BrknEgle

Santo Domingo Interview

11 posts in this topic

I posted this in response to someone in another thread but I wanted to post it here for my friends filing in the RD to see...

Long time lurker, first time poster. We had our interview in Santo Domingo on Apr 27th. 

I was present with my beneficiary for the interview, there was no issue with both of us entering the building. In fact, the majority of the people in for interviews that day had both the petitioner and beneficiary present. I think it was a benefit for both of us to be there as the interviewer asked us both questions about each other, each others family, how we communicate, how we met etc. The whole process from waiting in line to enter the building, handing in our documents and having our interview took a total of about an hour.

During our interview the only additional information I was asked for was additional pictures, which I provided 8-10, the woman looked over them and then gave them back to us. The interviewer was very nice and was easy to talk to. Our case was very tight from the beginning and we had loads of extra documents and evidence so our experience was quick and easy. My fiance was nervous but I was not. The process was actually much easier than I expected.

At the end of the interview the woman interviewing us told us the visa was approved. On Monday of this week, my fiance picked up her visa and sealed information packet from the Gazcue center without issue. 

On 5/7/2021 at 1:10 PM, Itzalongnight said:

Congratulations, how long was you waiting for a interview ?

Received NOA 2 in June of 2020. NVC notified us that they sent our documents to consulate in early march of 2021. Received interview date in an e-mail from consulate in the first week of April.

We received our interview date randomly about 3 weeks before the interview so it was a bit of a scramble to get everything done before the interview. We had filled out and sent in our DS-160 and I-134 in October of 2020 so we were a bit ahead of the game luckily

Edited by BrknEgle
Added a date

• 2 months later...

My fiancé had his interview on the 15th of this month. We are just waiting to pick up his visa. Did they just email you when the passport was ready to be picked up? I am worried we won’t get it in time for the flights i bought for us to leave on the 28th. I thought that would give us plenty of time between the interview and picking up the passport but we have gotten no word yet. 

On 7/21/2021 at 2:17 PM, Suzie Pearce said:

My fiancé had his interview on the 15th of this month. We are just waiting to pick up his visa. Did they just email you when the passport was ready to be picked up? I am worried we won’t get it in time for the flights i bought for us to leave on the 28th. I thought that would give us plenty of time between the interview and picking up the passport but we have gotten no word yet. 

What is the status of your visa on CEAC? It seems like there is a delay in the issuance of visas at the Santo Domingo Embassy. Our interview was on 06/15/21 and were told our passport would be ready for pick up in two weeks. We also booked our flight three weeks out thinking that would be plenty of time (not advised) but, had to cancel our flight. Our visa was issued yesterday!🙌🏻🙌🏻 We are now just waiting on the email to pick up the passport. Hopefully they issue your fiancé’s visa soon! 

On 7/22/2021 at 9:58 PM, Jenn2020 said:

What is the status of your visa on CEAC? It seems like there is a delay in the issuance of visas at the Santo Domingo Embassy. Our interview was on 06/15/21 and were told our passport would be ready for pick up in two weeks. We also booked our flight three weeks out thinking that would be plenty of time (not advised) but, had to cancel our flight. Our visa was issued yesterday!🙌🏻🙌🏻 We are now just waiting on the email to pick up the passport. Hopefully they issue your fiancé’s visa soon! 

Oh my gosh you are kidding! They told me we could pick it up in one week. They should’ve let me know that there is a delay. Ugh. This whole time it’s said “Application Received” in CEAC. It looks like someone finally looked at the case yesterday or something because the date changed from saying 7-15 to 7-23. Thank you for letting me know because I was just going to wait here until he could go home with me but now I’m thinking it would make more sense just to go home now if this will take another month 

10 hours ago, Suzie Pearce said:

Oh my gosh you are kidding! They told me we could pick it up in one week. They should’ve let me know that there is a delay. Ugh. This whole time it’s said “Application Received” in CEAC. It looks like someone finally looked at the case yesterday or something because the date changed from saying 7-15 to 7-23. Thank you for letting me know because I was just going to wait here until he could go home with me but now I’m thinking it would make more sense just to go home now if this will take another month 

Make sure to check the status of the passport before canceling your flight because once my case changed to “application received” it was issued two days after. Right I don’t understand either what took so long. I’ve seen others receive their visa in a week or less. I guess every case is different. Best of luck to you! 

4 hours ago, Jenn2020 said:

Make sure to check the status of the passport before canceling your flight because once my case changed to “application received” it was issued two days after. Right I don’t understand either what took so long. I’ve seen others receive their visa in a week or less. I guess every case is different. Best of luck to you! 

Mine has said “Application received” since at least the day of the interview on 7-15. What had yours said for the past few weeks. Did yours not say “Application Received” this whole time? I’m curious why yours is taking so long. 

2 hours ago, Suzie Pearce said:

Mine has said “Application received” since at least the day of the interview on 7-15. What had yours said for the past few weeks. Did yours not say “Application Received” this whole time? I’m curious why yours is taking so long. 

My case changed to “Administrative Processing” two days after our interview. Then on 06/24/21 it updated but remained in AP. On 07/19/21 it changed to “Application Received”. On 07/21/21 it was “Issued” and on 07/23/21 we got the email to pick up his passport with visa. I really don’t know what took so long because I emailed the Embassy to ask if they needed any additional documentation because it was taking so long but, they never requested anything. From what I’ve read here every case goes through AP after approval, some undergo AP for 2 days others two weeks or even two months. It’s hard to say how long it takes for your case to complete necessary administrative processing. 

6 hours ago, Jenn2020 said:

My case changed to “Administrative Processing” two days after our interview. Then on 06/24/21 it updated but remained in AP. On 07/19/21 it changed to “Application Received”. On 07/21/21 it was “Issued” and on 07/23/21 we got the email to pick up his passport with visa. I really don’t know what took so long because I emailed the Embassy to ask if they needed any additional documentation because it was taking so long but, they never requested anything. From what I’ve read here every case goes through AP after approval, some undergo AP for 2 days others two weeks or even two months. It’s hard to say how long it takes for your case to complete necessary administrative processing. 

Oh interesting! So maybe mine won’t take as long, fingers crossed because I want to go home! I really appreciate you responding to me, this info was super helpful! Congratulations and I wish all the best to you and your new adventure with your fiancé! 

15 hours ago, Suzie Pearce said:

Oh interesting! So maybe mine won’t take as long, fingers crossed because I want to go home! I really appreciate you responding to me, this info was super helpful! Congratulations and I wish all the best to you and your new adventure with your fiancé! 

No problem!😉 thank you very much, I wish you two the best as well & really hope your fiancé gets his visa soon!♥️🙏🏻🙏🏻

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.