trip next week for them to travel back with us. We have also paid the IV fee.

There is only one issue. I forgot to change our address with UCSIS when we moved. So the system still reflecting our old address. The interview was quick and the consular officer told me that fees and anything else to do with GC would need to be through UCSIS. In other words, she didn't give me a chance to make any updates with the Embassy. 

Here is my question.

Will we be given a chance to make sure that the GC comes to the correct address with the officer at the Port of Entry or should be file an address change with UCSIS prior to their entry (or after their entry)? Knowing that the GC will not be sent until entry, we are just wondering how to go about making this correction in order that the GC doesn't end up mailed to our old address (and perhaps not get here). We know that address needs to be updated with UCSIS, it is impossible to get them on the phone. Thank you for your help with this. It is really just a question of logistics and timing. 

Edited by csh2020

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

We had Virginia address during application and interview. But we planned to move Oklahoma instead. We were able to update new address at port of entry (Los Angles). We received our GC at the new address in Oklahoma.

Category F3

PD 12 Feb 2007

All Chargeability Areas

4 hours ago, csh2020 said:

Will we be given a chance to make sure that the GC comes to the correct address with the officer at the Port of Entry

The CBP officer at POE normally verifies the mailing address as part of the entry inspection.  In case they don't, remind your stepkids to volunteer the new address information to the officer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.