jagsfl

visa interview - no appointments available

2 posts in this topic

hey VJ!

I have a couple of questions.

My Indonesian wife was instructed after she completed her medical check-up to email about scheduling a visa interview. She gets an automatic response that has no information about appointment, but there is a link to set one up. On the page there's the note:  *There are currently no appointments available. 

Is this common right now, and do we just keep waiting for them to email us with updates?

2nd question -

When we got the email about setting up the medical checkup - the subject line stated CR1, instead of IR1.  We have been married since December 2018. We started the process for getting marriage visa obviously months before our 2nd anniversary.

Will we still be able to get an IR1 visa? Or does the application process have to begin After being married for 2 years? Is there anything I can do to ensure we get an IR1 instead of CR1? I had seen another VJ member had an issue with this before, and I'm unsure of the outcome of it.  Thank you in advance!

August 15, 2019: Submitted Date
September 09, 2019 (around this date): Received NOA1

April 15, 2020: USCIS approved. Sent to National Visa Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.