YYZ&MIA

Rescheduling IR-1 Interview Montreal

45 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, cdngirl3 said:

Yes! We finally did! :) I think someone had compassion on our situation after we contacted them and explained our circumstances. We feel truly blessed to have an end to this long journey in sight!

@cdngirl3 Congratulations and thank you for updating us! Did you get the letter AFTER contacting them specifically or did you expedite? Who did you speak with and how long after did you hear from them? Any information would be useful. I also contemplated contacting them as we seem to have been forgotten otherwise 😟 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 5:18 AM, YYZ&MIA said:

Nope. 😟 If I dont hear anything by September, I will email the consulate and try to get some information. Montreal is already so backlogged that I literally imagine them putting the rescheduled cases to the back of the pile like oh haha it is your fault that you couldnt attend the interview we scheduled for you so now wait.

That's how I feel too! I definitely think we got thrown to the back of the pile at this point. It's also annoying that we can only interview in Montreal. I wish they'd do interviews on both the east and west coast. :( I'm in Vancouver and have been dealing with some post Covid health issues so the thought of flying so far and back is really unappealing. 

On 8/21/2021 at 10:22 AM, YYZ&MIA said:

@cdngirl3 Congratulations and thank you for updating us! Did you get the letter AFTER contacting them specifically or did you expedite? Who did you speak with and how long after did you hear from them? Any information would be useful. I also contemplated contacting them as we seem to have been forgotten otherwise 😟 

I highly recommend contacting the consulate (I'm not sure if our approach is how you should contact them, but we weren't sure what to do). I think us 'reschedulers' are probably being left forgotten in a pile somewhere because they are so busy and backlogged. We submitted an expedite request outlining our current challenging circumstances, the errors that had been made by USCIS in our case, the fact that we had contacted both the NVC and Consulate in advance to try prevent having our interview scheduled close to my due date but got it scheduled then anyways, and that it says on the Consular Operations website that they are currently scheduling July and Aug 2020 DQ dates (ours was beginning of July). Our expedite was denied (within a week of sending it). Shortly afterwards, however, they reached out to us via email saying that they were planning to reschedule our interview. I'm sure it must have been because someone saw our expedite request and had compassion on our situation. Hope that helps and that you are able to get an interview soon, as well! 

Edited by cdngirl3

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/2/2021 at 9:59 AM, cdngirl3 said:

I highly recommend contacting the consulate (I'm not sure if our approach is how you should contact them, but we weren't sure what to do). I think us 'reschedulers' are probably being left forgotten in a pile somewhere because they are so busy and backlogged. We submitted an expedite request outlining our current challenging circumstances, the errors that had been made by USCIS in our case, the fact that we had contacted both the NVC and Consulate in advance to try prevent having our interview scheduled close to my due date but got it scheduled then anyways, and that it says on the Consular Operations website that they are currently scheduling July and Aug 2020 DQ dates (ours was beginning of July). Our expedite was denied (within a week of sending it). Shortly afterwards, however, they reached out to us via email saying that they were planning to reschedule our interview. I'm sure it must have been because someone saw our expedite request and had compassion on our situation. Hope that helps and that you are able to get an interview soon, as well! 

Hi how did you submit an expedite request? Is there an email address for it? 

18 hours ago, dee&vee said:

Hi how did you submit an expedite request? Is there an email address for it? 

We sent an email to the Immigrant Visa division of the Montreal Consulate (Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov). We put "Expedite Request" in the subject line, along with our case number (we also included that in the body of the email).

Timeline
On 9/8/2021 at 4:46 PM, cdngirl3 said:

We sent an email to the Immigrant Visa division of the Montreal Consulate (Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov). We put "Expedite Request" in the subject line, along with our case number (we also included that in the body of the email).

Thanks. We sent an email and next day they sent up copy pasted answer from their website saying how they are only able to schedule a limited number of new immigrant visa appointments, and will continue to interview scheduled applicants at this time and will update applicants as the situation develops. No response on expedite at all. So they are just sending copy pasted answers to everyone now. This really sucks.

Timeline
21 hours ago, dee&vee said:

Thanks. We sent an email and next day they sent up copy pasted answer from their website saying how they are only able to schedule a limited number of new immigrant visa appointments, and will continue to interview scheduled applicants at this time and will update applicants as the situation develops. No response on expedite at all. So they are just sending copy pasted answers to everyone now. This really sucks.

😟😞😢

Timeline

I just received an IL letter for October 28. I have been waiting since May. No expediting, just waiting. Did anyone else get oneAll I can say is be patient, they seem to be scheduling more interviews per month based on the spread sheet from the Montreal forum. 

On 9/20/2021 at 12:23 PM, YYZ&MIA said:

I just received an IL letter for October 28. I have been waiting since May. No expediting, just waiting. Did anyone else get oneAll I can say is be patient, they seem to be scheduling more interviews per month based on the spread sheet from the Montreal forum. 

Congrats!!!

Timeline
On 9/20/2021 at 1:23 PM, YYZ&MIA said:

Congrats! Was your first interview scheduled in May? Ours was May too and in June we requested for reschedule.

Timeline
1 hour ago, dee&vee said:

Congrats! Was your first interview scheduled in May? Ours was May too and in June we requested for reschedule.

Yes, May! I send my request to reschedule in May also. Thank you 😢 we waited 3 years for this day.

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.