DAgg

Waiting for embassy interview

146 posts in this topic

Hi,

Does anyone know if NVC schedules visa appointments at the US Embassy out of their DQ’ed order (Excluding expedites)? I know people who were DQ’ed early June/mid July of 2020 got their interview scheduled at the beginning of February 2021. I’m DQ’ed on September and I still haven’t heard any news. I also know that the embassy is fully operating and processing over 95 CR1/IR1 visas monthly.

I thought I was going to get notified by the end of April as my country usually does not have that many immigrant visa petitions. 
I really don’t know what is going on and I’m starting to get worried. 

Thank you for your inputs

NVC sent me an email that contained this language, so in theory this is what they are supposed to be doing. Not sure if that is entirely the case in practice:

To be fair to all applicants, the Department of State schedules immigrant visa interviews in the order that the cases complete processing at the NVC.

We will schedule a visa interview once there is one available for the case.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Albania
Timeline

@DAgg i'm getting impatient too with a December 2020 DQ date.. it doesn't make sense given they were processing them quickly earlier in the year. Albania hasn't published statistics on the month of April yet so maybe they are processing fewer CR1/IR1s in favor of other visas?

2 hours ago, shosholala said:

@DAgg i'm getting impatient too with a December 2020 DQ date.. it doesn't make sense given they were processing them quickly earlier in the year. Albania hasn't published statistics on the month of April yet so maybe they are processing fewer CR1/IR1s in favor of other visas?

They usually update the monthly statistics either at the end of the month or in the middle. And I don’t think that’s the case as DOS gave priority to spouse and fiancé visas first and after that to other categories of IRs. Each embassy should reduce the backlog of visas, or at least not make it longer.  I don’t understand what Albania is doing. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
8 hours ago, shosholala said:

Last month they released the monthly statistics for march on April 21st, so we might have some idea at the end of this week on how many visas they issued this month. This might also help us understand whether they are giving priority to other visas instead of spousal ones. I don't think that's the case and I really hope it's not. Hopefully we hear soon.

Timeline

I did this analysis. In 2019, they processed 237 CR1/IR1 visas. In 2020, they processed 148, so if we assume they have the same visas each year roughly, then the backlog was about 90 visas -- which they cleared by March 2021, so it makes no sense to me that they haven't scheduled us, unless they processed very little CR1 / IR1s visas in April. 

image.png.e5b1e09ea3fb5e9c5bb5bbf01af19b61.png

Timeline
12 hours ago, shosholala said:

I did this analysis. In 2019, they processed 237 CR1/IR1 visas. In 2020, they processed 148, so if we assume they have the same visas each year roughly, then the backlog was about 90 visas -- which they cleared by March 2021, so it makes no sense to me that they haven't scheduled us, unless they processed very little CR1 / IR1s visas in April. 

image.png.e5b1e09ea3fb5e9c5bb5bbf01af19b61.png

I've done the same thing and I reached the same conclusion. I thought me and @DAgg would have for sure heard on March or April. SO, I am not sure what is happening. I don't know how to explain this. Did we have an increase in numbers of CR1/ IR1 visas over the year? Or maybe there is some process we don't know?  I can't explain it.  

Also, unfortunately there are not a lot of Albanians who use this site and we have no idea what months they are processing right now, be that before or after us.

Edited by At175

Timeline
On 4/23/2021 at 11:33 AM, shosholala said:

Oh interesting! @DAgg where do you see the number of CRQ/IR1 visas issued on a monthly basis?

I think that March may have been their last month prioritizing CR1/IR1 because in February 24, 2021 Biden resumed visas in all categories. The backlog is much greater in other visa categories I'm sure.

3 hours ago, shosholala said:

I think that March may have been their last month prioritizing CR1/IR1 because in February 24, 2021 Biden resumed visas in all categories. The backlog is much greater in other visa categories I'm sure.

What I don’t understand is how people with DQs in June and July interviewed faster than those with a May DQ date. I don’t think it was expedited either. 
If you calculate their wait times its about 7-7.5 months. For me it will be 8 on the 23rd of this month, meaning the backlog is increasing? 
It doesn’t make sense anymore. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, DAgg said:

What I don’t understand is how people with DQs in June and July interviewed faster than those with a May DQ date. I don’t think it was expedited either. 
If you calculate their wait times its about 7-7.5 months. For me it will be 8 on the 23rd of this month, meaning the backlog is increasing? 
It doesn’t make sense anymore. 

That's crazy! I don't understand why that is. Maybe it's a process we don't know??? 

Btw, they just released the numbers this month. They only did 16 spousal visas on April...

Timeline
1 minute ago, At175 said:

That's crazy! I don't understand why that is. Maybe it's a process we don't know??? 

Btw, they just released the numbers this month. They only did 16 spousal visas on April...

They didn't do a lot of visas overall on April, very few compared to other months. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, DAgg said:

Omg I can’t believe this!!! They process only 19 spouse visas but 353 tourist visas??

I dont think they are interviewing for tourist visas. I think they are just renewing them with no interview? My understanding is that they are not giving any new tourist visas.

My question is why did they do so few visas overall compared to march?

Edited by At175

2 minutes ago, At175 said:

I dont think they are interviewing for tourist visas. I think they are just renewing them with no interview? My understanding is that they are not giving any new tourist visas.

That’s what they say but you never know. It seems like they are doing more IR5 visas and less on other categories. 
Very confusing process. 
All there is for us to do is wait and hope to hear good news soon 🙏🏻

Timeline

@DAgg  where do you see people with a May 2020 DQ date that hasn't been interviewed? Or that was interviewed before June / July DQ?

I don't understand how they went from processing 100 CR1 / IR1 visas in March to processing 19 in April? I wonder if I should reach out to them. It's a some form human rights abuse to not efficiently provide spousal visas to American citizens! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.