V & E

IR1 -NVC (Invalid document- re-submit) and what next?

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

Currently I’m in NVC document review stage. I submitted all the Aos document, Financial evidence and civil documents 

Received messages from NVC that one of the civil documents is invalid and need to replace it with correct one. Bottom chart on CEAC show “civil document section -invalid Doc”. AOS and FE section show “Accepted”- but on FE review note “xxx might not have a principal residence or be domiciled in the United States.please submit proof of domicile” - do I need to do anything in AOS and FE section? 

so, I replaced and re-upload the civil document with explanation a few days ago. It’s status on civil document section change to “submitted” 

Then, I received email from NVC this morning that said your status been updated and please log into ceac to view the status. But, the civil document section still show “submitted” when I logged in this morning.

Now what to do next? I don’t see any new message/review note ! Do I need to wait for NVC to change the civil document section” accepted” ? Do I still miss some steps?

how do I know if document qualified and move my case to embassy in Hong Kong? Will NVC send me a email? 

Your input is greatly appreciated 

thanks.

You won't be Documentarily Qualified until everything shows as "accepted". It took a week for everything I submitted to show as accepted on CEAC. Once that happened, we got a message on CEAC with subject "All required applicant documents have been received and approved" and the body of the message saying "DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED". We then got an email called "Notice regarding your Immigrant Visa Case becoming Documentarily Qualified".

Others with more knowledge about the domicile issue can speak to that but I believe you do need to provide some supporting documents for that now.

See threads like this:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.