LadyUK

Thanks everyone...

18 posts in this topic

I decided that it would be best for me not to change my name -- either on my passport or my SS card -- until after the whole darn DCF thing was over and we were on US soil, so I filed my taxes using my old name. I have used my married name only socially and for the DCF, but they were able to figure out that "Ms elmcitymaven Thompson" on the tax forms was also "Mrs elmcitymaven Mann" on all the immigration paperwork.

Just something to keep in mind if you want to cut down on the forms to file...

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

That's good to know.

When we first started looking into this process the names she had was:

Geneva Smith (from 1st marriage) - SSN

Geneva Jones (from 2nd marriage) - Passport and ILR, all other documents

Then when we decided to get married we thought it would be much easier to stick with Jones for everything until we get over to USA and then go through the name change thing. But we thought that changing the SSN name to match the passport would be a good idea to get sorted, don't want to confuse the poor CO with THREE different surnames for her.

-------------------------

met online Dec 19 2004

met in person Dec 24 2004

met her family in states Jun 5 2005

moved in together Jun 2005

officially engaged April 17 2007

married at Lazaats June 15 2007

sent off I-130 June 30 2007

recieved I-130 back (signed in wrong place) 2 July 2007

sent off I-130 July 4 2007 (again) signed this time

Right. I think it's probably best if I can file my taxes using my maiden name because it's the same as my US passport. The UK passport is my married name so they shouldn't have any trouble figuring it out.

Thanks for all the advice you two! I promise not to make a nuisance of myself again....for awhile! :whistle:

Jul 1, 07 - Sent I-130s

Jul 6, 07 - I-130s filed

Jul 9, 07 - NOA1 received

Jul 23, 07 - Sent police certificate application

Aug 23, 07 -Police certificate received

Sep 25, 07- I-130s both approved

Sep 29, 07- Packet 3 received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.