pepeg

Trusting NVC on CSPA age

7 posts in this topic

Hi, F4 derivative here.

So, I have been unable to get the approval date from the I-130 form from my aunt because apparently she doesn't know exactly what am I asking. My case, or my mom's case, has been on DQ since July 2020. I have been wondering about whether or not CSPA age will be applied to me. My older sibilings were taken out of the application by NVC as the application went on, except for me. I have called 4 times to the NVC asking if they calculated my age for me, and the 4 times they have said that yes, CSPA was applied to me. Should I trust the NVC on this? or should I keep trying to figure out my CSPA age?

The fact is that your CSPA age cannot be finally determined until your priority date is current. NVC may be applying the current estimate but that’s not yet determinate. And we have seen plenty of reports here both of NVC leaving on people who have aged out, and taking off people who are still protected by CSPA. The onus is on you to do the final calculation. If your aunt has not kept all the paperwork, you can get some estimate of the approval date by looking at the approval year which will be the first 4 numbers of the NVC case number (after the three letter embassy code).

38 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

The fact is that your CSPA age cannot be finally determined until your priority date is current. NVC may be applying the current estimate but that’s not yet determinate. And we have seen plenty of reports here both of NVC leaving on people who have aged out, and taking off people who are still protected by CSPA. The onus is on you to do the final calculation. If your aunt has not kept all the paperwork, you can get some estimate of the approval date by looking at the approval year which will be the first 4 numbers of the NVC case number (after the three letter embassy code).

Thanks for the reply! 

There is one more question that I am wondering now. I don't quite understand when my priority date became current. I checked that the first time the date was over my priority date showed up on the final action chart was on April 2019. So, what should I put as the date when my priority date became current?

10 minutes ago, pepeg said:

Thanks for the reply! 

There is one more question that I am wondering now. I don't quite understand when my priority date became current. I checked that the first time the date was over my priority date showed up on the final action chart was on April 2019. So, what should I put as the date when my priority date became current?

It is the first day of the month in which the visa bulletin is published with the PD as current in chart A. So if that was April 2019, the date you use for CSPA is 1 April 2019.  You did submit a DS260 before 1 April 2020, correct?

Edited by SusieQQQ

8 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

It is the first day of the month in which the visa bulletin is published with the PD as current in chart A. So if that was April 2019, the date you use for CSPA is 1 April 2019.  You did submit a DS260 before 1 April 2020, correct?

I submitted my DS260 in July 2019, so that means I met the seek to acquire requirement right? 

i also did an estimated calculation using 01/01/year that the I-130 was approved according to the case number and it seems that I’m still under 21, which means I’m CSPA eligible?

Edited by pepeg

5 minutes ago, pepeg said:

I submitted my DS260 in July 2019, so that means I met the seek to acquire requirement right? 

i also did an estimated calculation using 01/01/year that the I-130 was approved according to the case number and it seems that I’m still under 21, which means I’m CSPA eligible?

Yes re DS260. 

And yes, it should mean that assuming the calc is correctly done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.