bdp

Request for Evidence

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask if someone has been through this situation and wanted to know what they did or any other advice really. So I filled my I-130 (US citizen spouse visa) application online and I received my NOA1 from Potomac center on 27 February 2020. I did not hear anything from USCIS until 28 January 2021 and it was RFE request. This request said following: 

image.png.0dbbb8fca1162096e7b03e5313525b27.png

I submitted this missing information online where it said "Respond to request online" and "add evidence". I uploaded filled out page 9 as they asked for on 3 February 2021. One week later, I called USCIS and asked how long will they take to decide and decide on my case and they said they did not know then I asked where my file was and they said it was in Vermont center. I asked this question because the RFE request came from California center. I got more confused. I was told I had to follow Vermont center processing time (which is just ridiculously long). I made a second call last week asking same questions and this time I was told the file was in Vermont center. They did make a service request for me since it was out of processing time according to Vermont center processing time. Now, I am beyond confused and getting tired of waiting. Can someone help me and let me know what they did to make things to faster?

Thanks!

I would not worry about which center the requests come from or go to besides these are supposed to be processed electronic now.

RFE is kind of good. Your file is being processed.

If no update after 90 days of response to RFE, call for an update.

Processing timeline for your case is now changed a bit because of the RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.